Link Aadhaar Card to Voter ID EPIC Online via National Voter’s Service Portal (NVSP)
The Government of India maintains a portal for linking Aadhaar number to Voter ID cards. Portal seeding or self-seeding can be carried out at the NVSP portal or Voters’ Service Portal. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to link Voter ID with Aadhar:
Step 1: Login to your NVSP account or Voters’ Service Portal account using your username and password or register in case you are a first-time visitor.
Step 2: Once you login, click on “Forms”.
Step 3: Enter details such as your name, the name of your Assembly/Parliamentary Constituency, EPIC number, mobile number/email id, etc.
Step 4: Provide your Aadhaar number to receive an OTP on your mobile number registered with UIDAI and use the same for Aadhaar authentication. In case you don’t have an Aadhaar number, you can submit form-6B along with required enclosures/acceptable documents online without self-authentication.
Step 5: An acknowledgement number will be provided that can be used for checking the status of Aadhaar-Voter ID linking.
Note: To link your Aadhaar card with Voter Id online using your Aadhaar number, your mobile number must be linked to your Aadhaar.
Voters must have the following information to complete the Voter ID Aadhaar link online procedure on NVSP:
- Voter ID card or EPIC number
- Aadhaar Card number and Aadhaar registered mobile number
- Copy of any of the following documents acceptable by NVSP:
-MNREGA Job Card
-Passbooks with photograph issued by Post Office/Bank
-Health Insurance Smart Card issued under the scheme of Ministry of Labour
-Smart Card issued by RGI under NPR
-Pension document with photograph
-Service Identity card with photograph issued to employees by Central/State government/PSUs/Public Limited Companies
-Unique Identity ID (UDID) Card, issued by M/o Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India
-Official Identity Card issued to MPs/MLAs/MLCs
Link Aadhaar Card to Voter ID EPIC through SMS
Here is another method on how to link Aadhaar to Voter ID card:
- Sending an SMS from your registered mobile number
- The SMS has to be sent to 166 or 51969
- The format of the message should be ECILINK<SPACE><EPIC No.>< SPACE><Aadhaar No.>
Link Aadhaar Card to Voter ID EPIC via Mobile App
To link Aadhaar with Voter ID card, the EPIC cardholder has to first install the Voter Helpline app from either Google Play Store or App Store and follow the steps given below:
- Click on “I agree” and then click on “Next”.
- Click on “Voter Registration”, choose “Electoral Authentication Form (Form 6B)”and then click on “Let’s Start”.
- Now, enter your mobile number and click on “Send OTP”.
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile number and then click on “Verify”.
- Choose the first option “Yes I have voter ID”and then click on “Next”.
- Now fill in the “Voter ID (EPIC)”number, select the “State” and then click on “Fetch details” and “Proceed”.
- Enter details shown on the screen and then click on “Next”.
- Now, enter your Aadhaar Number, mobile number, Place of Application and then click on “Done” to see the Form 6B Preview page.
- Verify the details and click on “Confirm”for the final submission of Form-6B. You will then receive Form 6B’s reference number upon final confirmation.
Link Aadhaar Card to Voter ID EPIC through Phone
The government of India has established many call centres in different states of the country. Voters need to make a phone call to 1950 and provide their Voter ID details along with Aadhaar Number to link the Voter ID to Aadhaar.
- There are numerous Booth Level Officers (BLOs) in every state who collect all the information and link Aadhaar cards with Voter IDs.
- You can hand over self-attested copies of Aadhaar and Voter ID to your BLO
- You will be intimated by your BLO on successful Aadhaar Voter ID linking
- Various camps are also organised from time to time to provide this facility to the citizens in their locality.
What are the Benefits of Voter ID
There are various benefits of Voter ID as mentioned below:
- It acts as a document and proof of identity
- It acts as an acknowledgement that you are a registered voter
- It is proof that you are a citizen of India
- It helps to eliminate fraudulent voting
- In case of no fixed residence, it also functions as a proof of address
Latest News on Aadhaar-Voter ID Card Seeding
Aadhaar Voter ID Linking in Kerala
5-09-2022– Even though the Election Commission of India’s (ECI) has termed Voter ID-Aadhaar card linking as voluntary, officials in Kerala are deploying all means to ensure complete public participation. In several districts such as Ernakulam, the Aadhaar-Voter ID linking is in full swing and several measures are being adopted to monitor the progress and explore ways to reach more people. In an effort towards the same, Sanjay Kaul, Chief Electoral Officer (Kerala), has also directed several Booth-level officers (BLOs) to visit voters at their doorstep and help them link their Aadhaar with Voter id card.
Aadhaar Card Voter ID linking in Tamil Nadu
5-09-2022– Special camps have been and will be set up in several districts of Tamil Nadu including Coimbatore and Chennai where voters can submit their Aadhaar number and Form 6B to link their Voter ID with Aadhaar. The move has been brought in place to increase people’s participation and link a greater number of Voter IDs with Aadhaar data.
FAQs on Linking Aadhaar with Voter ID
Q. What is EPIC number on Voter ID?
Ans. Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC) Number is your Voter ID card number.
Q. Is it compulsory to link Voter ID card with Aadhar card?
Ans. As of now, the Government of India has not made it mandatory to link Voter ID card with Aadhaar Card.
Q. How do I know that my Aadhaar card and voter ID are valid?
Ans. To know if your Aadhaar Card and Voter ID are valid, you can check the Aadhaar Number on UIDAI official website and the Voter ID on the National Voter’s Service Portal or the Election Commission of India (ECI) website.
Q. Is there a last date by which I should complete the Aadhaar-Voter ID card linking process?
Ans. No, there is no last date to complete the Voter ID Aadhaar linking process yet.
Q. Do I need to pay any charges to link my Aadhaar card to Voter ID card?
Ans. No, you are not required to pay any charges for Voter card Aadhaar card link.
Q. What is Form-6B?
Ans. Form-6B is for voters to share their Aadhaar number with ECI. It is available online at nvsp.in. or through the voter helpline app.