EPFO has made provisions for its members to avail various services through SMS on the registered mobile number. Members can register their mobile number in EPFO’s database online through the EPF member portal in a few clicks. It is also very easy to change mobile number in EPF account by visiting the UAN member portal.
Get Free Credit Report with monthly updates. Check Now
How to Register Mobile Number in EPF Account
When a UAN is generated, you have to activate your UAN by visiting the EPFO member portal. You have to follow the steps mentioned below to activate your UAN:
- Visit EPFO Member Portal
- Click on “Activate UAN”
- Enter your Member ID/UAN, Aadhaar number, name, date of birth, mobile number, captcha code and give consent for Aadhaar based authentication
- Now click on “Get Authorization Pin”
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile number
- Enter the OTP to activate your UAN and this mobile number will also be registered with your EPF account
Get a Credit Card that matches your Spending Pattern
Check Available Pre-approved Offers and Apply Online
How to Change Mobile Number in EPF Account Online
Once your mobile number is registered with your UAN, all SMS communication by EPFO will be carried out through this number. You can also change this number online in a few simple steps:
- Visit the EPFO member portal and login to your account
- Click on “Contact Details” in the “Manage” section
- When you tick the “Change Mobile No.” option, a new section opens where you have to enter the new mobile number twice. Now click on “Get Mobile OTP”
- An OTP is sent to this number
- Enter this OTP in the space provided and click on the “Submit” button. Your new mobile number will be updated in the EPFO portal
Know More : How to Reset UAN Password
How to Change Mobile Number if You Forget the Password
There might be a condition where you do not have your previous mobile number and you also have forgotten the password to login to your EPF account using the UAN. Follow the steps mentioned below to change your mobile number as well as the password if you have forgotten the password:
- Visit the EPF Member Portal and click on “Forgot Password”
- Enter your UAN and captcha and click on the “Submit” button
- Enter your name, date of birth, gender and then click on the “Verify” button
- Validate these details against your Aadhaar by entering your Aadhaar number and captcha code. Give consent for Aadhaar-based authentication and click on the “Verify” button to validate your request
- Once the details are validated, you have to enter your new mobile number and click on “Get OTP”
- An OTP will be sent to your new mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on the “Verify” button
- After the OTP is verified, you will be asked to enter the new password. Click on “Submit” after entering your new password twice. Your password will be changed successfully and the new mobile number will be updated in the system at the same time.
Your Credit Score Is Now Absolutely Free Check Now
EPF Services through Mobile
An EPF member can avail a number of services online as well as through the SMS service or the Umang app. Following EPF services can be availed through SMS:
- Your UAN and its status (Active or inactive)
- EPF Details
- EPF/PF Balance
- EPF transfer/withdrawal status
- Bank account, PAN and Aadhaar linking status
- Last contribution
- OTP service for authentication
Q1. Am I notified on my registered mobile number each time my employer makes a contribution to my EPF account?
Yes, an SMS notification is sent to your registered mobile number each time your employer successfully makes a contribution to your EPF account.
Q2. Can I transfer funds from my old EPF account to a new one if my mobile number is not registered with EPFO?
No. You can only transfer funds from an old EPF account to a new one after registering your mobile number with EPFO and activating your UAN.
Q3. Do I have to pay any charges to change the mobile number linked to my EPF account?
No, you are not required to pay any fees/charges to change/update the mobile number linked to your EPF account.
Q4. How to change mobile number in EPF account without login?
To change your mobile number linked to your EPF account without logging into the EPFO member portal, click on the “Forgot Password” option on the EPF member homepage >enter the required details>validate them against your Aadhaar>enter your new mobile number and verify it using an OTP sent on the same number. Follow this up by entering your new password twice and submitting the same. This method can be used to change the mobile number linked to your EPF account as well as set up a new password for your EPF account without logging in to the EPF portal.