IMPS or Immediate Payment Service is a swift and secure electronic fund transfer scheme that has helped a major share of the population in India. This fund transfer option facilitates bank-to-bank movement of money on a real-time basis. HDFC is one of the popular private banks offering IMPS scheme. HDFC allows its customers to use this service via its netbanking and mobile banking platforms.
What makes IMPS so efficient? Firstly, the individual can access fund transfer anytime during the 24 hours cycle. Secondly, with the help of IMPS, you can send money to a beneficiary account belonging to any bank falling under the IMPS participating list.
Get Free Credit Report with Complete Analysis of Credit Score Check Now
How to Create HDFC MMID?
There are a number of steps through which you can generate MMID for carrying our IMPS transactions offered by HDFC Bank. Some of these methods include:
Generate HDFC MMID via SMS
- You simply have to SMS MMID and send it to 5676712.
Generate MMID through Mobile Banking
- You need to login to Mobile Banking App or visit m.hdfcbank.com using your mobile internet browser.
- Go to the Accounts section.
- Click on the available option to ‘Generate MMID.’
Generate HDFC MMID via Net Banking
- Simply login to access Net Banking and press to Generate MMID available on the left menu.
- Fill in the details and press to Confirm.
- Finally, MMID is created for your account.
Call Phone Banking for Generating MMID
- Call the Phone Banking number specified for your region
- Select your desired language
- For Banking, you need to Select 1
- Now, select 6 to directly communicate with the agent in order to register for IMPS and generate MMID
- The IMPS registration request would be considered, and the MMID code will be delivered to your registered Mobile number.
Eligibility Criteria for HDFC Bank IMPS Scheme
It is important to note that all HDFC bank customers managing an account with this banking organization can access IMPS facility for fund transfer. It is strictly required that the individual’s mobile number needs to be registered with the bank for successfully making IMPS transactions.
HDFC Bank IMPS Service Features
HDFC is known to treat its customers in the most comfortable manner. Here are some of the features associated with HDFC IMPS service that needs to be understood:
- Transfer Charges- Recently, the charges for online transfer, including IMPS have been revised. According to the current cost structure, for transferring an amount ranging between Re. 1and Rs. 1 lakh the individual needs to pay Rs. Furthermore, for transactions amounting between Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 2 lakh would demand a charge of Rs. 15. Remember that, each of these charges is exclusive of tax and GST has to be paid on these transactions.
- Individuals are permitted to send money using IFSC code and account number. The use of mobile number and MMID is also becoming popular, especially in metro cities in India.
- Availability on Multiple Platforms- The best part about HDFC Bank’s IMPS facility is its accessibility on a wide number of platforms. Be it Android, iPhone, BBZ10 or Windows tablet, you can easily perform an IMPS transaction within no time.
HDFC IMPS Transfer & MMID
The Mobile Money Identifier or MMID is basically a seven-digit unique number that is issued by the bank after the mobile banking registration is achieved. It is important for the remitter as well as the beneficiary to possess MMID HDFC for processing interbank funds transfer using MMID code and mobile number.
Steps to Transfer Money Using HDFC IMPS Scheme
Below-mentioned are the various options that can be accessed by the customers to transfer money through IMPS under various channels such as mobile banking, netbanking and USSD.
Fund Transfer Using Netbanking
- Enter your HDFC Bank netbanking portal and click to access “Funds Transfer.”
- Next step is to select ‘IMPS Funds Transfer’ and enter your account number, name and related details before finalizing the transaction.
- After the transaction is processed, you would be offered a confirmation message.
Mobile Banking – Android/Windows/iPhone/Blackberry
- Firstly, login to open HDFC’s Mobile Banking
- Click on ‘Fund Transfer’ and select ‘Other Bank using IMPS.’
- Now, you need to make a selection called ‘Using IFSC/AC No.’ for transferring funds via IFSC code.
- Select the beneficiary, add the amount, mention remarks (if necessary) and confirm the fund transfer.
- After the transaction is processed, a confirmation message would be provided instantly.
Via USSD: Account No., MMID, IFSC or Mobile No.
- You need to dial *99# using your smart phone.
- Add IFSC code.
- Based on the option you are planning to select, click on either ‘Fund transfer-MMID’ or ‘Fund Transfer- Account number.’
- Depending on the option you have marked to transfer funds, it is required to enter Account Number and IFSC or MMID HDFC along with the beneficiary’s mobile number.
- Next step is to add the MPIN together with the last 4 digits of your account number.
- Mention the amount which has to be transferred and further confirm the transaction.
- An SMS confirmation concerned with the successful transfer would be sent to your registered mobile number.
Get Your Free Credit Report with Monthly Updates Check Now
FAQs HDFC IMPS
- If my IMPS transactionfails, what is the procedure to get my money back?
In case your IMPS transaction doesn’t pass through, you need to check the status of the transaction after 2 working days. It is commonly observed that the amount is credited to the beneficiary’s account or would be refunded to the remitter’s account.
You can contact the customer care between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. using your registered mobile number if things don’t go through.
- If I have two accounts withHDFC Bank, is it required to get two separate MMIDs for these accounts?
Indeed, every account holds its own MMID HDFC, which needs to be remembered.
- How to check the MMID of the beneficiary?
It is required that your payee should provide his/her MMID in order to receive money in his/her account.