Credit cards can turn out to be one of the best financial tools if you are starting your career. In India, the demand for credit cards has increased in recent time as people are now more aware of the challenges and misconceptions regarding credit cards. The young professionals these days prefer credit cards with low Annual Fee along with perks and privileges and where they also earn cashbacks every day. We have compiled a list of credit cards that are best for millennials, looking for some great discounts and deals.
|Credit Card||Annual Fee||Key Highlight|
|ICICI Amazon Pay||Nil||Amazon Prime members get 5% cashback on using Amazon.in. Non-Prime members get 3% cashback on using the same.|
|Standard Chartered DigiSmart||Rs.49 (Monthly fee, which is waived off on spending Rs.5000 in the previous month)||Get INOX movie vouchers up to Rs.1,000 on transactions of Rs.500 or more.|
|Paytm First Citi||Rs.500 (Waived off on spending Rs.50,000 or more in the membership year)||Avail 1% cashback on all the transactions made with this credit card.|
|American Express SmartEarn||Rs.495 (Waived off on spending Rs.40,000 in the previous year)||Earn 5x Reward Points on using Amazon, Swiggy and BookMyShow.|
|Citi Cash Back||Rs.500 + Service Tax||Avail 5% cashback on purchasing movie tickets, paying telephone bills and other utility bills.|
|SBI SimplyCLICK||Rs.499 (reversed on spending Rs.1,00,000 or more in the previous year)||Get 10x Reward Points on online spends on using Amazon, BookMyShow, Cleartrip and other brands.|
|HSBC Visa Platinum||Nil||Get a voucher worth Rs.2000 from Cleartrip and Swiggy voucher worth Rs.250 on the first transaction with this credit card.|
|HDFC Moneyback||Rs.500 + Service Tax||Earn 2x Reward Points on all the online spending with this credit card.|
|Kotak PVR Platinum||Rs.999 + Service Tax||Enjoy 2 movie tickets every month on spending Rs.10,000 in a month.|
|HDFC Times Titanium||Rs.500 + Service Tax||Avail 15% discount on select dining restaurants.|
Detailed features and benefits of these credit cards are:
Best Suited for: CashBack and Online Shopping (Amazon)
ICICI Amazon Pay credit card is best suited for cardholders who are Amazon Prime members. The credit card comes with lifetime free validity along with zero joining and annual fee.
- Get 2% cashback on Amazon partner merchants using this card
- Get 15% discount select dining restaurants in India
- Avail 1% cashback on all other payments
Best Suited for: Online and Grocery Shopping and Movies
Standard Chartered’s DigiSmart is all in one credit card packed with multiple offers by different brands with great deals on Zomato, Ola, Myntra and much more.
- Get INOX movie voucher worth Rs. 1000 on using the card at least 15 times
- Enjoy 20% discount on Myntra valid once in a month
- Avail 15% discount on using Ola Cab rides
Best Suited for: Cashback and Dining Benefits
Citi Bank in collaboration with Paytm has launched this credit card for selected customers only as of now. If you are looking for some entertainment privileges, this credit card might be a good option for you.
- Get cashback of Rs. 360 to your Paytm wallet
- Enjoy free meals on Ubereats worth Rs. 2400
- Avail 2 movie tickets at the price of 1 on every Friday with Paytm movies
Suggested Read: 8 Credit Cards in India with the Coolest Design
Best Suited for: Reward Points and Online Shopping
American Express SmartEarn credit card is designed for individuals who want to earn reward points with every spending. As a welcome gift, the card gives Rs. 500 as cashback on spending Rs. 10,000 in the first 90 days of card issuance.
- Get 10x membership rewards points earned on every Rs. 50 spent
- Avail 5x membership reward points on every Rs. 50 spent
- Earn 1 Membership Reward Point on every Rs. 50 spent
Best Suited for: Cash Back and Dining Privileges
Citi Cash Back credit card is suitable for young adults who are exclusively looking for cash backs on every spending. The card not only gives cashback but also helps in big savings, wherever you spend.
- Avail 0.5% cashback on all other spends apart from utility bills
- The cashback earned does not get expired
- Get a discount of up to 15% on dining restaurants
Best Suited for: Online Shopping and Reward Points
An excellent credit card for online rewards online shopping, SBI SimplyCLICK also offers some great reward points on using this card. The card comes with benefits on partner brands like Amazon.in, BookMyShow, Cleartrip and Foodpanda.
- Avail welcome gift voucher worth Rs. 500 from Amazon
- 40% discount on UrbanClap for first-time users
- Enjoy 5x reward points on all the online spends
Best Suited for: Online Shopping and Cashback
If you are looking for a basic credit card that comes with offers and privileges on shopping, this might just be the right option for you. The card has zero joining and annual fee.
- Get Rs. 2000 cashback on spending Rs. 10,000 or more within the first 3 months of card issuance
- Earn 2 Reward Points on every Rs. 150 spent
- Enjoy Travel benefits on Singapore Airlines via Air Miles Conversion
Best Suited for: Reward Points and Cashback
Another great credit card for shopping, HDFC Moneyback is packed with cashback and reward points. The cashback earned with this credit card can be utilized for shopping or get converted into direct statement credit.
- Get a gift voucher worth Rs. 500 on making all retail purchases
- First-year fee reversal on spending Rs. 10,000 within 90 days of card issuance
- Avail 50 days of Interest-Free days from the date of purchase
Best Suited for: Movies and Reward Points
For all the movie lovers, Kotak PVR Platinum is a great card. You get free 24 movie tickets in a year with zero joining fee.
- You get access to PVR Shield, which means your card is protected from any fraud transactions
- Get Add-on credit card for your family members
- You can set the credit limit of this credit card according to your financial needs
Best Suited for: Movies and Dining
HDFC Times Titanium credit card comes with an annual fee of Rs. 500 along with entertainment privileges and movie discounts.
- Enjo15% discount on dining bills
- Get 25% discount on movies
- Insurance benefit up to Rs. 50 lakh for accidental death
What We Say
Selecting the right credit card should include certain things: the annual fee, rewards, savings and benefits. Since the list mentioned above are cards for the young professionals, it remains important to consider the Annual / Joining fee of any credit card. Whatever amount that you chose to pay for the credit card be sure that you get your money’s worth. Utilize all the benefits and reward points that any credit card has to offer.