Net banking or internet banking is an electronic payment system that authorizes bank customers to carry out a variety of financial as well as non-financial transactions through the website of a particular financial institution. The internet banking facility lets one to manage their finances from anywhere, be it their home or office as per their convenience. Kotak Mahindra Bank customers can use the online banking facility easily. Customers can carry out their banking transactions securely and with total privacy through Kotak net banking.
Kotak Mahindra Bank Net Banking
Kotak Net Banking Services
|· Services available 24 × 7 – anywhere, anytime.|
|· Strict security for online banking.|
|· Multiple accounts of a customer can be accessed.|
|· Online password can be regenerated and user ID can be unlocked instantly.|
|· Transfer funds online through NEFT, RTGS or IMPS to third-party accounts from Kotak Mahindra Bank account.|
|· View and update your profile details online such as mobile number, email ID, mailing address, PAN card, Aadhaar number, FATCA declaration, etc. instantly.|
|· View balance of accounts, account activity and check status.|
|· Use Kotak BillPay for the payment of utility bills, credit card, mobile recharge/DTH.|
|· Recharge mobile and DTH prepaid accounts.|
|· Book tickets for air, rail, bus and hotel online.|
|· Requests for a check book, registration of the Payment Gateway and many other transaction services.|
|· Regenerate PIN for debit cards, activate / deactivate debit cards, activate / deactivate debit cards for international use, link accounts, etc.|
|· Apply for a new debit card, image debit card, priority pass, card protection plan or upgrade debit card.|
|· Through statement tab, the customers can download the digitally signed statements.|
|· The securities available in Demat accounts can be viewed.|
|· Safe online shopping at more than 8500 websites with Kotak Netc@rd.|
|· Online investment / redemption in mutual funds and view current portfolio of mutual funds.|
|· View insurance policy for Kotak Life, switch funds and pay premium online.|
|· Apply online for new insurance policy for Kotak Life.|
Kotak Net Banking Features
- Secured Transaction: At Kotak Mahindra, high-level security arrangements are placed for safeguarding each of your transactions which are accessed online. It is important to note that, all transactions pass via 256-bit SSL coded medium that is considered as the most progressive level of security measure available for carrying out online transactions. Above all, all the different bank’s servers are equipped with firewalls for preventing unauthorized access.
- Banking Facility 24×7: Net Banking at Kotak Mahindra is available 24×7, allowing the customer to access this service anytime! The only requirement is a stable internet connection for a desktop or laptop consisting of an active browser. Always keep your Customer ID and password ready for accessing the net banking portal.
- Check Account Details: Customers can gain access to their online account for checking out information such as balance check, the status of the cheque and lot more. This service option is available for current accounts, savings account, term deposits or other account type associated with Kotak Mahindra.
- Fund Transfer Online: Using Kotak net banking, one can transfer funds quickly and securely. The customer is offered the convenience to transfer funds to other Kotak bank accounts as well as to non-Kotak accounts through NEFT, IMPS or RTGS.
- Kotak Life Insurance –With the power of net banking, the customer can easily check the status of his/her Life insurance plan with Kotak. Apart from this, you can even pay the policy premium using the online medium, apply for the fresh life insurance scheme or switch funds.
- Bill Settlement –Repaying bills does become easy with internet banking that permits you to settle a number of bills such as utility bills, DTH connection bills, mobile bill and credit card bill using Kotak Bill Pay option presented by Kotak Mahindra.
- Manage Service Requests –There is no need to visit the bank for placing a service request. These actions can now be managed online using the net banking portal. Submit requests for ATM card PIN, new cheque book etc., via Kotak Net Banking.
- Protected Online Shopping –Now you can experience the comfort of online shopping in a much more protected manner thanks to ‘Netc@rd’ by Kotak Mahindra. This service option permits the customer to purchase goods from more than 8000 online shopping websites.
- Kotak Investments –Checking your mutual fund selection can be done easily through Kotak Net Banking. Furthermore, investment and exchanging fund holdings over the internet can be managed using this vibrant online banking portal.
- IPO Application –One can now apply for FPO/ IPO/Rights Issue directly from your house or workplace with the help of ASBA facility that directly discards any sort of paperwork.
Kotak Net Banking Accounts
Saving and Current Accounts
- Details of account and account activities can be viewed.
- The customer will have access to the account details, such as the joint holder, the opening date of the account, the status of the account (e.g. active, blocked, dormant, etc.), the mode of operation, the account currency and the account type.
- Customers can set a nickname for their account number.
- If the customer requests to display, the nominee details can also be viewed.
- Mini statement for the last 5 transactions can be viewed by the customer.
- Cashless Deposits- Details and status of deposited checks/instruments can be viewed.
- View / Stop Check- The status of checks such as paid, unused and stopped can be viewed. Customers can also stop single/multiple checks.
- Temporary Overdraft (TOD) Inquiry- Temporary Overdraft (TOD) details may be viewed such as TOD status, date of grant, date of expiry of TOD, amount of TOD, interest rate and penal interest rate.
Fixed/ Recurring Deposit Accounts
- Fixed/ Recurring deposits can be booked online.
- A deposit calculator is now available to help the customers determine how their deposit grows over a certain period of time, based on the type of deposit and deposit amount.
- Customers can view their deposit details such as deposit details, deposit type, nominee name (if applicable), other details such as maturity instructions, interest rate, etc. Customers can also view the interest credit schedule on their account without TDS.
- Details of the created pool accounts (multiple linked accounts), if any.
- Simulate Fixed / Recurring Deposit Pre-closure- This is a calculator that allows the customers to determine the amount of the withdrawal with interest details according to the date of closure and withdrawal. This is just an indicative amount, real amounts can vary.
Fund Transfer through Kotak Net Banking
- Transfer money between Kotak accounts.
- Transfer money to the Kotak account of another person.
- Transfer money to another bank account via the National Electronic Transfer System (NEFT) of RBI. Usually this is used to transfer Rs. 2 lakhs and less.
- Transfer money to another bank account through the Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) of RBI. Amount of Rs. 2 lakhs and higher are transferred faster through RTGS.
- Transfer money to another bank account immediately 365 days, 24×7 through Immediate Payment Service (IMPS).
- Mail money- Forget the problem of requesting bank account details, transferring money using the email ID and mobile number of the beneficiary. Per transaction, customers can transfer up to Rs. 10,000.
- Demand Draft- Send money with a Demand Draft to someone. Demand Draft may be sent to the address of the beneficiary or to the customer’s address registered with the bank.
- Customers can choose when to make the payment or save the transaction and make the payment when needed.
- Pay Now- The payment is immediately made.
- Pay Later: Customers can choose the date on which they want to pay. The transaction is scheduled and processed on the payment date as the customers have chosen. This transaction can be edited / stop from ‘ Pending Transfers.’
- Schedule Regular Payments: By selecting this option, customers can schedule regular payments. If the customer wishes to make their payments, they must enter the start date, frequency and date. Customers can even stop / edit the details of the Standing Instruction for Standing Instructions set up for payments.
Under ‘Completed Transfers,’ customers can view all their previous transactions with the transaction status. If the customer wants to do the same transaction without entering the required transaction details again, the customer can even use the ‘Copy Transfers’ facility.
How to Register for Kotak Net Banking
A simple process of registration allows one to control the bank account through Kotak Net Banking from around the world. Customers can now register for Net Banking online. They have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the Kotak Net Banking registration page
- Enter your CRN or nickname
- Now verify your bank account details
- You have to create two security questions that can be used to reset Kotak net banking password
- The authentication can be done using the debit card details, credit card details or physical PIN
- Once submitted, the application is approved and net banking account is activated
A physical application form can also be submitted:
- Download and fill in the request form for channel access: Channel Access Request form for individuals; Channel Access Request form for limited companies, associations, trusts, partnerships, sole proprietorship and HUFs.
- Submit / Drop the completed form in the Branch or ATM drop box.
- Customers can also send the completed form by regular mail to – Customer Contact Center, Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd., Post Box Number 16344, Mumbai – 400 013.
Account holders can call the Customer Contact Center-1860 266 2666 (24×7) or + 91 22 6600 6022 for registration of net banking.
How to Regenerate Kotak Net Banking Password
Regenerate the password for Net Banking if the customer forgets it or unlock it easily in just a few simple steps.
- To unlock the existing password on the Net Banking login page, click on the link “Forgot / Blocked Password” to regenerate the password or on the link “Password Locked?”
- Enter the user identification (CRN) or net banking nickname.
- Answer two compulsory questions.
- Select any of the following methods for further verification:
- Debit card: Check your active debit card details and PIN.
- Secret questions: Answer secret questions when registering. For secret questions after logging into Kotak Net Banking, please visit the profile section.
- Credit Card: Check your active credit card details and PIN.
- After verifying the debit card/secret questions/credit card, the customer must enter a 6-character password of their choice and on their preferred email ID and mobile number, the other 6-character password will be sent. If the password is unlocked, the existing password is immediately unlocked.
- Log in to Kotak Net Banking with the customer’s password of 6 characters, followed by the password of 6 characters sent from the bank’s end.
- Customers can also request a physical PIN mailer with an additional option. Select any of the following methods for further verification:
- Answer Account questions: Answer questions related to the customer’s account.
- Generate a One-Time Password: Check the preferred email ID and mobile number by entering a one-time password.
Steps to regenerate the online Net Banking password for NR customers who did not set secret questions:
- Click the Forgot / Blocked Password link on the login page for Net Banking.
- Enter the user identification (CRN).
- Answer two compulsory questions.
- The customer must enter a 6-character password of their choice and on their preferred email ID and mobile number, the other 6-character password will be sent.
- Log in to Kotak Net Banking with the customer’s password of 6 characters, followed by the password of 6 characters sent from the bank’s end.
Kotak Net Banking Service Requests
- Current & Savings Account: You can place requests for a fresh cheque book, account statement, stop cheque, interest certificate, balance certificate etc.
- Home Banking: With Kotak Mahindra, you can access a variety of home banking facilities such as Cheque Pick Up demand, Cash Pick-up demand, a delivery request for Demand Draft, a delivery request for cash etc. Each of these options can be availed via Kotak Net Banking.
- Term Deposit: With Kotak online banking, the customer can requests to either open or close a term Deposit. Moreover, service options for premature withdrawal, merging Term Deposit with a Savings or Current account can also be managed through the net banking portal.
- Debit Card Requests: Customer can use online banking to place request for a new debit card, debit card loss report, debit card activation, request for the PIN (debit card), de-link bank account from a debit card, swap primary account associated to a debit card, unblock or block a debit card etc.
- Payment Gateway Requests–You can register for payment gateway, client id registration associated with online trading as well as gateway registration for modifying payment.
Requests Related to Demat Account
- Check Demat Account Information – The customer can check demat account activity, inquire related to transaction status, billing details, holding details, securities for a demat account, account statement request, check shareholding details, Client Master information etc.
- You can trade online by opening a trading account with Kotak Securities Ltd.
- Check the details associated with your investment range; it includes account details, percentage gain/loss, IRR, transactions details, current NAV.
- Check purchases as well as convert shares for mutual fund using the online banking service.
- Apply for Standing Instructions linked to auto debit associated with your investment in the designated fund.
- Analyze the status of Sell/Buy requests together with investment advice as well as industry updates regularly.
Kotak Bill Pay
You can now pay bills on an easy basis using Kotak Bill Pay. This service permits the customer to manage their bill payments quite conveniently. Settlement for utility bills such as telephone, electricity etc., along with mobile recharge, insurance premium, magazine subscriptions, as well as online donations online, is possible using Kotak Bill Pay.
With Netc@rd, you can make your online shopping experience blissful. It acts as a prepaid card which is valid on different e-commerce websites.
A customer can receive funds from a non-Kotak account to his/her Kotak bank account using the ECS service offered by the RBI. This service doesn’t involve any charges.
Receive Account Statement
Kotak Net Banking allows you to check and download account statements. It includes Annual Combined statement for the past month or year. You simply have to access the ‘statement’ option available on the online banking portal. One can even make a delivery selection through which he/she can receive their account statement.
Charges and Fees Involved
At present, Kotak Mahindra offers the Net Banking facility absolutely free. But, one needs to take care of the charges that are applicable to services provided under net banking such as fund transfers.
Kotak Net Banking FAQs
Who all are eligible for accessing Net Banking?
At Kotak Mahindra, all customers who manage a current or savings account can register to access Net Banking. They would be offered the facility to view and control their bank account using this online portal.
Does Net Banking offer a secure platform for banking activities?
Kotak Mahindra is equipped with advanced security management that ensures high-end safety for each of your online dealings. Every transaction has to pass a 256-bit SSL coded medium that is considered as the premium level of security designated for online transactions.
How can I regenerate my password for Kotak Net Banking?
A customer can regenerate his/her Net Banking password using the ‘Generate Password’ tab present under Net Banking. Simply access the login page of the net banking portal or you submit a request for password re-generation through the customer contact service available 24×7. The executives at the customer care would assist you systematically with the request. By chance, if your password re-generation facility is blocked, then quickly contact the customer care or visit the closest bank branch.
What exactly is DNC? How to register for this service?
Customers who do not want to receive or contacted by representatives concerning various marketing deeds through multiple channels like email, phones, SMS etc., can conveniently cancel it by applying for the DNC service. Kotak Mahindra has offered the DNC option to its customer who wants to opt out from marketing related deeds presented by the bank. The customers can register/de-register for this service themselves by following the below-mentioned steps:
- The customer can put DNC request via any bank branch through the submission of a letter.
- The customer can contact the 24×7 Customer Care service using email, phone or fax.
- The customer can send DNC request using Net Banking. Simply access your Net Banking account and click on ‘Requests’ tab. You can even send it through the mail by pressing the ‘Mail’ segment.
What do you infer from Interbank Fund Transfer?
With Interbank Fund transfer, the customer can transfer money using his/her account managed with Kotak Mahindra bank to an account managed in any other bank. At present, this facility is accessible only to Indian customers (residents) only.
- The customer has to login via Net Banking customer ID and password. Click on Interbank Fund transfer tab present under the Payments section.
- Later you need to choose the source account and feed the amount that needs to be transferred along with the beneficiary’s details like account number, name, account type, destination bank & branch.