- Maestro debit cards feature the latest card security technology.
- Forget the troubles of carrying a lot of cash when you go out.
- Get 24*7 assistance in case you lose your debit card without any hassles.
- No fumbling for cash and waiting for change at the merchant’s till, just swipe your Maestro debit card at POS terminals worldwide and enjoy easy as well as quick access to the money in your bank account.
- Maestro debit cards are widely accepted around the globe. They can be used for withdrawing money from ATMs and also for making transactions at POS terminals and e-commerce websites worldwide.
- There is a record for every penny you spend. Track your monthly spends/transactions and get itemised account statement every month with details about transaction amount, date, time and merchant’s name.
- Use your Maestro debit card for making safe and secure online transactions on national as well as international websites around the world
- Get additional security for your transactions with MasterCard SecureCode’s 2-factor authentication feature on your Maestro debit card.
- There is no pre-set limit on the monthly transactions you can make with your Maestro debit card.
Established in 1992, Maestro is a multi-national debit cards provider that is currently owned by MasterCard. Maestro debit cards are acquired from their associate banks and can be linked to the card holder’s current account. Maestro debit cards can be used to make transactions at any Point of Sale (POS) terminal that features the MasterCard/Maestro logo. The transactions thus made need to be authorised by the concerned card provider bank which ensures that the customer has adequate amount in his/her account to complete the transaction. Cardholder also has to confirm the transaction by entering a 4 digit PIN to authorise the transaction. Maestro is MasterCard’s main debit brand which is similar to VISA debit cards. In most countries, Maestro cards are viewed as MasterCard’s tertiary cards which require payment authorization like a regular debit card. Maestro debit card transactions are secured with chip or magnetic stripe which links to the information on the respective card provider bank which approves the final transaction. Based on this encrypted information, a POS transaction is authorised.
About Maestro Debit Cards
Most of the major banks issue maestro debit cards to its customers and Maestro cards are accepted at over 1.5 crore POS terminals. It is one the most popular PIN debit cards in terms of payment security and usage. Maestro debit cards are widely accepted at over 13 million merchant outlets across India as well as at over 100 countries worldwide.
Why choose Maestro Debit Cards
Types of Maestro Debit Cards
The following are the various Maestro debit cards offered by various Indian Banks to its customers.
Indian Bank Maestro Debit Card
Indian Bank, a leading public sector bank in India, is a popular choice for those seeking a Maestro debit card for their unique requirements. The following are the key features of this debit card:
- Enjoy higher daily cash withdrawal and POS/online transaction limit of Rs.25000 on your Indian Bank Maestro Card.
- Get secured transactions with PIN based authentication at all POS terminals and online merchant webistes across the country
- Indian Bank Maestro Card can be used for making bill payments, online shopping, dining, booking railway tickets and much more.
Federal Bank Maestro Debit Card
Federal Bank, a leading private sector bank based out of Southern India, offers Maestro debit cards to its customers across India. The following are some of the key features of the Federal Bank Maestro debit card:
- Avail enhanced cash withdrawal limit of Rs.50000 per day at all ATMs across India.
- Enjoy daily transaction limit of Rs.75000 at all POS terminals and online merchant websites established across the country.
- Get total spending limit of Rs. 1.25 lakhs
- Get highly secure and quick access to your savings and current accounts. Federal Bank Maestro debit card can be used in over 100 countries across the world.
- For added security, get PIN based authentication facility at all POS terminals within India.
- All Federal Bank customers except those no frills SB freedom account holders can easily apply for Federal Bank Maestro debit card.
Bank of Baroda Maestro Credit Card
Bank of Baroda, one of India’s largest banks with a significant overseas presence, is offering Maestro debit cards which double up as ATM cards to its numerous customers. The following are the key features of BoB’s Maestro debit card:
- Get enhanced shopping limit of Rs. 50000 per day at POS terminals and e-commerce websites using the Bank of Baroda Maestro debit card.
- Maximum daily cash withdrawal limit is Rs. 25000 at all ATMs across India.
- For convenient and hassle free shopping, dining out and travelling experience, use your Bank of Baroda Maestro debit cards in India and across the globe at around 16 million outlets. Get added securtity for your transactions with PIN based authorization at POS terminals in India.
- Inform about your stolen or lost card anytime, anywhere with the 24*7 assistance in order to get the current card blocked and ask for a replacement.
Syndicate Bank Global Maestro Debit Card
Syndicate Bank, well known in India for its strong customer service, offers its Maestro debit card to account holders from different walks of life. The following is the key feature of this Syndicate Bank Maestro debit card:
- Syndicate Bank Global Maestro Debit Card holders can transact money at over 10 lakh ATMs globally and can be used for foreign transactions at over 29 million merchant outlets worldwide.
- Enjoy higher cash withdrawal and transaction limit
- Secure your transactions at POS terminals and e-commerce websites with PIN-based authentication.
- Indian nationals, foreigners, NRIs and students above the age of 15 who have individual or joint savings/current/overseas accounts in Syndicate Bank are eligible to apply for a Syndicate Bank Global Maestro Debit Card.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I apply for a Meastro debit card?
Maestro is a part of the MasterCard brand and your of your current or savings bank account. You need to have a savings or current account at any bank which offers Maestro debit card. In order to enquire more about maestro debit cards, you can get in touch with your nearest bank branch.
Where will I find a maestro logo on my debit card?
Your debit card will either have a Maestro symbol at the front or at the back of the card. If in case you do not find a Maestro symbol on your card, then you can contact your bank representative and ask them if they have ties with Maestro program.
What can I do if my card gets stolen or lost?
You can contact your bank respresentative immediately to report the issue.You can also temporarily block your debit card if you think that you have misplaced it somewhere. In order to avoid any fraudulent transactions, report about the issue as soon as you can. Bank will issue you a new card at a nominal fee.
What if I want to make a transaction of higher amount which is not present in my savings account using my Maestro debit card?
Using Maestro debit card you can only withdraw money which is present in your bank account. Hence in this situation, you will not be able to make a transaction. However, some banks give overdraft facility to their customers which helps them in the time of fund emergency.