For all customers of Punjab National Bank, easy money transfer through NEFT or National Electronic Fund Transfer is available. It is possible for customer to make transactions using internet banking and mobile banking to other banks that are NEFT-enabled in India. These transactions may require you to pay standard PNB NEFT charges and are settled in a batch-wise system every half hour (as per RBI).
What are PNB NEFT Charges?
No transaction charges are applied on NEFT transfers initiated online via internet banking and/or mobile banking. The standard Punjab National Bank NEFT Fees & Charges are applied on transfers initiated at the bank:
|Transaction amount||Transaction fees|
|Up to Rs. 10000||Rs.2.50 + GST|
|Above Rs. 10,000 up to Rs. 1 Lakh||Rs.5.00 + GST|
|Above Rs.1 Lakh up to Rs. 2 Lakh||Rs.15.00 + GST|
|Above Rs.2 Lakh||Rs.25.00 + GST|
GST Charges are levied on all PNB NEFT Charges. These charges are applied to every transaction that is carried out.
PNB NEFT Charges are not applicable on any transactions processed inward.
How to transfer funds using PNB NEFT Facilities?
Follow the simple steps mentioned below to carry out your NEFT Transaction with PNB:
- On the PNB Website, log in to your internet banking account.
- Click on transactions and choose the NEFT tab under “Transfer to Other Bank Accounts”.
- You will be taken to the payment page where you have to enter the beneficiary account number, NEFT transfer amount, IFSC Code and other required details.
- Then click on ‘Continue’
- Then you are taken to a confirmation page where you can check the details and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
For every transaction that is successful, you will see a message on the screen and will also receive a reference number. You will have the option of saving this confirmation message as PDF and to mail it to your ID as well.
What details are required to carry out PNB NEFT Transactions?
You will require the following details for every NEFT Transaction:
- 16 digit beneficiary account number.
- Payee Name
IFSC Code of the Beneficiary’s bank.
How to Register a Beneficiary in Punjab National Bank?
Before carrying out a PNB NEFT Transfer, you have to register the beneficiary using the following steps:
- Log into your net banking account on the PNB website by providing your username and password.
- Click on ‘Transactions’ and choose ‘Beneficiary Management’.
- Then choose ‘Manage Beneficiary’
- Under ‘Manage Beneficiary’, choose the ‘Add NEFT Payee’ option
- Fill in all the necessary beneficiary details as required.
- Then click on the “Validate’ button followed by the ‘Continue’ option.
What are PNB NEFT Timings?
You can avail PNB NEFT facilities 24×7, for 365 days. It is also available on holidays. NEFT transactions after usual banking hours of banks are expected to be automated transactions initiated using ‘Straight Through Processing (STP)’ modes by the banks.
As per the Reserve Bank of India, there will be 48 half-hourly batches every day. The settlement of the first batch will commence after 00:30 hours and the last batch will end at 00:00 hours.
What are the minimum and maximum NEFT Transactions allowed?
With PNB, there are is no minimum amount for the NEFT Transactions carried out. Normally, the maximum PNB NEFT transfer allowed is Rs. 500 lakh.
Benefits of PNB NEFT Transfer
There are several benefits of PNB NEFT Transfer such as:
- Almost zero risk transfer option.
- It is a convenient and reliable method to transfer funds.
- The fund transfers are managed entirely by the Reserve Bank of India which makes it a well-grounded system and a completely dependable option.
- PNB NEFT charges are very affordable making it a hassle-free and practical option to transfer any funds.
If there are any glitches when transferring the funds, the amount is credited bank into your account as quickly as possible.