Union Bank Net Banking is an electronic payments portal which enables the Union Bank account-holders to access their account online, transfer funds, open deposits, manage trading accounts and a lot more. With digital banking portals, the bank promotes 24×7 convenient banking at any time and from anywhere. But, net-banking is only accessible by customers who have registered for the service at the bank. Let us find out more about Union Bank Net-banking service.
Features of Union Bank Net Banking
- Provides easy access to financial as well as non-financial banking services
- Enables you to access account balance and other details anytime
- Make bill payments and fund transfer to other accounts
- Manage mortgages, loans, savings a/c linked to the bank account
- Safe and secure mode of banking
- Protected with unique ID and password
- Set-up or cancel automatic recurring payments and standing orders
- Keep a check on investments linked to the bank account
Services Available at Union Bank Net-banking
Union Bank net-banking is not just making financial transactions easy but also making banking convenient. Here are some of the primary services provided by Union Bank on its net-banking portal.
|Services Available at Union Bank Net Banking
|View/Update Account Details
|View Account Statements
|View Mini Statement
|Fund Transfer within Union Bank
|Fund Transfer to other bank’s account
|Update Nomination & PAN Details
|Update Aadhaar Card Details
|Change Log-in Password
|Demand Draft Requests
|Online Loan Application
|Open Fixed/Recurring Deposits
|Union e-Tax Payments
|Utility Bill Payments
|NEFT/RTGS Timing & Charges
|Online Account Opening
|Invest in Government Schemes
|Generate CIBIL Score
|Instant Personal Loans
|View Settlement Calendar E-instruction
|Manage Demat Account
|Book Train Tickets
|Invest in Mutual Funds
|Make Credit Card Bill Payments
How To Register For Union Bank Net-banking
Any Union Bank account-holder can apply for net-banking through the given sources:
- If you have a debit card, you can create the User-ID and password using Self User Creation system available on Union Bank’s official net-banking website
- If you don’t have a debit card, you can create the User-ID and password without visiting the bank by Self User Creation system. In this case, you should choose the ‘register without an ATM card’ option. But, you will not be able to make any transaction using net-banking. You will only have access to non-financial services like view account details, etc.
- If you are a corporate user, you need to visit your home branch, fill the Union Bank Net-banking Application Form and wait for activation
How To Activate Union Bank Net-banking (Self User Creation)
Here are the steps of activating Union Bank Net-banking through Self User Creation module-
- Visit the official Union Bank Net-banking website
- Select the ‘Self User Creation’ option displayed on the right-hand side of the homepage
- On the next screen, select from the two options and then click on ‘Continue’
- Online Self User Creation – Retail users having a debit card
- Online Self User Creation (view only facility) – Retail users without debit card
- Now, enter the required details such as account number, DOB, PAN, and click on ‘Continue’
- Next, enter your debit card number, PIN, any one of the last five transactions amount and type. Click ‘Submit’
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number to authenticate and then click on ‘Submit’
- On the next screen, your User-ID and name as per the records will be displayed. Verify and then click on ‘Continue’
- After that, you can set your login and transaction password. Click on ‘Submit’
It takes around 24 hours for the bank to validate your request and register your account for net-banking services. A confirmation message will be sent to your registered mobile number once the process has been completed. You can log-in to Union Bank Net-banking with your user-ID and password after 48 hours.
Also Read: Union Bank Mobile Banking
How To Reset Union Bank Net-banking Password
In case you want to reset/change your Union Bank Net-banking password, follow these steps-
- Go to the official net-banking website of Union Bank
- Select the ‘Forgot/Reset Password’ option on the right-hand side of the homepage
- On the next screen, you will find two options-
- Online reset of login/transaction password – Retail users having a debit card
- Online reset of login password – Retail users without a debit card
You can also get a printed password through courier. Select the option for print password on the page and continue.
- Click ‘Continue’ and then enter your User ID, Account Number, DOB, and PAN. Again, click ‘Continue’
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and authenticate
- Now, select whether you want to change the login password or transaction password. Enter the new password and submit
- You will receive a confirmation message via SMS or Email. After that, you can log-in using your new password
Methods to Enable/Disable Net-banking Password
To enable or disable your net-banking password, the following steps should be followed from user’s registered mobile number-
SMS (for retail users):
- Enable- Type URET ENA (User ID) and send it to 09223008485
- Disable- Type URET DIS (User ID) and send it to 09223008485
SMS (for corporate users):
- Enable- Type UCORP ENA (Corp ID) (User ID) and send to 09223008485
- Disable- Type UCORP DIS (Corp ID) (User ID) and send to 09223008485
Enabling password via call centre-
- India Toll-free no.: 1800-208-2244 / 1800-22-22-44
- Chargeable contact no.: 080-61817110
Benefits of Union Bank Net-banking
Some of the key advantages of Union Bank net-banking are-
- Internet banking is not time-specific. You can avail banking services online 24×7 without visiting the bank
- It is a convenient mode of fund transfer and bill payments. It has made fund transfer quick and easy. Customers can register for internet banking service at the bank and enjoy all the banking services via the internet
- Users are enabled to transfer funds instantly, especially if both the accounts are held at Union Bank. Funds can be transferred via NEFT, RTGS, or IMPS service.
- Internet banking users can avail non-financial services such as balance check, account statement check, etc.
How To Transfer Funds via NEFT using Union Bank Net-banking
National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT) service enables the users to transfer funds from anywhere to any NEFT-enabled bank in India. This service is time-bound at the bank but, it can be availed at any time from anywhere using net-banking. Here is how one can transfer funds via NEFT using Union Bank Net-banking:
Step 1: Log-in to the official net-banking website of Union Bank
Step 2: From the main menu, select ‘Transfers’ and then click on ‘NEFT/RTGS’
Step 3: Select the ‘Make a New Payment’ option
Step 4: If you have already added the beneficiary, enter his/her details and proceed.
(If you haven’t added the beneficiary then click on ‘Register Beneficiary’. Then, add beneficiary details such as name, account number, IFSC code, branch details, etc. Click on ‘Add Payee’ and confirm the beneficiary. Post that, a tracker ID will be sent to the payee’s registered mobile number via SMS.)
Step 5: Enter all the required information and click ‘Pay’
Step 6: Now, enter your transaction password and then ‘Validate’ details
Step 7: After a successful transfer, a confirmation message will be sent to your registered mobile number
How to Pay Credit Card Bill via Union Bank NEFT Online
Follow the given steps to pay your credit card bill through NEFT on Union Bank Net-banking website-
- Log-in to your net-banking account using your user ID and password
- Go to ‘Transfers’ and click on ‘NEFT/RTGS’
- Now, you need to add the credit card to the beneficiary/payee list
- Enter the IFSC code of your credit card
- In account number column, enter the 16-digit credit card number
- Enter the bank name and bank address of the credit card company or bank
- Click ‘Submit’ and your transaction will be processed
Union Bank Net-banking Customer Care
For any net-banking related queries or complaints, you can dial the Union Bank Net-banking customer care number, available 24×7:
- Union Bank Toll-free Number in India- 1800 208 2244/1800 22 22 44
- Union Bank Chargeable Customer Care No.- +91-80-61817110
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How can I use Union Bank internet banking?
To use Union Bank Net- banking, you must have an operating account in any bank or a financial institution. You can use the Self User Creation system available on the net-banking website to generate your user ID and passwords. Or, you can download the net-banking application form from Union Bank’s net-banking website or visit the bank and fill in the form.
Q. Can I change my Union Bank Net-banking password?
Once you have logged in for the first time, it is mandatory to change the password which is issued by the bank. You can change the transaction as well as login password anytime.
Q. What precautions should be taken while using Union Bank Internet Banking?
While using Union Bank Net-banking, you must make sure of a few things-
- Avoid using public Wi-Fi or use a VPN software
- Use a genuine anti-virus software
- Make sure the operating system of your smartphone or device is updated
- Change your login password at least once in two months
- Avoid logging in to your net-banking portal via mailers
- Do not use public computers to log in to the net-banking portal
Q: Can account holders avail banking facilities on their mobile phone as well?
Yes, Union Bank provides Union Bank Net-banking app using which the customers can avail all the banking facilities on-the-go. Account-holders can download the Union Bank Mobile App from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
Q: Does Union Bank charge for Internet Banking?
No, the bank does not charge the customer for availing internet banking facilities. However, if one opts for funds transfer to other accounts via NEFT, RTGS or IMPS, the charges are decided by the individual member banks.