Axis Bank is India’s third largest private sector bank operating since 1993. The bank offers retail, corporate and international banking services to its customers. Axis bank’s net banking portal combines the convenience of online transactions along with a number of valuable services. Using this online banking feature, customers hold the power to control and maintain a track of each of their account’s transactions. Visiting bank is no longer required, as with the access to internet banking, customers can now manage numerous banking activities, such as to initiate savings accounts, open fixed deposit, pay bills, request for credit/debit cards, cheque book request, view account activity, as well as download past account statements online.
Axis Net Banking Features
- Fund Transfer – You can transfer funds through the online medium in a secure method using the access of online banking. It is interesting to know that, you can transfer funds within different Axis Bank accounts as well, as to non-Axis accounts without any hassle.
- Account Information – Any customer can quickly view his/her account related information in a simplistic manner. You can analyse your account balance, view past account statements, check details associated to Demat or Loan accounts, credit cards and much more.
- Access Service Requests – You can easily submit requests for new cheque book, demand drafts, redemption of reward points, Stop Cheque request and other banking options.
- Invest Online – Axis Bank Net Banking allows customers to view their overall banking portfolio managed by the bank, along with the offering of investment options like IPO, Fixed Deposit, etc.
- Advantages of Different Value-Added Services – This online banking portal provides few extra value-added advantages, such as settlement of utility bills, e-statement registration, mobile recharges, Credit Card (Visa) bill payments, SMS banking registration for alerts, etc.
Axis Bank Netsecure
At Axis Bank, the advance security feature to ensure safe online transactions is termed as Netsecure. As soon as the customer applies for Netsecure, he/she can create an OTP through SMS. This would be utilised as the transaction password associated to online transacting activity. Such a procedure tends to make the transaction even more safe and secure, since the customer is involved to approve every online transaction by manually entering the password.
1-Touch Device Netsecure: The customer has to generate Netsecure code with the help of 1-Touch device designated by the bank.
Netsecure using SMS: Considering this option, the Netsecure Code would be sent to the candidate’s registered mobile number. Presently, Axis Bank provides this service to only domestic customers.
Web Pin Option: In order to access a web pin, the customer has to record one or more of his/her regularly used computers. The customer is required to utilise the Web pin for acquiring the Netsecure code.
Mobi-Token: The customer is needed to install Axis Net secure application available on the Play Store or App Store for the generation of OTP. At present, Axis Bank presents this feature only to NRI customers.
Steps for Netsecure Registration:
- For Netsecure registration, the customers need to first list their mobile number in the bank records.
- For this, the customer is required to access the closest Axis Bank branch or ATM for their mobile number registration.
- If the candidate has already received mobile alerts delivered by the bank on his/her mobile phone, then it is evident that their phone number is registered already.
- After the listing of the mobile number, the customer is required to access the Axis Bank Net Banking portal and click on “Netsecure with SMS” tab.
- After the selection of “Netsecure with SMS” tab present on the registration screen, the Netsecure registration process is completed.
Netsecure Fees & Charges
It is important to note that, each of the customers applying for Netsecure would be asked to make a one-time payment of Rs. 1000 and do remember that this amount is non-refundable.
Mobile App for Netsecure
Customers are also offered the convenience to register for Netsecure via mobile app. For making a registration with Mobile App, the below mentioned steps need to be followed:
- Please make sure that you possess an IOS or Android phone for initiating Netsecure via mobile app.
- Focusing on domestic customers, it is necessary to check if their phone number has been listed with the bank or not. It is required to update your phone number which is in regular use. This is because all the alerts would be delivered to your registered mobile number only.
- For NRI customers, it is necessary to check, if the email address has been registered with the bank. Do take care of providing the commonly used email ID for all future updates.
- The above steps for domestic and NRI customers is basically for accessing Axis Bank Net Banking.
- On to the registration page, each customer is required to select “Netsecure with mobile App” tab.
- For existing customers, if they wish to transfer to “Netsecure with mobile app” facility, it can be managed using net banking service.
- You can access the app store for installing “Axis Netsecure” application in your mobile phones.
- Later, follow the steps under Internet Banking for completing the registration process.
How Do You Register for Axis Bank Internet Banking?
To register for Axis Bank Net Banking feature, you need to follow some simple steps. With the power of internet banking, customers are allowed to get rid of long queues at bank branches and easily manage their personal bank accounts 24×7 while sitting at home. For making an internet banking service registration follow these below mentioned steps:
- You need to login to Axis Bank’s net banking website. Access the tab that asks you to make a registration for Internet banking. The website would request you to feed your Customer ID, account Number and registered mobile number.
- Later, the customer has to validate his/her debit/credit card information. This is followed by providing an OTP that will be delivered to the customer’s registered email ID or mobile number.
- Following this, the customer is asked to form a password concerned with the Login purpose. Create a strong password after reading the password creation recommendations.
Axis Bank Net Banking Services
Apart from banking related dealings, the customer can even place different banking related requests using online banking. It includes stop cheque requests, new cheque book request, demand draft request, opening fixed deposit, receive e-statement along with SMS banking registration.
Q. Who all can register for Internet Banking offered by Axis Bank?
All individuals who manage savings account with Axis Bank are proven eligible to avail Internet Banking facility. Moreover, these customer shall avail complete access to operate his/her Internet banking account.
Q. How to generate online banking password if the customer forgets it?
Firstly, there is no need to panic as Axis Bank Net Banking makes it easy for customers to retrieve their lost password. Secondly, both customer ID and password can be generated online by contacting the customer care service. You need to validate your 16-digit ATM Card digits along with the ATM Pin.
Q. Is it safe to access online banking? What is the level of security Axis Bank follows to safeguard security of banking transactions?
Customers should know that, transaction safety measures by Axis Bank are quite reliable. The bank applies multiple stages of advanced protection comprising of 128-bit encryption, Netsecure code and double level of passwords to safeguard all your transactions.
Q. I think an unauthorised transaction has been carried out from my bank account? What should I do?
In case there is a suspicious transaction from your bank account without your consent, it is necessary that you report the issue with the bank. In such a situation, immediately send an email to email@example.com.
Q. Is it required to maintain a single User ID for different Axis Bank relationships?
For customers, only a single User ID is sufficient to carry out net banking transactions along with managing different bank relationships.
Q. Is it obligatory to register for Netsecure?
When a customer is about to access financial transactions, such as transfer funds, mobile recharge, bill payment etc., it becomes obligatory to make a registration for Netsecure. In case you do not register for Netsecure, carrying out such banking activities won’t be possible; however, you can only check your account information.
Q. How can I swap between two options available for Netsecure?
In case you need to change your Netsecure mode, this can be done by logging in your internet banking account. Simply click on “Register For” option and select the preferred mode.
Q. How to unregister from Netsecure?
In case you want to unregister from Net secure, an email needs to be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org using your registered email ID requesting the bank to cancel the Netsecure service. It is important for the customer to understand that, once he/she unregisters from Netsecure, they won’t be allowed to process any type of online financial transaction.
Q. What to do if you get an “Invalid OTP” prompt while entering Netsecure code?
In case you have entered a wrong Netsecure code, the screen would prompt “Invalid OTP”. Such an error can also turn up if you use a Netsecure Code which has already expired. Customers must keep a note that, each Netsecure Code holds a validity of 90 seconds.
Whenever you receive such an error message, simply click “On Call OTP” tab present on the screen to receive a fresh Netsecure code via automated voice call. This new OTP can be used to fulfill your transaction. Customers who offer an incorrect OTP for five consecutive times, their user ID would be suspended for 24 hours and no financial transaction would be permitted.
Q. Can a similar Netsecure Code be used more than once?
Considering security purposes, the customer wouldn’t be allowed to utilise a single Netsecure Code more than one time. Kindly note, a single Netsecure Code can only be used within 90 seconds without any scope of using it for another transaction.
Q. My OTP didn’t reach on time. What to do?
Axis Bank holds high end technology which works to offer instant SMS. But there might be cases when the OTP SMS does not reach timely. If the customer does not get the OTP SMS, he/she can click on “Resend OTP” tab to acquire the same Netsecure Code. This time again if there is no SMS received, you can access the “On Call OTP” tab for accessing the Netsecure Code via automated voice call. Here you will get the OTP through a phone call on your listed mobile number.
Q. I have received “Invalid Netsecure Code” prompt considering the code I accessed on my 1-Touch device. How to correct this?
The “Invalid Net Secure Code” prompt appears only when the customer delivers a wrong or expired OTP. This Net Secure Code is only valid for 90 seconds, and if you enter this code after that duration you would surely receive “Invalid Net Secure Code” prompt. It is advisable to enter a fresh Net Secure Code using your 1 Touch device. In case the error still prompts, access the “Resync” option for managing the device.
Q. What all measures should I take got making Net Banking safer?
Net banking does offer you a lot of perks, but it is always advisable to stay alert and aware. Here are certain steps that one must follow to make their experience safer:
- Always log out from Net Banking in case you are leaving your laptop or desktop.
- Create a strong password (6-8 digit) keeping alphanumeric characters. It is advisable to keep changing it on a frequent basis. Do not prefer obvious passwords and make sure you do not share it with anyone.
- Do not write your password on a paper or any other reachable source.
- If you speculate someone is aware of your password, simply access your net banking portal and change it immediately.
- Using internet in public places can be a threat. Do not leave your tab, laptop or desktop alone and stay alert to check if people are looking at your net banking activity.
- Always log off your Net Banking portal when the work is done.
- Customers should prefer accessing a Personal Firewall. This will restrict unknown people from using your computer and safeguard from harmful programmes that can prove dangerous.