In India, almost all banks have started to offer online banking facility which can be accessed anytime and anywhere with the help of an active internet connection. IDBI or Industrial Development Bank of India is a premier banking institution in the country which has also launched its mobile banking app loaded with a wide set of banking services.
With an aim to enhance the customer’s banking experience, the bank has introduced a convenient Go Mobile app. With the help of this app, the customers can process requests even during the non-banking hours. The prime advantage is for the IDBI Bank account holders who can now save time with the possession of this wonderful facility. Activities such as prepaid mobile recharge, fulfilling credit card bills, etc., can be easily managed through the Go Mobile app.
Services Provided by IDBI Mobile Banking Applications
|Account Balance||Fund transfer to self-accounts||Aadhar Linking Request|
|Account Details||Third party fund transfer||Register Email Account Statements|
|Mini Statement||NEFT, IMPS, UPI, RTGS||Personalized Home Screen|
|Account Statement||Visa Card Payment||Term Deposits|
|Demat holding and transactions||Pay Utility Bills||Standing Instructions|
|Debit Card Controls||Mobile recharge and DTH Recharge||Calculators|
IDBI Bank Mobile Banking Apps
IDBI bank has launched six apps that serve different banking purposes. You can use one or more app as per your convenience. Below is the snapshot of each app.
IDBI Bank Mobile Apps
|Go Mobile+||· The official app from IDBI to access banking services of IDBI Bank|
· View balance, account statements and more
· Transact securely with NEFT, RTGS, IMPS
· Customize the app with your selfy, wallpapers and theme
|mPassbook||· View bank account details from mobile phone|
· View account transactions online and offline
· Expense manager
· Personalize or tag the transactions
· Automatic updates and synchronization of the account
|Abhay||· Control your debit card instantly|
· Switch off/on your debit card temporary
· Block the debit card permanently
· Set transaction limits
· View loyal points earned
· Applicable for all debit cards linked to your account
|BHIM Paywiz||· It is the payment app that works on UPI(Unified Payment Interface) technology|
· You can use it for your IDBI and Non-IDBI bank accounts
· If the customer does not have a bank account with IDBI bank, then also he can use the app
|BHIM Digital POS||· Available to merchants registered with IDBI Bank|
· Collect payment from customers through UPI
· Collect payment through customers AADHAR number and fingerprint authentication
|Bharat QR||· Merchant app to collect payment through Bharat QR code|
· Amount specific dynamic QR code
· Accept payment through BHIM UPI, Visa, MasterCard, and RuPay card
IDBI GoMobile +
IDBI GoMobile+ fulfills your complete banking needs. Once you have created your bank account and submitted your KYC, there is no need to visit the bank for routine transactions. You can perform majority bank transactions through GoMobile+ instantly. Below are the notable features of IDBI GoMobile+:
|View||· View Account Balance|
· View Recent transactions
· View Account Statement
· Download or Email of Account Statement
|Access||· Savings Account|
· Current Account
· Loan Account
· Access multiple accounts to view balances on a single screen
|IMPS Payment||· Instant payment mode|
· Pay by Mobile number and MMID
· Pay by IFSC Code
|Debit Card||· Set Limit of the debit card for cash withdrawal, retail shopping, and e-commerce|
· Block or Unblock debit card
· Hotlisting of a debit card
· Manage international usage of debit card
|Request||· View and generate MMID|
· Cheque book request
· Stop Cheque payment
· Cheque status
· Aadhar linking
|More services||· Demat services|
· Bill Payment
· Change Theme
· Customer Care contact
BHIM PayWiz – Payment App from IDBI Banks
BHIM PayWiz is UPI(Unified Payment Interface) based payment app from IDBI Bank. The UPI technology enables you to transfer money instantly without revealing your bank number. Moreover, you will not need bank number of the beneficiary if VPA(Virtual Private network) is available.
BHIM PayWiz Mobile App
|UPI(Unified Payment Interface)||· Fund Transfer without delay|
· Simple and quick payee registration
· Works on Pay and Collect Request
|VPA(Virtual Payment Address)||· Generate VPA(Virtual Private Address)|
· Link your bank accounts
· Other bank accounts are allowed to add
· Transact securely
|Available services||· Make payment|
· Request payment
· Authorize request
· Transaction history
· Update profile
· Provides security with convenience
· Generate or change UPI PIN
How to Avail IDBI Bank’s Go Mobile+
For Android phone users, you can get the app from Play Store. For Apple phone users, you can avail it from App Store. The installation process is similar to any other app.
Register your bank account for mobile banking channel. You can do so by submitting the channel registration form at IDBI branch or IDBI ATM or through internet banking channel
- Activation of Go Mobile+ is a one-time
- You can activate the app instantly through internet banking credentials.
- Alternatively, you can use your debit card to authenticate yourself.
- Set your personalized MPIN and start using the app.
Special features of IDBI Bank GoMobile+ App
- Apply for a new savings account
- Apply for Home Loan
- Apply Other products
- Avail the latest information about new product launched by IDBI Bank
- Know the latest interest rate for deposits, saving bank account and loan products
- Fixed Deposit Calculator
- Loan EMI Calculator
- Calculate the return of your investment
- Customer care phone number for any query or update about your bank account.
- Locate the nearest IDBI Bank branch or ATM.
Special Features of IDBI GoMobile+ for Personalization
- Virtual card deck that you can expand to view the balance in a particular bank account.
- Personalize your home screen with the photo of your choice
- The range of themes to select from the app
- You can bring your frequently used options on the main screen and push the balance options on the other screen.
- Favourite Menu tray at the bottom for quick access to favourite
Advantages of using IDBI GoMobile+ App
The GoMobile+ App is your bank in the mobile. You can access the banking services anytime, anywhere. All you need is a smartphone with a good internet connection. The usage of fund transfer and utility bill payment can save you substantial time and effort. Instead of visiting the bank, you can utilize your quality time with your friends, family or business. Moreover, OTP(One Time Password) based transactions from the app make the services secure to use.
Advantages of BHIM PayWiz from IDBI Bank
BHIM PayWiz works on latest technology called UPI(Unified Payment Interface). It transfers your money instantly. It masks your bank account, so it provides the highest level of security for online financial transactions. Virtual Payment Address(VPA) minimize your efforts to transfer the funds. You don’t have to enter the long account number and IFSC code every time you perform the transactions. It can be easily remembered just like your email address.
Moreover, BHIM PayWiz from IDBI Bank allows you to link your other bank accounts in a single app. The only condition to link the accounts is a common mobile number. In one screen, you can view all bank accounts simultaneously and perform transactions through any account of your choice. It adds further flexibility in your banking needs when multiple banks are involved in financial transactions.
IDBI Mobile Banking Aspects
Mobile banking with IDBI includes a variety of features which makes it an appropriate service in this modern-day setup. Below mentioned are some of the useful facets of IDBI mobile banking that should always be remembered by the existing as well as new customers:
SMS Banking: At IDBI, the availability of SMS banking is quite simple. The customer only has to type the request code and send it to 9821043718 or 9820346920 for acquiring account-related data. Furthermore, customers can even inquire about their fixed deposits, balance, last three transactions, pending bills and even cheque payment status.
EBPP: IDBI Bank offers Electronic Bill Presentation and Payment option to permit existing customers to settle their utility bills online with the help of the bank’s internet banking facility. With access to this feature, customers can make their payment within the specified deadline date.
IDBI Bank Demat: The Go Mobile app can be used to check a customer’s demat account. Moreover, all the necessary details linked to your demat account can be received using mobile banking.
Some other striking features associated with IDBI Bank Mobile Banking covers:
- NEFT transfers/Immediate Payment Services / RTGS transfers
- DTH and Mobile recharge services
- Avail bill payment services
IDBI Mobile Banking: Fund Transfer Option
IDBI Bank primarily offers three options for carrying out active fund transfers. These are IMPS, NEFT and RTGS, which hold different arrangements but are accessed over a common internet platform. Let us learn about them in-depth so as to understand their advantages:
NEFT: NEFT or National Electronic Funds Transfer is renowned as one of the most simplistic fund transfer methods in India. This is basically an electronic fund transfer scheme which permits a customer to move money on a one-to-one basis. Unlike RTGS transfers, NEFT transactions are cleared under specified batches. Using NEFT, you can transfer funds from a particular bank branch with any other individual or firm associated with any different bank branch situation within the country.
IMPS- In case the customer wishes to access an immediate fund transfer, then the most suitable source is IMPS. Immediate Payment Service is renowned as an electronic fund transfer service which proceeds instantly through mobile phones. There is no waiting period with IMPS, and the funds get transferred straightaway. With the Go Mobile app, you can avail the IMPS option to quickly transfer funds.
RTGS: IDBI mobile banking facility offers Real-Time Gross Settlement to swiftly move funds from one bank to another controlled bank on a real-time basis. RTGS doesn’t involve any waiting period for receiving a clearance. One can seek the help of RTGS in case of emergency situations or to manage high-value transactions which require instantaneous clearing. RTGS service is controlled by the Central Bank of India and is famous as a secure method to relocate funds within India.
IDBI Bank Mobile Banking Benefits
If you are using IDBI Bank mobile banking, then there are several added benefits which are offered to you. Apart from saving time, other advantages of this mobile banking service are mentioned below:
- Customers are kept updated regarding the status of their IDBI account on a frequent basis.
- Since customers are well informed about various transactions made from their account, the presence of mobile banking aids in shielding against fraud. You would surely be warned by the bank in case of any unauthorized transactions.
- With IDBI Bank mobile banking app, you can access a unique feature which permits to pay bills online from the same portal.
- Customers can transfer funds to a different account using mobile banking app.
- This service is economical and interestingly is free of cost.
- Exception security measures.
- IDBI Bank mobile banking functions on 128-bit SSL using a VeriSign portal highlighting high-end security.
- This service operates on intrusion detections system that ensures supreme security associated with transactions.
- Customers are sent an OTP (One-Time Password) that requires approval for completing each transaction.
IDBI Mobile Banking: Tips & Restrictions
With the use of IDBI Mobile Banking, there are certain useful guidelines which should be followed for a hassle-free experience. Here are certain tips as well as restrictions that need to be understood and followed by every customer linked to IDBI bank.
- Do not forget to check the official IDBI URL before accessing the IDBI’s mobile banking service.
- Make sure to logout from your mobile banking portal by pressing on the “Logout” button.
- Also, disable the password save popups from your mobile browser.
- Try to always clear the browser data as well as cache.
- Changing password on a frequent basis is considered as a good security measure.
- Never write your password or mention it anywhere on your phone.
- Further, do not share your IDBI mobile banking password with friends, family or anyone else.
- Never click to open any third-party websites, SMS or emails, while you are operating mobile banking on your smartphone.
- Entering your login credentials on a third-party website should be avoided.
- Prevent connecting your mobile to an unidentified Wi-Fi connection when the mobile banking app is active.
IDBI Mobile Banking FAQs
Is there any need to enter a Transaction Password?
No, the transaction password is now swapped by an SMS format, called as OTP or One Time Password.
Am I allowed to use my Internet Banking password even on the IDBI Mobile Banking channel?
No, for mobile banking, a new password would be issued to the customer. Although, there are no system based limitations in maintaining the same password for both channels, it is strictly recommended to create different passwords for each of these platforms.
Should Biller Beneficiaries included on the I-Net Banking Channel also be added on the Mobile Banking platform?
All the biller registrations or beneficiaries whom you have added on your I-Net banking channel can also be seen on the mobile banking platform and vice versa.
What is the daily transaction mark under mobile banking?
Under IDBI mobile banking service, the daily transaction limit is set at Rs. 50,000/-. This limit is applicable for all types of transactions available under the browser channel. However, to transfer funds to own accounts, the daily limit is Rs 5 lakhs.
How does the SMS-based OTP system functions?
It is mandatory for every customer to generate a five digit OTP in order to carry out any Fund Transfer activity. The need for OTP is also required while registering for fresh funds transfer beneficiary. The OTP is valid for a set duration of 30 minutes and that too for a single transaction or single beneficiary registration.