PNB or Punjab National Bank is a multinational financial services bank with several branches across the country. It is a state-owned enterprise with more than a million customers and various subsidiaries across the globe. It stands among some of the oldest banks in the country dating back to pre-independence era.
About Net Banking
With the onset of the technological progress in the field of networking, almost all businesses have moved on to online markets. This move not only enables them to lower the cost of business but also reach out to a global customer base. Following the trend, financial services too have moved their major functions online. Net banking is the new age banking system that can be easily accessed by a customer and help them to manage their accounts remotely, from just about anywhere in the world. It helps reduce the long visits to the bank in order to deposit or withdraw money.
Net Banking with PNB
Keeping in tune with the upsurge of online banking, PNB has also launched its net banking system. Through PNB net banking, the bank offers various services to its clients. With the help of PNB net banking customers are allowed to perform monetary transactions online, as well as monitor their bank accounts remotely from any part of the city or country. There are several other services offered by PNB through its net banking, such as, payment of credit cards and utility bills, opening of savings account online without having to visit the bank branch. PNB also has some services for its NRI customers.
Net Banking Services Offered by PNB
Given below is a list of certain financial services that PNB net banking offers to its clients online. Most of these services require no physical visits to the bank even for the sake of follow up and can be carried out within a matter of minutes or seconds, depending upon the type of work. The list of services is as follows:
- Opening of financial accounts such as fixed deposits and recurring deposits. Earlier one had to visit the bank in order to open a savings account with the bank, but with PNB net banking, one can do it online as well. The necessary data related to the benefits and requirements for opening an FD or RD are given on the website for the customer to study, assess and make an informed decision.
- PNB net banking also enables a customer to close an already existing Fixed Deposit account through its online portal. Instead of going to the bank branch and getting the account closed, the customer simply has to log into his or her online account, fulfil all the requisite criteria for closing a FD and the rest will be taken care of by the bank without any further delay.
- The customer can also get a Public Provident Fund or a PPF account opened through the net banking service of PNB. The bank enables its customers to do so by providing all the necessary details for opening the PPF account on the bank website itself.
- Punjab National Bank also provides the facility to transfer funds from one account to another. Among these fund transfer facilities are:
Intra-bank funds transfer– where a client can transfer funds from one account to another. The account can be that of another individual or another account owned by the same person. In both the cases, the bank permits online funds transfer.
Inter-bank funds transfer– in this kind of transfer, the bank enables its customers to transfer funds from their account to that of another account, where the other account is in a different bank.
- The facility of NEFT and RTGS make it convenient for customers to make instant fund transfers at any time of the day. Facilities, such as IMPS and UPI, are available to customers 24 hours a day including all the holidays.
- As mentioned earlier, the PNB net banking makes it very convenient for customers to pay their utility bills sitting at home. With the option of paying bills available through the online portal, customers do not need to get in queue to pay their water, electricity or internet bill anymore.
- Apart from the usual domestic bills, customers can use the online portal to clear their credit card dues too. Instalments of mutual fund investments can also be taken care of by simply logging on to your PNB online account.
- Next in line of making payments are the taxes. Through PNB net banking, you fill up your tax return forms and make the needed payments online itself, without having to visit the office of tax departments. This saves so much time as well as avoids long queues.
Apart from the routine financial services and aids offered by online portal of PNB, there are several value-added or supplementary services provided by PNB net banking which are non- financial in nature. Among such services are the following:
In Relation to Accounts
- The portal enables you to check your account statements. It displays a detailed description of all your transactions with all the payment related information. This can work as your digitized bank statement.
- You can also check your past transactions with the help of transaction history option, which shows you the details of all your past payments and receipts.
- Another facility that it provides you is the option of checking the details of your nominee, if any.
In Relation to Cheques:
- In the instance of your cheque book running out of cheques, you can make a request for cheque books online itself and the same will be duly delivered to your doorsteps within the stipulated time period.
- You can also enquire about the status of a certain cheque. Through net banking you can track the status of the cheque once you have issued it.
- You can also request the bank to stop the payment of any cheque issued by you by going online and making the request for the same. The cheque will be stopped from being processed any further, and you will be duly notified of the same.
Requests for Offline Services
PNB not only offers online services through its net banking facilities, but the same facilities can also be used to request for certain offline services. Some of those services are listed here under:
- In case you intend to alter the credit limit on your credit card, you may do that by logging in to your net banking and selecting the relevant option to alter your credit limit.
- You can also claim the reward points that you have earned on your credit card through the online portal.
- Renewal of the fixed deposit accounts or termination of the same can be done at any time without much trouble.
- You can register to get your account statement online instead of heading to the bank to get a bank statement every month.
- Apply to other banking products and services which the bank has to offer. Such offers will be posted on the online portal for the convenience of customers.
Apart from the listed online and offline services mentioned here, the online portal provides its customers with a number of value-added services which are over and above the ones available in terms of banking services. Some of these value-added services are mentioned below:
- It allows the customers to reset the password for the online registered ID of the customer.
- Permits the customers to set transactions of recurring nature.
- Allows them the option of scheduling any future transaction. This is especially helpful if the customer is a corporate client and usually has several transactions lined up, making it difficult to keep track of every single one. The online account takes care of it.
- Helps in e-filing of the customer’s income tax returns.
- Assists the customers in personalizing their debit cards and also hotlisting it.
- Customize the security settings as per their preference, such as limiting the number of transactions per month and other such arrangements.
Process of Registering for PNB Net Banking
The methods to register for internet banking are listed here for your convenience:
- You can visit the branch nearest to you and request them to help activating your net banking. You can download form PNB-1085 from the bank’s website www.netpnb.com which you have to fill and submit to the bank.
- The other option is for you to contact their call centre and request them to activate your net banking.
- If you are a debit or credit card holder with PNB, then you can visit their website and register for online banking yourself.
- You can also register yourself through the ATM, by selecting the option of registering for net banking and then following the requisite directions.
Once completed, you will be ready to use the services of online banking by PNB.