Bank of India (BOI) has devised a user-friendly net banking system that enables its customers to carry out financial transactions with the bank or through the bank from the remotest areas with complete ease. Using BOI Netbanking service, account holders can avail various services including BOI balance enquiry, mini statement, fund transfer, utility bill payment and much more.
What are the Services Offered by BOI Netbanking?
In order to provide convenience to all its account holders, BOI introduced the net banking facility for all its account holders. With BOI Netbanking, account holders can avail various banking services from the convenience of their home or workplace. Customers will only be required to do registration and then login with their credentials to avail the following services:
|Services Available at Bank of India Net Banking|
|Check Account Balance||View Account Statements||View Mini Statement||Fund Transfer within Bank of India|
|Fund Transfer to other bank’s account||Update Nomination & PAN details||Update Aadhaar Details||Demand Draft Request|
|Manage Trading Account||Invest in Government Schemes||ATM Card Hotlisting||Open Fixed/Recurring Deposit|
|Make Utility Bill Payments||Cheque Book Status Inquiry||ATM PIN Change||Pay Taxes|
|Instant Loans||Online Account Opening||Avail Insurance||Make Credit Card Bill Payments|
What is StarToken?
BOI Customers can carry out net banking simply by visiting the BOI official website and then clicking on retail netbanking option and logging in using the credentials.
Alternatively, users can use StarToken platform for BOI net banking.
StarToken, secured by REL-ID, is a next generation secure digital banking app for all online banking needs. It provides the convenience, security and uniform experience across all devices including desktops, laptops, smartphones and tablets through the apps medium to deliver services. Bank of India has made use of StarToken mandatory to all the customers who perform net-banking activities such as online transactions, tax payment, online shopping etc. This is to ensure security of all the confidential data and to protect users from any financial fraud.
How to Download and Activate StarToken?
Step 1: For activation of StarToken keep the Activation Credentials handy which is used for activating the StarToken app for the first time.
Step 2: Go to Bank of India’s Retail Internet Banking website and login using the credentials. Customer will be redirected StarToken-NG window
Step 3: Tap on “Download Now” to download and install StarToken on the computer.
Step 4: StarToken Installer will be downloaded on the computer. Double click on StarToken installer to install StarToken on the machine. Click on “Run” to proceed further.
After successful installation, StarToken Shortcut will appear on the desktop.
Step 5: Double click on the StarToken icon on the desktop to start the application and click on Login.
StarToken will secure the computer and establish connection to StarToken server.
Step 6: Enter the userID and click on “Submit”.
Ensure that the verification key displayed in the activation window is same as the verification key received from Bank of India.
Step 7: If the verification keys match, select the “Verification key is correct” option.
Step 8: Type the Activation Code and tap on “Submit”.
In case the verification keys do not match, then tap ‘Exit’ and get in touch with Bank of India Customer Care. One can also regenerate the verification key by selecting the Generate Verification code option and then clicking on “Reset option”.
One will receive an acknowledge message and thus can login with new verification key received on registered mobile number.
Step 9: After successful login set up Security Question and Answer and click on “Submit”.
Step 10: Set 4 digit StarToken PIN and click on ‘’Submit”.
StarToken is ready to be used. For any further assistance regarding BOI Net banking registration or for any queries contact BOI Customer Care.
How to Reset StarToken PIN?
One can reset his/her StarToken PIN by following the below mentioned steps:
Step 1: Enter the User ID and type the wrong PIN 3 times.
Step 2: Restart StarToken-NG.
Step 3: Click “Yes” when asked “Do you want to reset your account?”
Step 4: Enter OTP received on registered mobile number.
Step 5: Enter the Security Answer.
Step 6: Login again with the new Verification Key & Activation Code received on registered mobile number.
Step 7: Set the new security question and answer and new StarToken-NG PIN.
How to Transfer Funds through BOI NetBanking?
Bank of India has been a pioneer in setting up online banking environment for the banks operating in India and as a result, almost all local banks can transfer funds in between them using IMPS, RTGS and NEFT payment methods. However, for the purpose of transferring funds between Bank of India and some other banks instantly, the IMPS method is mostly used.
- Go to the official website of Bank of India
- From the left pane, click on ‘’Retail’’ under Internet Banking and wait until the Star Connect page loads with a virtual keyboard in the middle
- Enter the User ID and password and click on ‘Submit’. If Star Connect software is installed, grab a security key and verify the login. The online banking window should now be ready. Now click on ‘Transfer’ tab from menu
- From the left pane, find ‘IMPS Payment’. By clicking on it, 3 options should be shown – Add Beneficiary, View/Delete Beneficiary and Make a Payment
- If beneficiary is not added, first add beneficiary in Bank of India account
- From the left pane, click again on ‘Make a Payment’
- From the ‘Beneficiary Nickname’ drop down menu, click on the beneficiary’s name and click on ‘Pay’
- Now confirm ongoing transaction by entering User ID and transaction password, then again click on ‘Pay’. The payment will be sent successfully, save the confirmation number
How to Open BOI Savings Account Online?
- Log into the bank’s “online savings account opening portal”
- Fill out the BOI Savings Account opening form
- On successful submission of the application an email will be sent to the customer’s given email ID with unique tracking ID
- Users can check the status of their application form through this Tracking ID
- On successful verification/approval of details, the new account will be opened in the Branch
To know more about BOI Savings Account, click on the button provided below:
What are the Features of BOI Netbanking?
Some of the prime features of Bank of India’s Netbanking facilities are as follows:
- Through Bank of India netbanking, customers can benefit from all those services that they had to avail by visiting a bank branch
- One can access data related to their mobile banking service through internet banking portal and request the activation or deactivation of any given service through such platform
- Customers can make payment of various bills, such as electricity bills, telephone bills, mobile phone bills and more, through Bank of India net banking
- Customers seeking to apply for a loan or track the status of their ongoing loans can also make use of this online facility and stay updated about their loans
- Customer can gain access to e-filing facility of IT returns through BOI netbanking
- Customers can view all the transactions that have been processed from a selected account
- With BOI netbanking, customers can transfer funds and save a lot of their time and effort which otherwise would have been gone in visiting the bank to transfer the funds
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. What is StarToken PIN?
A. StarToken PIN is the unique 4 digit PIN (Personal Identification Number) that account holder will need to set and remember in order to log into StarToken for internet banking. Account holder will set the StarToken PIN while activating it for the first time (or after subsequent reset).
Q. Till what time can an account holder use the StarToken OTP?
A. The validity period of StarToken OTP can be a maximum of 9 days. Account holder may set the same as per your needs from 1 day to 9 days. By default, the validity period of StarToken OTP is 7 days.
Q. What is Quick banking?
A. Quick banking feature enables the user to perform NEFT transfer, check balance, check mini- statement, etc.
Q. How does an account holder update his/her mobile number for receiving StarToken SMS OTP?
A. User shall have to visit the Bank of India Home Branch and inform the branch manager or Relationship officer there to update the mobile number appended by 91 with the branch. In case account holder wants to change his/her mobile number in future, he/she must always update the mobile number in bank records without fail – this is required for the Internet banking security.
Q. The verification key displayed on the screen is not similar to the one account holder received in the SMS, What should he/she do?
A. Write to Support.Startoken@bankofindia.co.in or put a request for regeneration of the StarToken Token with the Home Branch. This will enable the account holder to receive a new set of Verification Key and Activation Code.
Q. Can the account holder access BOI Netbanking from other browsers, after he/she activates StarToken?
A. No. Once the account holder activates StarToken on the desired Personal Computer, it won’t be allowed to access the Bank of India netbanking account from any browser such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera etc. It will be mandatory for the account holder to access the netbanking account only through StarToken while on Internet.
Q. Can the account holder have UTR (Unique Transaction Reference) Number for my RTGS Transaction?
A. Yes, account holder can have the UTR Number of your RTGS transactions on Internet Banking Site itself, under the hyperlink RTGS Payment – View Payment Status.
Q. In case of any further information/query, what should I do?
A. Account holder can call the Bank of India customer care number 91-22-40919191 on any day between 08:00 am – 08:00 pm, or write to them at firstname.lastname@example.org.