Net banking is the revolutionary step for the banking industry. Any tasks like passbook printing, cash withdrawal, Demand draft preparation, cheque-book applications, etc. can be performed easily through SBI net banking. Nowadays, net banking is secured with your debit card credentials and OTP (One Time Password) to protect the account holder’s money. In this article, we will find out how to activate net banking in SBI to perform a number of tasks online.
Save more on Fuel with SBI BPCL Credit Card; Apply Now and Get Your Card in Just 7 Days*
How to Activate Net Banking in SBI
Once you have opened a bank account with SBI, you can proceed for self-registration of net banking facility in case of single account holders with SBI ATM card. For joint account holders, contact your bank to complete the formalities.
Get Your Free Credit Report with Monthly Updates Check Now
1. Go to the homepage of SBI net banking, onlinesbi.com
2. Click on “New User Registration/Activation” link.
3. Enter Account Number, CIF number, branch code, country, registered mobile number, the facility required and click on the “Submit” button.
4. Enter OTP (One Time Password) received on your registered mobile number.
5. Select ATM card to proceed for activation of the services. If you don’t have an ATM card, your branch will complete the registration process for you.
6. Note the temporary username and create login password (The password should be eight characters long, a combination of upper and lower case letters, at least one number and one special character) and re-enter the password and click submit to complete the registration process.
7. Login with a temporary username and newly created password.
8. Create a username of your choice that will be your permanent username.
9. Accept terms and conditions and set the login password and profile password and select hint questions and create answers for hint questions.
10. Enter the date of birth, place of birth and registered mobile number.
11. Click on “Account Summary” link to view all account mapped with your account.
12. If you are registered with “View Only Rights”, contact your branch to activate your “transaction rights” with a printout of your online registration process.
Checking Credit Report monthly has no impact on Credit Score Get Report
Dos and Don’ts while Activating Net Banking in SBI
- Keep your ATM card with you while you register for net banking.
- Enter the same mobile number in the registration form that you have previously mentioned in the account opening form.
- Keep your passbook and cheque-book with you. You will get most information like account number, CIF number and branch details from Passbook.
- Never share your account details with anyone.
- Never share OTP (One Time Password) with anyone. You may lose your money from the account if you share OTP with unknown people.
- Select your password and hint answer that is easy to remember for you, but to guess for anyone else.
- In case of any doubt, directly approach SBI’s branch when you have opened the account.
- Never reply to anyone about bank details or net banking user id, password or OTP over phone or email.
State Bank of India (SBI) is the largest bank in the country. It provides banking services to households, small merchants, and large corporates and government institutions. SBI provides net banking facility to its customers with different rights and limits of transactions. You can avail the net banking facility of SBI if you are savings or current account holder of SBI. You can submit the application form to register yourself for net banking. Make sure you have registered your mobile number with the bank. You will receive a “high-security password” in your mobile every time you perform sensitive financial transactions.
Get a Low Annual Fee Credit Card in Just 7 Days*
SBI Netbanking FAQs
Q. How can I register for SBI online banking?
To register for SBI online banking, you can either go to your home branch and fill the Net-banking application form. After submitting your form along with the required documents, you will be provided with a net-banking kit which consists of your User ID and Password for login. You can also register online for SBI net-banking-
- Go to SBI official net-banking website
- Click on ‘New User Registration/Activation’
- Enter all the required details
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number
- Submit and Activate
Q. Can I change my user name and password issued by the bank?
Yes, it is compulsory to change your username and password after you have logged-in to SBI net-banking for the first time. And later at any point of time, you can change your password but not the username.
Q. What to do if I forget my user name?
If you forget your SBI Internet Banking user name, contact your branch and re-register yourself.
Q. What is the toll-free number for SBI online banking?
For any queries or complaints related to SBI online banking, please call on the toll-free number 1800-112-211
Q. How much time will it take to activate SBI net banking?
If you are single account holder having your ATM card and registered mobile number, registration and activation are almost instant when you follow the above process. In case of joint account holders, you have to approach the branch to create credentials for you.
Q. Is SBI net banking safe?
The bank uses the most advanced technology to secure your information and money. From customer part, basic precautions like secrecy of user id, password, OTP and other details will ensure the security of your account.
Q. After registration and activation, I forgot my password of SBI net banking. What to do?
If you have an ATM card, you can reset the password online. You may be asked a hint question. Answer it correctly and enter OTP (One Time Password) received in your registered mobile number. You will be able to reset your password instantly. In case you forgot some details asked, you can approach the bank to reset the password.