HSBC credit card holders have multiple options to make their credit card payments on time. Both online and offline payment options are available to make HSBC Credit Card Payment. However, the most popular is HSBC Credit Card Payment NEFT method which is chosen by customers and gives the option of transferring funds on the go.
HSBC Credit Card Payment through NEFT
You can pay all your outstanding credit card bills using NEFT by adding your HSBC Credit Card as a beneficiary on your internet banking or mobile banking account. You will have to follow a few simple steps to complete these transactions and ensure that the funds are transferred:
- Log on to your online banking account by providing your username and password.
- Under the “Fund Transfer” option, choose NEFT.
- Click on Add / Manage beneficiary to add your HSBC credit card details.
- Your 16 digit credit card number is entered under the beneficiary account number section.
- The IFSC Code to be provided is HSBC0400002.
- Once you have provided all the necessary details, click on the “Confirm” button.
- After the details have been submitted, your beneficiary will be added within 30 minutes.
- Once your credit card has been added as a beneficiary, you can choose NEFT transfer and provide the amount that you need to transfer.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and complete your transaction.
- Once the transaction is complete, you will receive an alert via SMS.
How is NEFT Beneficial?
With NEFT Transfers, you have several benefits that make it one of the most convenient payment options for your credit card bill payments.
- Mobile and internet banking makes NEFT accessible at anytime, anywhere.
- Every NEFT transaction is monitored by the Reserve Bank of India, making this a reliable and secure method for making transfers.
- NEFT transactions do not have any minimum or maximum limit on the amount that you can transfer each day.
- The charges for NEFT transfers are extremely nominal.
- NEFT is a facility that is available nationwide. You can access this from almost all the banks operating in the country.
Who can use NEFT?
NEFT transactions can be made by any account holder in a bank that is NEFT-enabled. All you need to do is activate your mobile and internet banking facility. Once you have received your username and password, you can make online transactions easily, including HSBC credit card payments.
What are the NEFT Charges?
As mentioned above, NEFT charges are applicable to each transaction that you make. These charges are quite nominal. If you are making any inward transactions to make your HSBC card payments, then these charges are not applicable.
The regular NEFT charges are:
|Transaction Amount||NEFT Charges|
|Amount up to Rs 10000||Rs.2.50 + GST|
|Amount above Rs.10000 and up to Rs.1 lakh||Rs.5 + GST|
|Amount above Rs.1 lakh up to Rs. 2 lakh||Rs.15 + GST|
|Amount above Rs.2 lakh up to Rs. 5 lakh||Rs.25 + GST|
When can NEFT payments be made?
There are fixed timings each day to make your NEFT payments. These timings are standardized by the Reserve Bank of India and are followed by all NEFT-enabled banks. There may be a slight variation from one bank to the other.
However, the general timings for NEFT transfers are:
- Monday to Saturday – 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
You cannot make NEFT transfers on 2nd and 4th Saturdays. NEFT holidays also include Sundays and all regular public holidays. In case you make transfers on these days, the money may be debited from your account. However, the funds are credited to the account of the beneficiary only on the next working day.