Founded in the year 1945, Federal Bank is head-quartered in Federal Towers, Aluva, Kochi-683101, Kerala, India. In a step to make the banking experience easier for its customers while ensuring lightning-fast banking, Federal Bank has launched its array of mobile banking applications. Check different types of Federal Bank Mobile Banking apps below and check how to register for the same.
What are the services offered by Federal Bank Mobile Banking apps?
|Services offered by Federal Bank Mobile Banking Application|
|Accounts & Deposits||Term Deposit Enquiry||Merchant Solutions|
|Loan Account Enquiry||Card Services||Change PIN|
|View & Download Statements||Funds Transfer||Value-Added Services|
|Bank Account linking||Passbook Updation||Utility Bill/Recharge DTH/ Mobile/ School Fee Payment|
|Issued/Deposited Cheque Status||Scan and Pay||Manage Transaction Limit|
|Lodge Complaints||Appointment for Jewel Loan||Block Card|
What are different types of Federal Bank Mobile Banking Apps?
Federal Bank, along with FedMobile, offers other mobile banking apps to its customers to cater to various services offered by them. Below are the Federal bank mobile banking applications:
|Federal Bank Mobile Banking Apps||Primary Features|
|BHIM LOTZA UPI Payment|
|BHIM Aadhaar Pay|
|Fed NR Connect|
FedMobile – Federal Bank Mobile Banking App
FedMobile is the official mobile banking app provided by Federal Bank, which offers various features to the customers, like balance enquiry, fund transfer, booking tickets and paying bills.
|FedMobile by Federal Bank||Features|
|Account Management & Enquiry||Account details, Federal Bank Balance Enquiry, transaction history, set transaction limits|
|Deposit and Loans||Avail fixed deposit & recurring deposit online, Open/close term loans, avail loan against deposit/personal loan|
|Fund Transfer||Fund transfer, quick pay (without adding beneficiary), manage beneficiaries, credit card payment, scheduled transactions and scan & pay|
|Bookings||Hotel, bus, cab, event & movie tickets|
|Bill Payments & Recharges||Utility bill payments, mobile & DTH transactions, school fee payments|
|Other Services||Enable/disable/block cards, mutual funds, investments, request cheque book, shop on chat|
“FedBook Selfie” is an innovative and user-friendly app that helps users to keep a track of transactions in their accounts in real-time.
|Transaction Management||View updated passbook and real time transaction updates|
|Expense management||Track expenses, assign a category to each transaction|
|Additional Features||Receive account statement via mail, browse FAQs, open E-KYC account|
|Works Offline||Track expenses, check passbook or account balance & much more without internet connectivity|
|Open Account||Open Federal Bank account instantly using Fedbook Selfie app|
FedNet is the mobile app version of the official Federal Bank Net Banking.
|Bill payment||Mobile/DTH Recharge, School fee payment|
|Federal Bank Term Deposit||Open term deposit online using FedNet app|
|Manage accounts||Manage all the depository accounts using the Federal Bank Mobile Banking app|
FedCorp is designed for business entities to manage their banking transactions as per their requirements.
|Account Management||For business entities – view balance, transaction history, bulk payments|
|Fund Transfer||Transfer funds (Intra Bank, NEFT & IMPS), manage beneficiaries, approve transactions, transaction status|
FedAlert provide customers with a seamless delivery of OTP and alerts messages from the Bank.
|Communication Management||OTPs, push alerts, notifications|
|Security||Secure channel, resolve delayed message issues|
BHIM LOTZA UPI Payments App
BHIM LOTZA links different bank accounts in a single app and thus makes banking experience more convenient.
|BHIM LOTZA UPI Payments App||Features|
|Manage Accounts||Link multiple accounts, transfer and receive money instantly via UPI/MMID, balance enquiry, transaction history|
|Utility Bills & Others||Pay utility bills, school fees, other payments & religious payments|
|Security||Secured transactions through UPI PIN|
With Federal calendar find train timings, PNR status, set reminders, sync with Google calendar and lot more.
|Activity Planner||Set reminders, event management, sync with Google calendar|
|Calendar View||Day/month and year view|
|Other Features||Train timings, PNR enquiry, live cricket scores, world clock, birth star finder, location-wise day segments, sunrise/sunset time, lunar nodes, nakshatra, etc.|
Federal store provides a consolidated view of all mobile applications offered by the Federal Bank and keeps a track of all the account transactions.
|Store||Access to all Federal Bank mobile banking applications|
|Scan and Pay||Transfer funds based on QR codes|
BHIM Aadhaar Pay
BHIM Aadhaar Pay is Aadhaar based payment interface which allows real time payment to Merchant using Aadhaar number of Customer.
|BHIM Aadhaar Pay||Features|
|Customer Payments||For small business/merchants – through Aadhaar verification|
|Payment Mode||Via biometric fingerprint scanner|
Fed NR Connect
It is an app that updates its users on the prevailing interest rates offered by the Federal Bank.
|Fed NR Connect||Features|
|Foreign Exchange||Daily forex rates, update on interest rates, remittance tie-up with other banks|
|Account Management||Open NRI account|
|Other Features||Details of overseas presence, plan future goals, FD calculator to estimate the return|
BHIM LOTZA Merchant App
This app has been developed for the cashiers at merchant establishments to carry out UPI payments. It enables customers to collect money as per their requirements.
|BHIM LOTZA Merchant App||Features|
|Fund Management||Designed for cashiers, accept payment from customers via UPI, available 24/7|
|Security||Account and card number not displayed, no view of the main account to cashier|
|Payment Mode||Scan QR code|
How to Register for Federal Bank Mobile Banking App (FedMobile)?
Customers have to follow the below steps to register their accounts on FedMobile – the Federal Bank mobile banking application:
Step 1: Download the Federal Bank mobile banking application – FedMobile from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
Step 2: Open the Federal Bank mobile banking app and click on ‘Register’.
Step 3: Enter Federal Bank account number and registered mobile number. Click on ‘Next’ to continue.
Step 4: On the next step, account holders need to choose the offline or online method to register them for Federal Bank Mobile Banking. Customers can opt to verify online by clicking on either “Internet banking” or “Debit card”. To verify offline, account holders can select “Branch verification” and continue.
Internet Banking: Account holders who opt to verify using Internet Banking will have to provide FedNet Username and FedNet password and click on “Verify”.
Debit Card: Customers who opt to verify using Federal Bank Debit Card will have to provide the “Federal Bank Debit Card number”, “ATM PIN”, “Expiry Month” & “Expiry Year” and click on “Verify”.
Branch Verification: To verify offline, account holders will be required to enter the “Register Token” and click on “Verify”.
Step 5: After successful verification, account holders will be required to set a 4-digit MPIN for Federal Bank Mobile Banking app – FedMobile.
How to use FedMobile– Federal Bank Mobile Banking Application?
- Customers can click on the “Find IFSC” button on the login page to get Federal Bank IFSC Code
- On the “Home” tab, customers can view their frequently-used services
- For quick one-time fund transfers, customers have the option of “Quick Pay” where funds can be directly transferred without adding other accounts as beneficiary. The transaction limit for this option can also be set by the customers under the “Quick Pay Limit” option available on the application
- To add beneficiaries to transfer funds to self-account or other account, customers can click on the “Transfer Funds” options on the home page. Customers have the option of NEFT & IMPS transfers
- Customers can set scheduled transactions on the home page as well
- To collect money from others via UPI, customers have a “UPI Collect” option under the Home tab
- Customers can recharge their mobiles, pay school fees, recharge DTH connections, pay gas bills, telephone bills, insurance payments, electricity bills, donations and find monthly subscriptions under the “Recharge and Pay Bills” option under the Home tab
- Customers have an option to view and manage their deposit accounts, avail loans against their deposit accounts, invest and manage their investments in mutual funds & insurance plans, avail personal loans, etc. under the “Loans and Investment” option in the Home tab
- Customers can also plan their travel directly from the Federal Bank mobile banking application. Customers have an option to book hotel rooms, bus tickets, etc. Customers can also see a summary of all bookings made through the application under the “My Bookings” option
- Customers can manage their debit cards under the “Manage Debit Card” option. Customers have an option to switch off/switch on the card, set a new PIN, change the PIN, mark transactions as favourite and block the card
- To get a mini statement of the account transactions, go to “Mini Statement” option on the Home tab
- Customers have an option to view their account summary under the “My Account” option
- The Federal Bank Mobile Banking application provides its customers with an option to scan QR codes and pay directly from the bank application under the “Scan and Pay” tab
What are the advantages of Federal Bank Mobile banking?
- With all the banking services customers can now access their accounts 24/7 without the hassle of waiting in long queues
- With a top-notch security system and software in place, Federal Bank has made mobile baking extremely safe for its customers
- Federal Bank Mobile Banking application has made it easier for its business customers to manage their accounts and payments by designing a separate application keeping their requirements in mind
- With the launch of FedBook, customers can now update and view their passbooks out of the comfort of their homes
Federal Bank Mobile Banking FAQs
Q. Is it important to add a Federal Bank customer as a beneficiary to transfer funds to the account?
A. Yes, for all transactions over Rs. 5,000, the account must be added as a beneficiary. Transactions under Rs. 5,000 can be done via quick pay.
Q. Are there any service charges on fund transfer?
A. Yes, account holder will be charged nominal service charges depending on the transaction amount. Details are furnished below.
|Type||Amount range (in Rs.)||Charge (in Rs.)|
|NEFT||0 – 10,000||2.5|
|10,001 – 100,000||5|
|100,001 – 200,000||15|
|RTGS||200,000 – 500,000||25|
Q. What is Quick Pay feature in FedMobile?
A. For quick one-time fund transfers, customers have the option of “Quick Pay” where funds can be directly transferred without adding other accounts as beneficiary. The transaction limit for this option can also be set by the customers under the “Quick Pay Limit” option available on the application.
Q. What is MMID?
A. MMID or Mobile Money Identification Number is a 7-digit number. It is like a unique identification number that is a combination of the bank account number and the phone number
Q. What is the limit of fund transfer in a day in FedMobile?
A. Limit for bill payments in FedMobile is Rs.10000.