This credit card is best suited for frequent travellers as it offers numerous travel-centric benefits in the form of direct discounts and other privileges. It allows you to remain risk free and above all, it helps you to save money while travelling and dining. Along with travel benefits, the card is popular for the best-in-class reward benefits and milestone bonuses. Below are some of highlights of the card.
American Express® Platinum Travel Credit Card Features
Users can enjoy the following features on this credit card-
- The cardholder will enjoy special benefits for dining across partner premium restaurants and multi-cuisine hotels in major cities of India.
- Enjoy special privilege to pay for your big spending in easy monthly instalments.
- 1 membership point is given for spending every Rs. 50 through the credit card except for expenditures on utilities, fuel, insurance and cash transactions.
- Cardholders have the option to get two supplementary credit cards at zero cost.
American Express® Platinum Travel Credit Card Benefits
Given below are a few benefits that users can avail-
- On using the card for the first time, you get a welcome gift voucher. On reaching a spending milestone of Rs. 4 Lakhs in a year, you get additional travel vouchers. T&C Apply.
- You will also get a Taj Experiences Gift Cards worth Rs. 10,000 from the Taj Hotels Palaces Resorts Safaris. T&C Apply.
- Enjoy special travel benefits from bookings made on makemytrip.com. T&C Apply.
- Enjoy up to 20% discount at select premium restaurants, multiple cuisines and more.
- 4 complimentary visits per year (1 per quarter) to 11 airport lounges across India.
- On spending Rs. 1.90 Lacs in a year, earn 3,400 Regular Membership Rewards Points redeemable for Travel Vouchers worth Rs. 1,700.
- You also receive complimentary Priority Pass Membership with an annual fee of US$ 99 waived off.
American Express® Platinum Travel Credit Card Welcome Benefits
Card holder will receive welcome gift of 5000 Milestone Bonus Membership Rewards Points that can be exchanged for Travel vouchers worth Rs. 4000.
American Express® Platinum Travel Credit Card Fees and Charges
The card charges a joining fee of Rs. 3,500 for the first year followed by annual fee of Rs. 5,000 from the second year onwards.
|Joining Fee||Rs. 3,500 plus applicable taxes|
|Annual Fee||Rs. 5,000 plus applicable taxes|
|Supplementary Card Fee (per annum)||Nil for up to 2 cards|
|Interest Free Period||52 Days|
|Surcharge on Purchase of Railway Ticket||1.8% of the transaction value if booked on the internet (IRCTC) subject to a minimum of Rs. 10|
|Record of Charge/ Summary of Charge Retrieval Fee||Rs. 100 per Retrieval|
|Free Credit Period||Nil|
|Cash Advance Charges||3.5% of the Cash Advance amount, subject to a minimum of Rs. 250|
|Duplicate Statement Fee||Rs. 100 per statement for statements older than 3 months|
|Cheque/ECS/NACH Return Fee||Rs. 250 per Returned Instrument|
|Overlimit Charges||Rs. 500|
|Foreign Currency Transactions||Currency Conversion Factor Assessment: 3.50%|
|Points/Miles Reinstatement Fee||Rs. 200 per reinstatement|
How to Apply for American Express® Platinum Travel Credit Card
Applying for American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card has never been this easy. Visit our website and search for this card under credit cards section. Select the section that contains American Express cards while searching for this card. Enter your personal details as per identity proof, residence proof, copy of PAN card and photograph in order to successfully apply for this card. Copies of the document will need to be produced by for verification by American Express at a later date.
American Express® Platinum Travel Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
An applicant must be more than 18 years of age with a permanent residential address in India. A valid bank account in any of the domestic or multinational bank is necessary along with a good credit history featuring zero defaults in the past. The annual income of the applicant should be at least Rs. 6 Lakhs and above in order for their credit card application to be accepted. In case of self-employed the company must have been trading for at least 12 months and in case of existing American Express Card Holders otherwise at least 18 months.