The Government of India has started a new campaign for linking Aadhaar card with the voter ID cards to track and deactivate fraudulent and bogus voter ID cards. The process of Aadhaar-voter ID card seeding is also referred as EPIC (Electoral Photo Identification Card)-Aadhaar Seeding.
Get Your Free Credit Report with Monthly Updates Check Now
Link Aadhaar Card to Voter ID EPIC Online via National Voter’s Service Portal (NVSP):
The Government of India maintains a portal for linking Aadhaar number to voter ID cards. Given below are the methods that are required to complete the seeding process.
Portal Seeding or Self-Seeding: This process is carried out at the NVSP portal.
Step 1: The process can be done through the online portal set up by different state governments
Step 2: Enter your Voter ID number
Step 3: Enter other demographic details such as your name, date of birth, etc.
Step 4: Enter your Aadhaar number
Step 5: An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
Step 6: Enter this OTP for Aadhaar authentication
Step 7: An acknowledgement number will be provided that can be used for checking the status of Aadhaar-Voter ID linking
Note: You need to make sure that your phone number is registered to Aadhaar Card
Voters must have the following information to complete procedure on NVSP:
- Voter ID card or EPIC number
- Aadhaar Card number and
- Registered mobile number
There are a few other ways to link your Aadhaar number with voter ID card as well.
Link Aadhaar Card to Voter ID EPIC through SMS:
Voters can also link their Aadhaar number to voter ID by:
- Send an SMS from your registered mobile number
- The SMS has to be sent to 166 or 51969
- The format of the message is ECILINK<SPACE><EPIC No.>< SPACE><Aadhaar No.>
Link Aadhaar Card to Voter ID EPIC through Phone:
The government of India has established many call centres in different states in the country. The voters need to make a phone call to 1950 and provide their voter ID details along with Aadhaar Number.
- There are numerous Booth Level Officers (BLOs) in every state who collect all the information and link Aadhaar cards with voter IDs.
- Various camps are also organised from time to time to provide this facility to the citizens in their locality.
- Hand over self-attested copies of Aadhaar and voter ID to your BLO
- You will be intimated by your BLO on successful Aadhaar voter ID linking
What are the Benefits of Voter ID?
There are various benefits of Voter ID as mentioned below:
- It acts as a document and proof of identity
- It acts as an acknowledgement that you are a registered voter
- It is a proof that you are a citizen of India
- It helps to eliminate fraudulent votin
- In case of no fixed residence, it also functions as a proof of address
FAQs on Linking Aadhaar with Voter ID
Q. How can I check my Aadhaar card with voter ID?
Ans. You can check your Aadhaar Card with Voter ID by visiting the Permanent Enrolment Centre.
Q.What is EPIC number on Voter ID?
Ans. Electoral Photo Identity Cards (EPIC) Number which is the number of your voter card number.
Q. Is it compulsory to link voter card with Aadhar card?
Ans. As of now, the Government of India has not made it compulsory for linking voter card with Aadhaar Card.
Q. How do I know that my Aadhaar card and voter ID are valid?
Ans. To know if your Aadhaar Card and Voter ID are valid by checking the Aadhaar Number on UIDAI official website and same with the Voter ID.