HSBC Cashback Credit Card – Features
Cashback Offer: Users earn cashback in the following ways:
- 1.5% cashback on all online spends (excluding transfer to online wallets)
- 1% on all other spends
- No maximum cap on cashback
- Cashback is also earned on Instant EMI as long it is used at listed merchant
- The cashback earned is credited back within 45 days of card statement date
Joining Fee: There is no joining fee on this card.
Annual Fee Waiver: The annual fee of Rs. 750 is waived if annual spends exceed Rs. 1 Lakh in the preceding year.
Dining Offer: Users can get discounts up to 15% when dining at partner restaurants in major cities. Click here to see the list of participating restaurants.
Contactless Payment: VISA Paywave technology allows users to make contactless payments.
Equated Monthly Instalment (EMI) Offer: Users can settle their credit card bill through EMIs. Also, this facility can be used to settle Balance Transfer amount, cash loan, Loan-on-Phone, and so on.
Suggested Read: Credit Card Balance Transfer in India
HSBC Cashback Credit Card – Benefits
Introductory Offer: The following introductory offers can be availed by users:
- Swiggy- 20% discount on orders above Rs. 400. Offer can be availed once per month, Max. discount is Rs. 100
- Amazon- 5% discount on transactions of Rs. 1,000 or more. Max. Rs. 250 can be availed per month. There are no restrictions on the number of transactions.
The offers are valid from 1st January 2020 to 31st March 2020.
Lounge Access: Users will be eligible for up to 6 complimentary* airport lounge visits or meals at airport restaurants on the first transaction.
Suggested Read: Top 6 Credit Cards That Offer Amazing Cashback
*Get 2 airport lounge access to Domestic and International lounges or 2 meal vouchers of INR 400 each for use at airport restaurants on first transaction on the HSBC Credit Card. The first transaction should be executed by 5 May 2020. The above calculation is based on 1 Primary and 2 Supplementary cards.
HSBC Cashback Credit Card – Fees & Charges
The fees and charges are given below:
|Annual Fee||Rs. 750 (reversed on spending Rs. 1 Lakh in the previous year)|
|Add-on Fee (per annum)||Nil|
|Finance Charges||3.3% p.m. (39.6% p.a.) computed from the date of transaction|
|Interest-Free Credit Period||Up to 45 days|
|Minimum Payment Due (MPD) on extended credit usage||5% of the total payment due to the statement plus greater of past due or over limit due (if any), subject to a minimum of Rs. 100. Interest will be charged on the extended credit as per terms and conditions|
|Duplicate Statement Request||Rs. 100 per statement (beyond last 3 months)|
|Charge in case of cheque bounce, standing instruction dishonored or unsuccessful payment through ECS||Rs. 350|
|Transaction fee for cash advances||2.5% of transaction amount (subject to a minimum of Rs. 300)|
|Late Payment Charges||Minimum Payment Due Amount|
Till Rs. 500 – Fine of Rs. 400
B/w Rs. 500 & Rs. 1,000 – Fine of Rs. 500
Above Rs. 1,000 – Fine of Rs. 750
|Over Limit Fee||Rs. 500 per month|
|Foreign Currency Transaction Fee||3.50% of the amount|
HSBC Cashback Credit Card – Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria to avail HSBC Cashback credit card are:
- Applicants must be over 18 years of age and below 65 years of age
- Annual Income must be over Rs. 4.00 lakh
- Only Indian residents can get this credit card
Customers of the following cities only can apply – Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, New Delhi, Mumbai, Noida and Pune
HSBC Cashback Credit Card – How to Apply
Follow the steps given below to apply for this credit card:
- To start the application process, click here
- Provide the required details and proceed
- You will now be able to see all the credit cards that they want to apply for
- Look for HSBC Cashback Credit Card and click on Check Eligibility
- Tick if they have applied for an HSBC credit card in the past 6 months. It is recommended that you wait six months before reapplying for an HSBC credit card
- If eligible, proceed with the application by providing personal details and employment details
- HSBC Bank will get in touch with you to collect KYC documents
Once the details are verified, the bank will dispatch the credit card.
HSBC Cashback Credit Card FAQs
How long does it take to receive this HSBC credit card?
HSBC takes about 3 weeks to process the credit card application. Post-approval, it will take an additional 7 days for the card to reach the customer.
What is the annual fee on HSBC Cashback credit card?
The annual fee on this credit card is Rs. 750 which will be waived if the user spends Rs. 3.00 lakh in the previous year.
What is the foreign currency mark-up fee on HSBC Cashback credit card?
The markup fee is 3.50% of the amount transacted.
How can one track the credit card once it has been dispatched by the bank?
Customers can track their credit card after it has been dispatched by the bank by following the given steps:
- Go to the courier service website, DHL/Blue Dart (Check the SMS to know which courier service is being used)
- Enter your Airway Bill on the portal
- Click on Track to check the delivery status