|RBL Bank World Safari Credit Card Rating|
Annual Fee ★★★
Travel Benefits ★★★★
Golf Benefits ★★★
|Overall Rating ★★★|
When looking for a travel credit card, a lot of websites and card agents would guide you towards credit cards from leading issuers like HDFC, SBI Card or Citibank, often carrying high annual fees of above Rs. 5,000. But a new travel credit card from RBL Bank- RBL World Safari Credit Card– has come out as a good competitor for other popular travel cards in the market.
RBL Bank claims it to be the first credit card in India with a 0% foreign exchange markup fee. Other features of the card are also curated to offer maximum benefits to frequent travellers. Read RBL Bank World Safari Credit Card Review here.
Key Highlights of RBL World Safari Credit Card
|Rs. 3,000 MakeMyTrip voucher as welcome gift||Zero foreign exchange mark-up fee|
|Accelerated rewards on travel spends||3-tier benefits on reaching spending milestones|
|International and domestic lounge visits||Round the clock assistance with a dedicated concierge desk|
|Complimentary golf rounds at select golf courses in India||Complimentary travel insurance covers for trip delay, baggage loss and more|
Welcome Voucher from MakeMyTrip
The card gives travellers a good start with a welcome gift voucher from MakeMyTrip worth Rs. 3,000, equivalent to the joining fee paid by the user. The conditions to avail this welcome benefit are:
- Pay the joining fee levied in the statement by the due date
- Make a transaction on the card within 30 days of card activation
Once you meet the above two conditions, the voucher code will be sent to your registered email ID as well as on your registered mobile number.
India’s First Credit Card with 0% Forex Markup Fee
The markup fee for payment in foreign currency ranges from 1.75% to 3.5% for most of the credit cards. RBL Bank World Safari Credit Card is the first one in the market that does not charge any foreign exchange markup fee.
For example, you spend $100 and the value of 1 dollar in INR is 70. The table below shows the savings on RBL World Safari Card compared to two more travel cards.
|Credit Card||Forex Markup Fee||GST||Total Cost|
|SBI Elite Credit Card||1.99%||18%||Rs. 7,164.30|
|Citi PremierMiles Credit Card||3.5%||18%||Rs. 7,289.10|
|RBL World Safari Credit Card||0%||18%||Rs. 7,000|
Clearly, with a zero forex markup, you would be able to save a lot on your foreign trips, thus making it the perfect credit card for international travel.
Earn Extra Rewards on Travel Spends
RBL World Safari Credit Card allows its users to earn travel points on all their spending. The rate of rewards is higher for travel spends. Travel points can be used to book air tickets, hotel stays and more. You will earn rewards in the following way:
- 2 Travel Points per Rs. 100 for all purchases
- 5 Travel Points per Rs. 100 for travel spends
- International spending will not earn any Travel Points
Reach Spending Milestones and Get Rewarded
RBL Bank World Safari Credit Card also rewards its users for reaching spending milestones. The more you spend the more benefits you will enjoy.
- On spending Rs. 2.5 Lakh in a year, get 10,000 bonus Travel Points
- On reaching a spending limit of Rs. 5 Lakh in a year, get another 15,000 Travel Points
- On reaching the total annual spending of Rs. 7.5 Lakh, get a Taj Experience Gift Card worth Rs. 10,000
Bonus travel points will be automatically added to your credit card account on reaching the milestone and the Taj Gift Card will be delivered to your registered mailing address.
Complimentary Lounge Access
This travel credit card by RBL Bank also gives international and domestic lounge access.
- 2 complimentary domestic lounge visits per quarter at all major airports in India
- 2 complimentary international lounge visits annually under the Priority Pass Membership to 1,300+ lounges across the globe
- Get 1 extra visit free under the Priority Pass Program on spending Rs. 50,000 or more in a calendar quarter
International lounge visits other than the complimentary one will charge up to $27 per visit.