In order to reduce the time required in claim settlement and ease the process of withdrawal from the EPF account, the government has come up with a new initiative. Employees can link their Aadhaar with UAN (Universal Account Number) and get their EPF claims processed in as less as 5 days. Earlier, the procedure usually took months to process and the employee had to get the attestation done from the employer.
After the implementation of new rules, employees can fill the “Composite Claims Form” and do away from the employer’s attestation process. This has largely reduced the time taken to settle PF claims. But the claims would be processed in the given time limit only when the applicant fulfills certain conditions. These conditions are as follows:
- The claim has to be filed online at https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Only those employees who have UAN can apply for PF settlements.
- Employees have to update and get their Aadhaar and bank details approved on the portal to complete the KYC (Know Your Customer) process.
- The current employer has to verify the e-KYC submitted by the employee.
A high Credit Score may help you get a credit card with better benefits. Check Now
Composite Claims Form
The Composite Claim Form (CCF) is linked with Aadhaar and thus can be used to avail benefits of EPF Form 19, Form 10C and Form 31 (PF part-withdrawal). Hence, the employee will have to fill only one form for final PF settlement as well as for partial withdrawal to meet educational, medical, housing and other needs. There will be two benefits of CCF:
- Employer’s attestation will not be mandatory for claim settlement.
- No documentary evidence will have to be sent to the EPFO to claim partial withdrawal.
The following process will have to be followed for claiming the PF settlement:
- Login to the EPFO website’s member area at https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Click on the “KYC” section under the “Manage” option.
- Input your Aadhaar and bank details in the space provided and click the submit button.
- The details will have to be approved by the employer.
- The request for claim can be placed online after two months of changing the job.
- An OTP is sent to the registered mobile number for authentication.
- Once the employee enters the OTP and submits the form, his application is accepted and the process of withdrawal is initiated.
This quick settlement will be a huge relief for thousands of employees, who often struggle for urgent funds to meet situations of the financial crisis, like a medical emergency.