RBL credit card users need to generate a PIN (Personal Identification Number) for their credit cards. It is a 4-digit number required to authenticate certain point-of-sale (POS) or ATM transactions. RBL credit card PIN generation can be done easily. The various methods and steps are given below.
Ways to Generate RBL Credit Card PIN
The various was through which RBL credit card PIN generation can take place are given below.
RBL Credit Card PIN Generation via RBL Website
- Click here to start the process
- Provide credit card number, date of birth, card expiration date and click on Send OTP
- Provide the OTP and enter the new PIN and click on Change PIN
RBL Credit Card PIN Generation via RBL MyCard Mobile App
- Download the app by sending the SMS ‘MyCard’ to 5607011
- Login to the app and go to the credit card section
- Go to PIN Change
- Validate your identity through OTP
- Provide the PIN and press submit
- User will receive a confirmation on successful PIN change
RBL Credit Card PIN Generation via RBL Customer Care
Do note that RBL credit card PIN generation via RBL customer care IVR requires that TPIN. If cardholder hasn’t generated TPIN then they can find the steps for the same in the next section. It is advised that customer call the customer care number from a landline or at least not from a registered mobile number.
- Call RBL Bank 24×7 toll-free number printed on the back of the card. All RBL Bank credit card customer care number can be found here
- Customer will be connected with Interactive Voice Response (IVR) channel
- Select Credit Card by pressing 3
- Select 2 for Cards Menu
- Enter the 16-digit card number and then press the ‘#’ key
- Enter the TPIN and press #. If TPIN has not been generated refer to the next section on how to generate TPIN
- Press 5 to set or change the RBL credit card PIN
- OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number
- Enter the credit card CVV number followed by #
- Enter the credit card expiry date (MM/YY) followed by #
- Now enter the OTP received on the registered mobile number followed by #
- Enter a new 4-digit PIN and then press the # key
- User will receive a confirmation on successful PIN generation
How to Generate TPIN for RBL Bank Credit Card
TPIN stands for Telephone Personal Identification Number. Customer’s dealings with RBL Bank via customer care/IVR are validated using TPIN. An RBL credit cardholder can either use his/her registered mobile number or any other mobile/landline to contact the RBL customer care. The steps to generate the same are:
- Call RBL Bank’s 24×7 toll-free customer care number – +91 22 6232 7777 / +91 22 7119 0900
- Select ‘3’ for Credit Card
- Select option ‘2’ for ‘Cards Menu’
- A cardholder has to enter his/her 16-digit RBL credit card number and click ‘#’
- To authenticate one’s identity, the call will be connected to an RBL Bank customer service executive
- Once verified, a one-time password (OTP) will be sent to registered mobile number
- Again provide the 16-digit credit card number followed by #
- Enter a 4-digit TPIN
- Another OTP will be sent to user’s registered mobile number. Enter it followed by #
- A confirmation message will be shared with user
How to Generate PIN for an RBL Add-On Credit Card
- Click here to start the process
- In the date of birth section, enter the DOB of primary cardmember instead of add-on cardholder’s DOB
- Enter the 6-digit OTP received on the registered mobile number or email address of the primary credit card holder
- Enter the new 4-digit PIN and confirm it
Tips to Ensure Security of RBL Bank Credit Card PIN
- One must not share his/her credit card PIN with anyone
- A cardholder is advised not to write his/her credit card PIN anywhere
- Make sure that connections are secure before one enters PIN online to complete transactions
- Do not save credit cards on any websites
- Go through the credit card statements every month to identify any unauthorized transactions
How to set RBL credit card PIN?
To set RBL credit card PIN you can follow any one of the above given methods.
Do I need to generate PIN after the renewal of an expired credit card?
No, you can use the old PIN. In case you want a new one, you can always change the PIN by any of the methods mentioned above.
How to generate a new PIN for a blocked card?
Before generating the PIN, you need to unblock the card. You can do that by either calling the helpline or through the mobile app of RBL.
How to change RBL credit card PIN?
The steps to change RBL credit card PIN are same as the steps taken to generate it. These are given above.
Can PINs for primary credit card and add-on credit card be the same?
Yes, but it is advised to keep them different for security reasons.