SBI net banking provides you almost every banking service at the comfort of your home. May it be fund transfer, online shopping, utility bill payment or mobile recharge, SBI net banking has made life simpler and faster. You don’t have to visit the bank to avail such services. Every transaction is secured by passwords. You may need to reset your login and transaction passwords under certain conditions as discussed below.
Steps to Reset SBI Net Banking Password Using Profile Password
- Visit the personal SBI net banking portal
- On the Login page, click on “Forgot Login Password“
- You will be directed to the new drop-down menu. Select “Forgot My Login Password” and click “Next”
- You have to fill up details like your username, bank account number, date of birth and mobile number and country. Make sure to enter every detail correctly. If any details do not match with the details available in SBI database, you cannot proceed further to change your password
- After the submission of details, you will receive an OTP (One Time Password) on your registered mobile number
- Enter OTP in a specified location on the screen.
- You will see a new drop-down menu with options to change your login password. Select the option “Change login password using profile password”
- Enter correct profile password.
- You can enter a new password of your choice and retype it to confirm
- Your new login password is reset now, you can log in to SBI net banking with a new login
Get Your Free Credit Report with Monthly Updates Check Now
Why to Reset SBI Net Banking Password
- With increasing threats of cyber-attacks, SBI net banking system may recommend you to change the password after certain intervals.
- If you forget your password, you have to reset it before you can log in to SBI net banking.
- If you enter the wrong password repeatedly, access to your account is blocked You have to reset login password if you don’t recall your old password.
- If you suspect someone knows your SBI net banking password, or it is easy to guess for someone, it is strongly recommended that you change your password without delay.
- In case you have recently accessed your SBI net banking through public Wi-Fi, your data including user id and password might have been stolen by unidentified networks. It is in your interest to change your SBI net banking login password at the earliest.
Precautions to Reset SBI Net Banking Password
- Keep your user ID, bank account number and registered mobile number ready with you, the bank will send you OTP (One Time Password) on your registered mobile number.
- Your login password is confidential to you. Never share it with anyone, including bank staff. If it is shared, you may risk losing your money.
- Please do not write your login password anywhere, but memorize The password should be easy to remember for you. At the same time, it must be impossible for someone else to guess your password.
- It is recommended to change your SBI Net banking password at regular interval. Never reuse your old password again, create a unique password every time.
Get Free Credit Report with Complete Analysis of Credit Score Get Report
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is profile password in SBI account?
There are two passwords in SBI account- login password and profile password. With login password, you can access internet banking facility, whereas the profile password is used to make changes or access details of the net-banking profile. It is like an extra layer of security. With a profile password, SBI users can also a third-party to transfer funds or to change the login password.
Q. How do I reset my SBI net-banking user ID and password?
In case you have forgotten your user-id or password for SBI net-banking, you can click on ‘Forgot Username’ and ‘Forgot Password’ respectively. After that, you will receive an OTP to verify your account and change username or password.
Q. Is transaction password and profile password the same for SBI?
No, transaction password and profile password are not the same. Profile password is an additional layer of security using which the users can view/change their profile details like mobile number, email-id, change login password and add a beneficiary to make fund transfers. Whereas, transaction password is given in commercial banking to authorize financial transactions.
Q. What happens if I forget my profile password?
If you have forgotten your profile password, you can reset the same by authenticating yourself with the hint question and answer that you had set for the Profile password or through ATM Debit card validation. In case you do not remember the hint question and do not have an ATM debit card, visit the branch office to reset the password.
Q. How can I reset my SBI profile password?
If you have the hint question and answer set during the first log-in into SBI net-banking, you can follow these steps to reset password:
- Click on profile and then click ‘Forgot Profile Password’
- After that, choose ‘Using Hint Question Answer’ from the displayed options
- Select the hint question which you had set when you created your profile password for the first time
- Enter the answer and click ‘Submit’
- On the next screen, enter a new profile password and click ‘Submit’
Q. How to reset a profile password using ATM Debit Card?
To reset your profile password using ATM Debit Card, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on profile and then click ‘Forgot Profile Password’
- After that, choose ‘Approval through ATM Debit Card’ from the displayed options
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number for second-factor authentication
- Select the account number and proceed
- On the next screen, select the active card and click ‘Confirm’
- Now, enter the debit card details and click ‘Proceed’
- After successful validation, you have to re-login to reset the profile password
- After re-logging, you can define the new profile password
- Enter the new password and ‘Submit’