VISA Debit Card is available in several countries across the globe. Many banks and financial service institutions offer VISA debit cards to their customers. In many countries, the banks have added VISA debit functionality to the ATM card of existing users to facilitate online transactions, fund transfer and payments at PoS terminals.
VISA is a renowned brand in the cards segment. It is a multinational financial services corporation based in Foster City, California. VISA helps in making smooth and hassle free fund transactions throughout the world. It was launched in the year 1858 by Bank of America as Bank Americard Program. Later, in the year 1976, the Bank Americard Program was renamed as VISA, which is now present in 200+ countries. The mission of this program was to offer a centralized payment system which ensures smooth and secure transactions.
VISA is the second largest card payment organization in the world after UnionPay. Almost all VISA transactions made worldwide are processed through VISANET, which is a secure network for transactions ensuring multiple layers of security.
In the year 2013, VISA had launched VISA Checkout as an online payment system that eliminates the need for sharing the details of the card holder and his card while making a transaction. This VISA Checkout allows cardholders to enter their details along with the card details to make a common user ID and password to make online purchases. However, this service has been discontinued from 2016 onward.
Types of VISA Debit Card
Use your VISA debit card for almost anything you want. It has around 1.9 million ATMs in 200+ countries around the world. VISA provides enhanced security by ensuring secured transaction at all PoS terminals. VISA provides assistance in any corner of the world through Global Customer Assistance Services. They also provide emergency services such as cash advance and card replacement.
Celebrate life with higher spending limits, flexible credit limits, fast cash disbursement services, and emergency card replacement while you are travelling. VISA Gold card holders are entitled to various offers and discounts on dining bills, movie tickets, retails outlets, shopping, and much more. VISA debit cards also provide concierge services which include travel assistance, medical help and legal assistance to its Gold card holders. And, to make the VISA experience smooth and hassle free, VISA’s Global Customer Assistance Services is available 24 * 7.
Get more reasons to celebrate with VISA Platinum debit cards. This debit card is specially tailored to provide you various offers, benefits and services such as flight booking, hotel reservations, restaurant booking, event tickets, trip planning, car rental booking, movie ticket discounts, shopping offers, and much more.
- Travel: 10% off on booking hotels through Hotels.com from a wide choice of 5 lakhs hotels in 60 + countries. Before making any hotel booking, check the reviews of the hotel to get the best hotel room at best price. Get 10% discount on the rates and complimentary daily breakfast at partnered hotels. Also, enjoy fast immigration services at 450 + international airports.
- Shopping: VISA Platinum debit card holders are eligible to enjoy up to 15% discount on shopping at partnered merchants.
- Dining: Get up to 20% discounts on dining at Tong Le Private Dining, Singapore and up to 10% discount on dining at Su Tha Ros, Bangkok, Thailand. This card provides the experience of dining at exclusive restaurants its concierge services. The cardholder can choose to dine at various restaurants across the globe and get best discount benefits on the dining bill.
A person with a good taste of food and products deserves to have high-quality services and maximum reward points. The VISA Signature debit card provides unrivaled access to discounts, offers, cashback, deals and much more to compliment your lifestyle needs and requirements. The VISA Signature debit card is globally accepted and entitles the cardholder to enjoy 24 * 7 concierge services and customer assistance. Below are detailed benefits provided by VISA Signature Card:
- Travel: Complimentary airport lounge access on every quarter. It also gives a 10% on booking made through Hotels.com.
- Shopping: Enjoy a hassle-free experience of shopping with your VISA debit card as it gives up to 15% discounts on various shopping outlets.
- Dining: The VISA card has a Concierge Preferred Dining Program to provide a unique and exclusive experience of dining. The card also has discount benefits on dining at partnered restaurants. The concierge services are handled by a multi-lingual team to cater to the dining needs.
It is a premium debit card specially tailored to provide you exclusive lifestyle without any boundaries. It ensures that the cardholders have a world class experience of curated indulgence. The debit card is accepted all over the world at various merchant locations and ATMs to allow instant cash access, whenever required. Below are the benefits of holding a VISA infinite card:
- Travel: Enjoy the best travel experience with complimentary airport lounge access every quarter in India. It also gives up to 10% discounts on bookings made through Hotels.com and at partnered hotels by the VISA card.
- Shopping: The cardholders of VISA Infinite debit card are eligible to get discounts up to 20% on shopping.
- Dining: VISA debit card holders are eligible to get 20% discount on dining at Tong Le Private Dining, Singapore. With the VISA Concierge Preferred Dining Program, the cardholder can pre-book a table at the partnered restaurants which are hand-picked by specialists.
Key Features and Offers on VISA Debit Card
- Have the best travelling experience by paying with your VISA card. Online travel help aggregators such as Booking.com and Hotels.Com give up to 10% discounts on paying with your VISA debit card.
- It is safer to carry Visa Debit card as compared to cash.
- VISA debit cards are across the globe in many countries making it even more convenient to do transactions.
- It provides 24*7 concierge services to provide assistance on various services such as trip planning, travel assistance, hotel reservations, movie ticket booking, restaurant booking, event ticket booking and much more.
- Concierge services can be contacted from any part of the world and assistance is provided on an immediate basis.
- VISA cards ensure maximum security to provide secure transaction experience. The VISA has secure networks that provide several levels of security for every online transaction with Verified by VISA and 3-digit security code.
- VISA has a widespread network of ATMs in 200 + countries all over the world. Be it anywhere in the world you will find a VISA ATMs easily around you.
- Have a unique shopping experience with a VISA debit card that has a wide array of services and features such as discounts, cashback, Verified by VISA and 3 – digit secured PIN to aid secured card transactions.
Important Dos and Don’ts of VISA Debit Card
- Keep your 3-digit secured PIN and passwords known only to you.
- Sign up for the Verified by VISA feature provided by the bank to ensure all your transactions are safe.
- Make all your online transactions and purchases from verified and legitimate merchants.
- Do not share your personal details with anyone.
- Do not share your ATM PIN with anyone.
- Do not forget to sign the back of your debit card.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How to know whether my VISA debit card will be accepted at a particular ATM?
A. The VISA debit card can be easily used at any ATM in India or abroad wherever it has a PLUS or VISA symbol. Also, you can contact the nearest bank branch to know about the ATM access.
Q. I wanted to know if my VISA debit card will be accepted outside India or not?
A. Yes, VISA debit cards are globally accepted cards that can be used at any ATM or PoS terminal which are recognized by VISA. Use the 3-digit PIN to make any VISA card-related transaction in India or abroad.
Q. How does my VISA card ensure secured transactions?
A. The VISA transaction is automatically processed through a VISA network which constantly monitors any suspicious activity and detects fraudulent transactions.
Q. How do I find a VISA ATM nearby?
A. Contact your nearest bank branch to know about the nearest VISA ATMs.
Q. What are the security features of my VISA debit card?
A. VISA debit cards are secured with multiple levels of security to ensure secure transactions. Below are the security features of VISA debit cards:
- 3-Digit security Code: All the VISA debit cards have CVV2 which is the 3-digit security code of the debit card, printed on the backside of the card. It is generally used to make online transactions and purchases. This layer of protection enables VISA debit cards to prevent fraudulent transactions.
Q. Verified by VISA
A. This enhanced security feature of VISA debit card ensures password-protected transactions while shopping online. The bank verifies the identity of the cardholder with the password entered by him as it is known only to him.