Net banking has brought a drastic change in the way banks provide services to the customer. Banking is now made convenient, easy and available 24×7 for the customers. Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Net Banking system enables its users to avail a wide range of banking products and services from anywhere, at any time. Customers can enjoy online fund transfer via NEFT, RTGS or IMPS, check their account balance, make utility bill payments, etc. using Tamildnad Mercantile Net Banking. Let us find out more about it.
Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Net Banking
Tamilnad Mercantile Bank has embraced new technology and brought efficient net banking facility for its customers. You can transfer the fund through NEFT, RTGS, IMPS or UPI, hence eliminating the need to write cheques. Bill payments like electricity bill, gas bill, the phone bill is also a click away. You can also give a mandate for a standing instruction to pay your utility bills every month. You can order the demand draft through net banking. Nonetheless, to avail the net-banking service, it is mandatory for all the customers to register at the bank. Below are the details of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank net banking facility.
Services Available at Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Net Banking
Given below are some of the key services available at Tamilnad Mercantile Net Banking for the customers who have registered for net-banking service.
|Services Available at Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Net Banking|
|Check Account Balance||View Mini Statement||View Transaction History||Fund Transfer within TMB||Fund Transfer to other bank’s account|
|Online Bill Payments||Online Tax Payments||Online Aadhaar Registration||Demand Draft Request||NPS Payment|
|Avail Digital Passbook||Update PAN Details||Change Log-in Password||Online Loan Application||Open Fixed/Recurring Deposit|
|Manage Demat Account||SMS Banking||Invest in Mutual Funds||Buy Insurance||Branch/ATM Locator|
How to Register for Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Net Banking
- You have to approach your Tamilnad Mercantile Bank branch with your bank details and registered mobile number
- Fill up the details in the net banking form carefully. Make sure to mention your mobile number accurately, as the same will be treated as “Registered Mobile Number” for future transactions
- You can submit the duly filled form at the branch. The bank will activate your registration shortly
- After activation, you can visit the login page of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Net Banking
- Click on “Register for New User”
- Read and accept terms and conditions by clicking on the “Agree” button
- Enter your bank account number, date of birth, PAN number and verification code and click on the “Continue” button
- Enter the OTP (One Time Password) received on your registered mobile number to activate your net banking account
How to Reset Password of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Net Banking
You can reset your password online or offline, in case you forget Tamilnad Mercantile Bank net banking password.
Reset Password Online
- Go to the login page of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank net banking
- Click on “Forgot Password”
- Enter your account number
- Answer the secret questions you had set previously
- The process will be self-guided to create your new password
Reset Password Offline
- Go to the login page of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank net banking
- Click on “Forgot Password” and then select “Set Offline”
- Enter your user id, bank account number, email id and mobile number in the required field
- Clicking on the “Continue” button will submit your request to reset the password to your branch
How to Transfer Funds using Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Net Banking?
Tamilnad Mercantile Net Banking users can transfer funds via NEFT, RTGS, or IMPS service. To process transfer, one needs to add beneficiary by entering the beneficiary details such as account number, IFSC code, bank and branch name, etc. Here are the steps of transferring funds via TMB Net Banking-
Step 1: Log-in to the official net-banking website of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank
Step 2: From the main menu, select ‘Transfers’ and then click on ‘NEFT/RTGS/IMPS’
Step 3: Select the ‘Make a New Payment’ option
Step 4: If you have already added the beneficiary, select his/her name and proceed
(If you haven’t added the beneficiary then click on ‘Register Beneficiary’. Then, add beneficiary details such as name, account number, IFSC code, branch details, etc. Click on ‘Add Payee’ and confirm the beneficiary. Post that, a tracking ID will be sent to the payee’s registered mobile number via SMS.)
Step 5: Enter all the required information and click ‘Pay’
Step 6: Now, enter your transaction password and then ‘Validate’ details
Step 7: After a successful transfer, a confirmation message will be sent to your registered mobile number
Features and Benefits of Tamilnad Mercantile Net Banking Account
|Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Net Banking Features||Description|
Precautions While Using Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Net Banking
- It is strongly recommended to keep your password secret. Even bank staff is not authorized to ask or know your password
- Always update your bank when you change your mobile number. Bank frequently sends SMS to verify your identity and update you regarding your account details
- Public Wi-Fi is not advisable to access your banking services. Use your mobile data or data card instead, to carry out Tamilnad Mercantile Bank net banking
- Never forget to log out and close the browser while using netbanking on a shared
- To access Tamilnad Mercantile Bank net banking, type the website address of the bank directly in the address bar of the browser. Never click the link to use netbanking. If you click on the fraudulent link, your user id and password may be misused to steal your money
- To convince yourself for the correct website, you can check that the browser address begins with https. Moreover, check the padlock symbol on the status bar
- Phishing attacks are very common to steal netbanking credentials. Never reply to an email, phone or SMS that asks your personal details or password, even if someone claims to talk on behalf of the bank
Precautions to Reset Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Net Banking Password
- While you change or reset net banking password, keep account related information like your user id, account number and register mobile number ready with you. Bank uses this information to validate your identity online
- Your login password and OTP (One Time Password) is confidential to you. If you share it with anyone, your money in the account may be stolen
- Always create a smart password with a combination of letters and numbers. The smart password is easy to remember for self, but impossible to guess for anyone else
- Keep it a habit to change your Tamilnad Mercantile Bank netbanking password at regular periods. Never reset previously used passwords
- Your bank password should not be the same as that of social networking sites or another website. If your data at the social networking site is compromised, your bank account may be at risk if it has the same
Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Net Banking FAQs
Can I access Tamilnad Mercantile Bank net banking from any computer?
As far as the computer is connected with the internet, you can access your Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Netbanking facility by entering username and password. Make sure that the computer you use is free from malware or viruses.
How can I recover a lost password?
You can reset the new password with the help of your Tamilnad Mercantile bank debit card and registered mobile number. In case you find it difficult, you can visit the branch with your passbook or cheque and one ID proof. Bank officials will help you to do needful to reset a new password.
How do I connect with the customer care department of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank net banking?
You can call on toll-free number 1800 0425 0426 or 9842 461 461 for any resolution regarding Tamilnad Mercantile Bank net banking.
If I already have Tamilnad Mercantile Bank account, how can I avail net banking facility?
All you need to do is to fill up the registration form by visiting your Tamilnad Mercantile bank branch for availing the netbanking facility. Make sure to mention your regular mobile number in the form, as it will be used as your “Registered Mobile Number.”
What is the cost to use Tamilnad Mercantile Bank net banking?
There is no cost to use Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Netbanking. There may be transaction specific charges within limits specified by RBI.
I forgot my user id of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank net banking. How can I know it again?
You can log in to the home page of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Netbanking and click on “Forgot User Id.” Enter your user-id and verification code. Click on “Continue” to move ahead for the self-guiding process to retrieve your user id.
Why there is a virtual keyboard on the login page of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank net banking? When should I use it?
In case your computer is affected by malware, it could record your keystrokes to know your user id and password. With the virtual keyboard, you can click on characters on the screen instead of typing them on a physical keyboard of the computer. When you are using a shared computer, it is strongly recommended to use the virtual keyboard while accessing Tamilnad Mercantile bank netbanking.
What is the use of “Start In” drop-down menu on Tamilnad Mercantile Bank net banking home page?
“Start In” drop-down menu enables you to access your desired feature of Tamilnad Mercantile bank netbanking directly once you login. Hence it saves your time and effort to accomplish a specific task.
About Tamilnad Mercantile Bank
Tamilnad Mercantile Bank was started in 1921 as “The Nadar Bank Limited”. The bank had modest starting with four branches in Southern India. Today, it has 509 full-fledged branches with 12 regional offices and 1151 Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) across the country. The bank has a tie-up with HDFC Bank and IDBI bank to increase its network in India.