|HDFC Regalia First Credit Card Rating|
Annual Fee ★★★★★
Travel Benefits ★★
Offers & Discounts ★★★
|Overall Rating ★★★★|
HDFC Regalia First credit card is one of the most sought-after credit cards provided by HDFC Bank. It’s a low-fee variant of the premium travel credit card- HDFC Regalia and offers lounge access at airports in India and abroad. The card is best suited for customers who wish to get luxury privileges at a reasonable annual fee.
Lounge Access on HDFC Regalia First Credit Card
Free lounge access can come really handy for frequent flyers. The lounge access under HDFC Regalia First Card is provided by VISA and Mastercard for domestic airports. Lounge access at international airports is provided under the Priority Pass Membership.
Details of HDFC Regalia First credit card lounge access are given below:
- Users get free Priority Pass membership and a total of 3 complimentary visits that can be availed by both primary and add-on cardholder. After that user will be charged USD 27 + GST
- Customers get 8 free Indian airport lounge visits at both domestic and international terminals. This facility is provided by Visa and Mastercard
HDFC provides its users discounts at various restaurants via the Good Food Trail Dining Program. Several restaurants across the country have partnered with HDFC Bank to offer dining discounts to the cardholders. Users can browse the offers by clicking here.
HDFC Bank rewards the loyalty of its customers by giving them points against the purchases they make. HDFC Bank’s reward catalogue has assortment of merchandise, electronic items and vouchers. Users earn Reward Points in the following manner:
- 4 Reward Points per Rs. 150 spent
- 10x Reward Point on shopping and travel spends made on SmartBuy
- Each reward Point is worth 30 p
- 5,000 Reward Points on spending Rs. 3 lakh or more in an anniversary year
- Additional 6,000 points on reaching Rs. 6 lakh annual spends
On top of all the benefits HDFC Regalia credit card also offers the following coverage:
- Accidental air death coverage up to Rs. 50 lakh
- Customers are provided coverage against death that may occur from bodily injuries up to 12 months after the air accident
- Overseas hospitalization cover up to Rs. 10 lakh
- Cardholders get coverage for injuries or disease suffered abroad. Pre-existing illnesses won’t be covered under this scheme
- Credit liability coverage up to Rs. 5.00 lakh
Do note that the insurance cover is provided to the primary cardholder only. Customers will have to raise the claim with HDFC Ergo, the insurance partner providing the coverage.
Should You Get This Credit Card?
If you answer YES to the majority of the below-given questions then you should definitely consider getting this credit card.
- Do you earn over Rs. 40,000 per month? (Only the customers who earn over Rs. 40,000 can apply)
- Do you frequently travel overseas?
- Do you make frequent international transactions?
- Do you travel within India quite often?
- Do you frequently dine out?
- Are you seeking a premium card that does not charge a high annual fee?
- Does your annual spend reach Rs. 1 lakh or more? (If yes, customers won’t have to pay the renewal fee for the next year.)
- Will you be able to spend Rs. 3.00 lakh/6.00 lakh in a year, in order to achieve bonus reward points?
- Do your immediate family members also travel frequently? (If yes, you can share free lounge access and the 2% foreign currency transaction charge by getting an add-on card.)
- Are you comfortable paying Rs. 1,000 as first-year membership fee and renewal fee?
To help you understand your savings better, we at Paisabazaar.com, have calculated the amount of money you can save in the first year of your HDFC Regalia First credit card. In the below-given table you can see how much you can save on spending Rs. 2 lakh or 4 lakh.
|Type of Saving||On spending Rs. 2 Lakh||On spending Rs. 4 Lakh|
|Shopping||Rs. 720||Rs. 1,440|
|Fuel||Rs. 720||Rs. 1,440|
|Travel||Rs. 1,440||Rs. 2,880|
|Other Exp||Rs. 1,836||Rs. 3,684|
|Purchase Reward Points||Rs. 3,000||Rs. 3,000|
|Dining Discounts||Rs. 3,600||Rs. 7,200|
|Net Savings||Rs. 11,316||Rs. 19,644|
Drawbacks of HDFC Regalia First Credit Card
Customers will face the following drawbacks if they choose to get HDFC Regalia First credit card
- Travel benefits come only in the form of lounge access; no air miles or co-branded benefits are offered
- There are other travel credit cards in the market with more comprehensive benefits
- Priority Pass lounge access is not free in India
- Mastercard/Visa lounge access cannot be used internationally
- Cardholders can avail the free Priority Pass membership only after making 4 retail transactions and they will have to apply for the same
- Reward Points expire after 2 years
- Travel insurance is valid for international travel only
- The complimentary insurance does not cover add-on card members
HDFC Regalia First Credit Card is a less-premium version of HDFC Regalia Card. Since the Regalia Card has a comparatively high annual fee of Rs. 2,500, the Regalia First Card would be a better option for those who wish to get similar benefits at a lower annual fee. The eligibility terms for this card are also easier. People who usually put a majority of their expenses on credit cards and travel quite frequently would be able to make the most of the benefits offered on this card.