Credit cards have become a necessity for people with their growing expenses. If you have applied for a credit card and are awaiting a response, you can check credit card status and see how far your application has reached. Many banks allow their customers to check credit card application status through their website. You can also resort to offline methods such as calling customer care or visiting the branch. Read further to know how to check the credit card application status of different banks.
Details Required To Check Credit Card Application Status – You can check your application status online and avail this service the banks require you some or any of the below information. When filling out the form do keep these details handy. The details are:
- Registered mobile number (The number you provided in credit card application)
- Reference Number/Application Number (Received after applying)
- Date of Birth
Check Credit Card Application Status Of Top Banks.
How to Check Credit Card Application Status
Though the process to check application status may vary from one bank to another, there is a general procedure that all banks follow. Given below are the details:
Steps to Check Credit Card Application Status Online
Banks offer the convenience to check your credit card application status online. You can easily check your credit card status by following the general steps laid out below. Do note that these steps will work for most of the banks in India. However, some banks may have different procedures.
- Go to the Bank’s official website from which you have applied for a credit card
- Search for track application status/check application status, on the site. It can be usually found under the credit card tab.
- Share the details asked for at the track application check status, and submit.
- The website will now share the status of your credit card.
Steps to Check Credit Card Application Status Offline
You can also use offline means to check your credit card application status. Some common ways to check it offline are:
Through Customer Care
- You can call on the bank’s customer care number to check the application status
- The customer support executive will ask for the application/reference number and then tell you the status
- Some banks also have the facility of a dedicated customer care number for credit cards
By Visiting the Branch
- You can visit the nearest branch of the bank to enquire about the status of your credit card application
- Usually, the helpdesk executive will ask you for the application number and the registered mobile number
- Some banks also offer the facility of the status check through SMS
- You just have to send the SMS in the correct format to the correct number
- The status will be communicated through SMS
- You should send the message from the mobile number registered with the bank