Opening an account at Citibank is easy and one can open an account online or can walk up to a branch and open an account. KYC documents are needed to submit while you go to a branch in person and to open an account online, you can simply upload the required documents. Once opened you will be given a Citibank account number.
A Citibank Savings account provides a range of benefits and rewards like Net banking, bill payments, trading and portfolio management, competitive interest rates, discount on air miles and fuels and so on.
Get Your Free Credit Report with Monthly Updates Check Now
Citibank Account Number
- For different banks in India, the number of digits in the account number varies. For Citibank, the account number is a 10 digit number
- You will get a debit card linked with the Citibank Savings Account. All transactions made through this card as well as all the net banking or balance transfer will be routed through this account and will reflect in the account statement of the same Citibank account number.
How to Find Citibank Account Number
- The account number is mentioned in the chequebook. Towards the bottom, there will be numbers mentioned. The first set of digits is the ‘check’ number followed by a few spaces and the next set of digits, which is the sorting code or IBAN of the bank. This will be followed by few spaces and then the last set of 10 digits is the account number
- On the backside of the Debit card, the account number is mentioned. First 10 digits indicate the account number. However, all the debit cards might not show the account number printed on it. It might be encrypted in the magnetic strip
Get Free Credit Report with Complete Analysis of Credit Score Get Report
Types of Citibank Savings Accounts
Citibank, being a global bank, offers different types of savings accounts for Indian citizens that are useful for specific purposes. These include:
- Citibank Savings Account – A complimentary Debit card comes with this savings account. Zero account fees, SMS, e-mail, Net-banking and e-statement facilities make it more attractive. It offers attractive interest rates and reward points get accumulated with which you can avail discount and vouchers.
- Citibank Suvidha Salary Account – It is a zero balance salary account with a debit card which is accepted all over the world and have high daily spending limit up to Rs 50,000. SMS facility with real-time account information, overdraft facility and free NEFT and RTGS transfers are some of the major features.
- Citibank Savings Account for Expatriates – Complimentary Platinum Debit Card with a daily limit of 1 lakh rupees, transactional benefits with no charges, free withdrawals at any ATM in India or Overseas, SMS, net banking, mobile banking and several reward facilities.
- Citigold – Citigold Savings account holders get financial planning and wealth management advice from the financial experts of the bank. They receive complimentary World Debit Master Card that comes with several benefits and rewards.