This credit card is best suited for frequent travellers as it offers numerous travel-centric benefits in the form of direct discounts and other privileges. It allows you to remain risk free and above all, it helps you to save money while travelling and dining. Along with travel benefits, the card is popular for the best-in-class reward benefits and milestone bonuses. Below are some of highlights of the card.
American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card Features
Users can enjoy the following features on this credit card-
- Enjoy travel discounts and deals for flight bookings, hotel rentals from makemytrip.com.
- Card holder will enjoy special benefits for dining across partner premium restaurants and multi cuisine hotels in major cities of India.
- Enjoy special privilege to pay your big spending in monthly instalments.
- 1 membership point is given for spending every Rs. 50 through the credit card except for expenditures on utilities, fuel, insurance and cash transactions.
- Card holders have the option to get two supplementary credit cards at zero cost.
American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card Benefits
Given below are a few benefits that users can avail-
- Enjoy special travel benefits from bookings made on makemytrip.com.
- Enjoy up to 20% discount at select premium restaurants, multiple cuisines and more.
- 4 complimentary visits per year to 30 airport lounges in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and 9 other cities.
- Spend Rs. 1.90 lakhs on your credit card in 1 year and it will earn you Travel Vouchers worth more than Rs.7,700.
- On spending Rs. 4 lakhs annually, cardholder can earn travel vouchers worth Rs.11,800. Also get Taj Experience Gift Card worth Rs. 10,000.
- You also receive complimentary Priority Pass Membership with annual fee of US$ 99 waived off.
American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card Welcome Benefits
Card holder will receive welcome gift of 5000 Milestone Bonus Membership Rewards Points that can be exchanged for Travel vouchers worth Rs. 4000.
American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card Fees and Charges
The card charges a joining fee of Rs. 3,500 for the first year followed by annual fee of Rs. 5,000 from the second year onwards.
|Joining Fee||Rs. 3,500|
|Annual Fee||Rs. 3,500 plus applicable taxes|
|Supplementary Card Fee (per annum)||Nil for up to 2 cards|
|Interest Free Period||52 Days|
|Surcharge on Purchase of Railway Ticket||1.8% of the transaction value if booked on the internet (IRCTC) subject to a minimum of Rs. 10|
|Record of Charge/ Summary of Charge Retrieval Fee||Rs. 100 per Retrieval|
|Free Credit Period||Nil|
|Cash Advance Charges||3.5% of the Cash Advance amount, subject to a minimum of Rs. 250|
|Duplicate Statement Fee||Rs. 100 per statement for statements older than 3 months|
|Cheque/ECS/NACH Return Fee||Rs. 250 per Returned Instrument|
|Overlimit Charges||Rs. 500|
|Foreign Currency Transactions||Currency Conversion Factor Assessment: 3.50%|
|Points/Miles Reinstatement Fee||Rs. 200 per reinstatement|
How to Apply for American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card
Applying for American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card has never been this easy. Visit our website and search for this card under credit cards section. Select the section that contains American Express cards while searching for this card. Enter your personal details as per identity proof, residence proof, copy of PAN card and photograph in order to successfully apply for this card. Copies of the document will need to be produced by for verification by American Express at a later date.
American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
An applicant must be more than 18 years of age with a permanent residential address in India. A valid bank account in any of the domestic or multinational bank is necessary along with a good credit history featuring zero defaults in the past. The annual income of the applicant should be at least Rs. 6 Lakhs and above in order for their credit card application to be accepted. In case of self-employed the company must have been trading for at least 12 months and in case of existing American Express Card Holders otherwise at least 18 months.