Canara Bank provides a wide range of services for its savings account customers. Customers can benefit from services like online fund transfer, Canara Bank account balance check, view account statements, etc. through this facility. Let us know more about Canara Bank netbanking in detail.
Canara Bank Netbanking Services
Canara Bank has introduced netbanking service to provide a convenient and easily accessible platform for its users. However, to access this service, a Canara Bank savings account holder must be registered for online banking at the bank. Also, he/she is required to login to the net-banking portal using the customer ID and password. Below-mentioned are the services that can be availed through Canara Bank netbanking
|Services available using Canara Bank Net Banking|
|Online Account Opening||View transaction history||Cheque book issuance|
|Canara Bank Account Balance Check||Open a fixed deposit account||Apply for government schemes|
|Online Bill payments||Self-funds transfer||Third-party fund transfer|
|Online Tax payments||Stop payments||Repayment of loans|
|Sukanya Samriddhi payment||TDS enquiry||Initiated, Modified, Deleted or view instructions|
|Cheque book status enquiry||Forex Rate enquiry||Calculation of loan and term deposit|
|Access Public Financial Management System (PFMS)||Contact relationship manager||Grievance redressal and service request|
|Hotlisting of Debit/Credit Cards||Aadhaar Seeding/Authentication||Online PPF Account opening and remittance|
|Online trading||Sovereign Gold Bond online subscription||Retail/MSME/Agri Loans|
|Linking of Aadhaar card number and status verification||Pay NPS contributions online||Update KYC for your account|
|Link your accounts||Start investments||Buy general insurance|
|View Tax Credit Statement||View E-Tax Challans||View Form 15G/H|
|Manage credit cards||Manage loan accounts||Open NRI accounts|
|NPI special service requests||View mini statement||Manage Demat accounts|
Get Free Credit Report with monthly updates. Check Now
What are the Requirements for Canara Bank Netbanking
To register for the net banking services offered by Canara Bank, the customer must have the following:
- 13-digit account number
- Canara Bank Debit/ATM Card
- A valid phone number that is registered with the bank account
- Customer ID
- E-mail ID that is registered with the bank account
How to Register for Canara Bank Netbanking
To avail Canara Bank net banking facility, account holders are required to do Canara net banking registration. One can register for the same online as well as offline:
Canara Bank Net-banking Registration Online
- Open Canara Bank’s official website and select ‘New Registration’
- This will lead to the ‘Terms and Conditions’ page. Go through the contents of the page and select ‘I Agree’ option to move on to the next page
- Enter all the details required in the registration page correctly before submitting
- Customers will receive an OTP from the bank. After entering the valid OTP in the authentication page, click ‘Submit’
- Then, the login password has to be created according to the parameters set by the bank. Once the password is created, click ‘Submit’. This completes the activation process
Canara Bank may also provide net banking registration through ATM and welcome kit. For any further assistance regarding Canara Bank Net banking registration or for any queries contact Canara Bank Netbanking Customer Care
Steps for Canara Bank Netbanking Login
When savings account holders activate their netbanking account, they can login to the portal to avail banking services online. Below are Canara Bank netbanking login steps:
- Visit the Canara Bank netbanking home page
- Enter the User ID & password
- Select the language and click on ‘Sign In’ option
Once the net banking is activated, user can login to perform various activities including fund transfer, balance check, account statement and more. The user needs to just follow the above mentioned steps for successful login.
How to Reset Canara Bank Netbanking Password
Reset Canara Bank Netbanking Password by Visiting the Bank Branch
In case of a forgotten login password of the net banking account:
- Visit the nearest branch
- Collect the form for the internet/mobile banking services
- Fill out all the required details correctly before submitting the form
- After receiving and verifying the form, a new password will be generated and sent to the address registered with the account
Reset Canara Bank Netbanking Password Online
Follow the below mentioned steps to reset the password online which in return save a lot of time and effort.
Step 1- Go to Canara Bank net banking home page and click on “Forgot” option.
Step 2- User will get redirected to the password reset page wherein following details have to be entered
- User ID
- Date of Birth
- PAN Number
- Account number
Step 3- Enter the new password and then re-enter the same to confirm and click on ‘’submit’’ button. A confirmation message will appear on the screen, confirm the details previously filled and click on ‘’Submit’’ option.
Step 4- Enter the OTP sent on the registered mobile number and click on ‘’Submit’’.
Step 5- A confirmation message will appear on the screen.
After successful password reset, the users can avail other Canara Bank netbanking services for savings account including a balance enquiry, account statement, online fund transfer and more.
Checking Credit Report monthly has no impact on Credit Score
How to Transfer Funds using Canara Bank Netbanking
Canara Bank net-banking has made the transfer of funds very easy. This service is only available for those who have enabled net-banking for their respective accounts, be it savings, current, or salary account. Follow the instructions to transfer funds online:
- Login to netbanking.canarabank.in
- Enter your User ID and Password to sign-in
- Now, click on ‘Payments’ option in the menu bar
- From the left sidebar, choose ‘Transfers’
- After that, select ‘Beneficiary Maintenance’. On the next screen, select transaction type from the options- NEFT/IMPS, RTGS within Canara Bank
- Next, click on ‘Create a beneficiary template’
- On the next screen, you can add the beneficiary
- After that, click on the ‘Transfers’ option and select transfer type- Multiple Internal Transfers, Own Account Transfer, Within Canara Bank, NEFT and RTGS or IMPS (for instant fund transfer)
- Enter all the required details and click on
- Save as Draft- to transfer later
- Save as Template- for future transfers
- Initiate- for instant transfer
- Save and Submit- for instant and future transfer
- After submitting the form, you will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and ‘Confirm’. Transfer completed successfully.
How to Open Canara Bank Savings Account Online
- Log into the bank’s “online savings account opening portal”
- Fill out the Canara Bank Savings Account opening form available there correctly
- After the duly filled in form is submitted, the bank processes the request of opening a new savings account
- Users can check the status of their savings account opening application form through this portal
- Also, if the form could not be completely filled the first time, the portal enables the users to continue filling the form from where they left off
To know more about Canara Bank Savings Account, click on the button provided below:
Is Canara Bank Netbanking secure
Canara Bank provides its customers with security in net banking. These are the measures taken by the bank to keep the net banking accounts secure:
The messages and data flow in a 128bit SSL mode encryption technique given by IDBRT (Institution for Development and Research in Banking Technology).
- Password changing options
Users are given the choice to change the password as many times as needed. The password can be changed in case of any suspicion of the password being compromised.
- Confidentiality of data
All the information and data is kept extremely private. It is not revealed to anyone unless a legal notice authorizes it.
- Confidentiality of password
Only the users are aware of their passwords. These passwords are generated randomly by computers and not even the bank employs are aware of them.
- Limited login attempts
With regard to the customer’s security, the bank does not allow more than 3 attempts for the user to login. This helps to prevent forced unauthorized access. After 3 failed attempts, the user ID will be locked automatically. User will have to contact the bank to get it unlocked.
- Password validity
Validity of passwords lasts for 90 days. System will begin to remind the users to change the passwords 10 days before they expire.
- Password expiry limit
If the users don’t log in within 90 days of password generation, the passwords will expire. Request for new passwords will have to be made after that.
A high Credit Score may help you get a credit card with better benefits.
What are the Features of Canara Bank Netbanking
Below are some of the key features of Canara Bank netbanking:
- Active Accounts Information – One can view his/her account summary that highlights details related to active accounts, term deposits, loan accounts, etc.
- Account Actions – Customers can view all the transactions that have been processed from a selected account. Moreover, the statement can be quickly downloaded and printed, if required
- Details of Loan Account – With Canara Bank netbanking customer is permitted to check the master details linked to his/her loan accounts managed with the bank
- Repayment of the Loan – The customer can make the loan repayments in a trouble-free zone via Canara Bank netbanking which helps to save a lot of time and effort
- Transfer Funds to Own Account – Customers can transfer money to his/her savings account with Canara Bank from some other account managed by the same customer with another bank
- Third Party Fund Transfers – Send funds to another Canara Bank account, as well as another bank account associated with some other bank
- Inquiry About Forex Rates – Using this service feature, the customer can easily search for speculative rates of several different foreign currencies
Hotlisting Debit/Credit Card
Hotlisting means that your debit or credit card will no longer work. It is also known as Card Blocking in which any attempted authorizations get declined. You can hotlist your debit or credit card if it is lost, stolen or fraudulently used.
To block your debit/card online, you can
- Visit Canara Bank official website
- Log-in to Net-banking using your User ID and Password
- From the main menu, click on the ‘Request’ option
- Click on ‘Debit Card/Credit Card Hotlisting’
- Now, on the next screen, select your card and click on ‘Hotlist’
- After that, click on ‘Confirm’
- Enter the transaction password and click on ‘submit’
- Your card will be blocked
To hotlist your debit/credit card without the internet, you can
- Send CAN<space>HOTLISTCC<space>Card Number<space>Date of Birth (yyyy/mm/dd) to 9266623333 from your registered mobile number for credit card blocking
- Send CAN<space>HOTLISTDC<space>Card Number to 5607060 from your registered mobile number for debit card blocking
- Dial 1800-425-0018 (toll-free)
Canara Bank Online Special Requests
Canara Bank account holders can log-in to Canara Bank net-banking website and fill the ‘Request A Service’ form to avail some special services. Customers can apply for loans, open deposits, apply for cards, insurance, etc. using this special feature. Here is how you can request a service:
- Go to Canara Bank official website
- Click on ‘Online Service Request’
- On the next screen, you will see a form in which you have to enter your account no., customer type, name, address, mobile number, email address, etc. Fill all the details properly
- Click on ‘Submit’
Get Free Credit Report with monthly updates. Check Now
Canara Bank Netbanking Customer Care
For any queries regarding Canara Bank netbanking, account holders can contact Canara Bank customer care number mentioned below:
1800 425 0018
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How can I use Canara Bank net-banking?
To use Canara Bank net-banking, you will need to register for the service and activate internet banking. For that, you can
- Go to Canara Bank’s official net-banking website
- Click on ‘new registration’
- On the redirected page, enter all the details and click on ‘I agree’ to continue
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and click ‘submit’
- After that, you can create your password for net-banking and log-in to use the services
Q. What is the user ID for Canara Bank net-banking?
User ID refers to the unique identity of the user which is obtained from the bank to log-in into the net-banking system. Customer/User ID is available in the Bank Passbook / Statement. If you are unable to find the same, please contact the branch.
Q. Why is my Canara Bank net-banking locked?
Your net-banking is locked because you might have entered the password wrong 3-times. In this case, you can go to Canara Bank’s official website and select the ‘Unlock User ID’ option. After that, you can unlock your net-banking by providing required details like User ID and Date of Birth/PAN/Aadhaar No. It is also possible that your bank branch has not activated your account yet. In that case, you will have to visit the branch office to know the status of your net-banking application.
Q. How to add beneficiaries for fund transfer using Canara Bank net-banking?
Adding receiver/beneficiary is important to process the transfer of funds. To add a beneficiary, you will need to log-in to your net-banking system and then go to the ‘Payments’ section. Click on ‘Beneficiary Maintenance’ and then select ‘Transfer’. After that, select ‘Create Beneficiary Template’, enter all the required details and save.
Q. Are there any net-banking charges applied by Canara Bank?
No, there are no extra charges levied on net-banking services.
Q. Can I use two Canara Bank accounts under one user ID?
Yes, all the accounts held in various Canara Bank branches can be accessed under the same User ID. However, this can only be done if all the accounts are registered with the same customer mobile number.
Q. How to check a Canara Bank account statement using net-banking?
Account statements for the transactions made within the last 6 months can be viewed and downloaded from the ‘Account Activity’ option. To download the statements for older transactions, go to the ‘Services’ menu and click on ‘Historical Account Statement’.
Q. Can NRIs access the net banking services?
A. Yes, Canara Bank offers net banking services to NRI account holders from all parts of the World.
Q. Is it necessary to remember the security question set up?
A. Yes, it would be advisable to remember the security questions and their correct answers. It will help to access the net banking account in case the password is forgotten.