In order to provide value added services to its customers, Punjab National Bank (PNB) offers a range of debit cards which are designed to serve their needs. These debit cards are tailor-made to provide the convenience of cashless transactions and assists to access funds in the account. In addition to cash withdrawal from PNB ATMs or other bank ATMs, PNB Debit Cards can also be used to make purchases at Point of Sale i.e. at merchant outlets.
Types of PNB Debit Cards
|Types of PNB Debit Cards||Primary Features|
|PNB Classic Debit Card|
|PNB Platinum Debit Card|
|PNB Business Debit Card|
|PNB International Debit Card|
PNB Classic Debit Card
Following are the features & benefits of PNB Classic Debit Card:
Following people are eligible for PNB Classic Debit Card –
- All the KYC complaint saving and current account holders, maintaining a minimum balance and regularly operating their account are eligible
- New customers opening their account in PNB Bank are also eligible
- Individual customers having an overdraft facility
How to apply for PNB Classic Debit Card?
- Both personalized and non-personalized cards are issued by the branch
- In case of personalised card, customers need to fill the debit card application form and the customer will receive the card after 7-10 days
- Eligible customers can also apply for the debit card via SMS service
- SMS <DEBCARD 16 DIGIT ACCOUNT NUMBER> to 5607040 from the registered mobile number. Hence, customers can carry out PNB Debit Card registration easily
PNB Platinum Debit Card
The features & benefits of PNB Platinum Debit Card are mentioned below:
How to apply for PNB Platinum Debit Card?
Account holders can apply for PNB Platinum Debit Card by visiting the nearest bank branch or call PNB customer care number – 1800 180 2222 (toll-free), 1800 103 2222 (toll-free) and tolled number 0120-2490000 for further assistance.
PNB Business Debit Card
The features & benefits of the PNB Business Debit Card are mentioned below:
Eligibility for Punjab National Bank Debit Card
PNB Business Debit Card can be issued to the following customers:
- Corporate clients who are not even listed in any of the stock exchanges of the country
- Authorized corporate person, holding proper mandate from the company to make a transaction through ATM/ PoS/ E- com
- An authorized person must also be the authorized signatory of the respective account
- Sole proprietorship, Partnership concerns, and Public/ Private limited company are also eligible for PNB Business Debit Card
- To meet the eligibility current account holders should maintain a minimum QAB of Rs.1 lakh
How to apply for PNB Business Debit Card?
Account holders can apply for PNB Business Debit Card by visiting the nearest bank branch or call PNB Debit card customer care number – 1800 180 2222 (toll-free), 1800 103 2222 (toll-free) and tolled number 0120-2490000 for further assistance.
Before visiting the bank branch, account holders are also required to check the PNB Bank Timings.
PNB International Debit Card
The features & benefits of PNB International Debit Card are mentioned below:
How to apply for PNB International Debit Card?
Account holders can apply for PNB International Debit Card by visiting the nearest bank branch or call PNB Debit card customer care number – 1800 180 2222 (toll-free), 1800 103 2222 (toll-free) and tolled number 0120-2490000 for further assistance.
PNB Debit Card Charges
|Particulars of Charges||PNB Debit Card Charges|
|Issuance Charges of PNB Classic Debit Card||Nil|
|Issuance Charge of PNB Platinum Debit Card||Rs. 300|
|Issuance Charge of PNB International Debit Card||Rs. 200|
|Issuance Charge of PNB Business Debit Card||Rs. 200|
|Prepaid Card Issuance Charge||Rs. 20|
|Cost of International Debit Card||Rs. 200|
|Debit Card Annual Fee (from the second year onwards)||Rs. 100 + GST|
|Business Debit Card Annual Fees (from the second year)||Rs. 200 + GST|
|Issuance Charges of Add on Card||Rs. 100|
|Charges for issuance of Duplicate PIN||Rs. 50|
|Issuance Charges of Duplicate ATM/Debit Card/Replacement of ATM/Debit Card||Rs. 200|
|Mark-Up Charges for each POSP transaction at Petrol Pumps, Restaurants and Railway Bookings, firstname.lastname@example.org% + GST subject to a minimum of Rs. 10/-|
|Charge for making international acquirer transactions at PNB ATMS||Rs. 150/- per transaction|
PNB ATM Charges for PNB Cardholders
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How to Block PNB Debit/ATM Card?
A. There are a number of methods by which an account holder can block the PNB ATM/Debit card –
1. PNB Debit Card block / hotlisting through Internet Banking
To block PNB Debit Card using PNB net banking, customer would be required to login to the PNB netbanking portal and choose “Value Added Services” to proceed. Then the account holder will be required to choose the “Debit Card Hot-listing” option from the drop down menu and select the debit card that he/she wants to hotlist. Lastly, the PNB account holder needs to enter IBS Transaction Password and click on “Submit”
2. PNB Debit Card block using SMS facility
Send the message (HOT space Card Number) e.g. HOT 7127680000000054 to 5607040 from the registered mobile number. Once PNB Debit Card block process is completed, the account holder will be notified.
3. Blocking the card via PNB Debit Card customer care
Customers can call on the following PNB Debit Card customer care numbers to block their debit card:
PNB Toll-Free Number available 24 hours a day: 18001802222/ 1801032222
PNB Paid Helpline Number available 24 hours a day: 0124-2490000
Q. How to Generate ATM PIN for PNB Debit Card?
A. PNB follows the Green PIN facility wherein the customers can generate PNB Debit Card PIN. Account holders can follow any of the below mentioned ways to generate PNB Debit Card PIN:
1. PNB Debit Card PIN Generate via Netbanking
Customer needs to log in to the PNB net banking portal with the user ID and password and then select ‘’Value Added Services’’ option. Under the “Value Added Services” tab, choose the “Set/Reset Debit Card PIN” option. Now select the account number and click on “Continue”. Enter the OTP and set a new 4-digit PIN for the PNB debit card and click on the submit button.
2. PNB Debit Card PIN generate through ATM
The account holder can also activate PNB Debit Card PIN by visiting the ATM and then choosing the ‘ENTER GREEN PIN (OTP)’ tab. Now the customer needs to enter the 6-digit OTP sent on the registered mobile number and click on “Yes”. Proceed further by providing the desired 4-digit ATM PIN and click on the “Confirm” tab to generate PNB Debit Card PIN.
Q. How many free transactions can a customer carry out at PNB ATM?
A. An account holder can use his/her Punjab National Bank Debit card to carry out 5 free ATM transactions per month at PNB ATMs.
Q. Where to lodge a complaint about a failed ATM transaction?
A. Complaints can be lodged at the Customer Relationship Centre by calling on 0120-2490000, 18001802222 (Toll-Free), 1800 103 2222 (Toll-Free).
Q. What is the eligibility for PNB Classic Debit Card?
A. The eligibility criteria for PNB Classic Debit Card are as follows:
1. All the KYC complaint saving and current account holders are eligible
2. New customers opening their account in PNB Bank
3. Individual customers having an overdraft facility are also eligible for PNB Classic Debit Card