Tamilnad Mercantile Bank (TMB) provides various mobile banking apps to cater its account holder’s requirements. With TMB mobile banking apps, customers can access numerous functions of the bank, like open savings account online, check account statements, balance enquiry, etc. Customers can use Tamilnad Mercantile mobile banking app to transfer funds online via channels like NEFT, IMPS, RTGS, etc.
What are the services offered by TMB Mobile Banking Apps?
|Services offered by TMB Mobile Banking Apps|
|Accounts & Deposits||PPF Account||TMB mConnect Account|
|Loan Account Enquiry||Credit Card Payment||Open FD/RD|
|View & Download Statements||Funds Transfer||TNEB pay|
|Other Cheque Book Services including ordering a new cheque book||Transfer your Account||Recharge DTH/Mobile|
|Utility Bill Payment||Book Movie Tickets||Quick Pay|
|Investments & Insurance||Manage Payees||Block a Card/Stop a Cheque|
What are different types of TMB Mobile Banking Apps?
Some of the TMB mobile banking apps and their features are as follows:
|Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Mobile Banking Apps||Primary Features|
TMB mConnect is the official mobile banking app of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank. Some of the features of this app are listed below:
|Enquiry||Account balance enquiry, requesting mini statement, checking cheque status, IFSC code, TMB mobile banking customer care number, deposit account & loan account enquiry|
|Request||Customers can request to change their primary account, stop cheque payment, request cheque book, debit card, debit card PIN & new account|
|Fund Transfer||Customers can use this app to transfer funds within their TMB accounts, to other bank accounts, transfer funds through modes like IMPS, RTGS, NEFT, manage or regenerate MMID code, perform scheduled transactions|
|Locator||Customers can use this app to locate bank branches, ATMs and use e-lobby services|
|Bill Payments & Recharges||Utility bill payment, recharge pre-paid mobile numbers, pay post-paid mobile bills & make various DTH transactions|
|Other Services||Customers can open FD & RD, block debit card, link Aadhaar card, generate OTP to book IRCTC tickets, manage insurance, generate/cancel/view MMID, view insurance policy, etc.|
|Eligibility||For account holders of TMB|
This app can be used by customers to perform various transactions online. They can add money in their mobile wallets and then use that money to perform various transactions like paying merchants, shopping, paying various bills, etc.
|Fund Transfer||Customers can load money to the MWallet through VPA or account number and IFSC code and transfer funds using the funds added in the wallet|
|QR Code Generation||Customers can use this app to generate QR code, which can later be used for merchant transactions and to receive payment via scanning the code|
|Availability||24×7 including holidays|
|Eligibility||Individuals holding an account with Tamilnad Mercantile Bank|
TMB ePassbook is a service of TMB mobile banking, through which the customer can view their transactions 24×7 through one window.
|View Transactions||View transactions from anywhere at any time on a single window|
|Personal Ledger||Use passbook as a personal ledger|
|Filter||Customers can make use of this app to filter their transactions by transaction type, amount, and remarks|
|Rearrange||Customers can rearrange their entries by ascending or descending order|
|Offline||Customers can view their transaction entries when they are offline|
|Eligibility||TMB account holders|
This app is specially designed for merchant payments, through which the merchants can receive payments by scanning the digital QR code. The customers will also receive a merchant ID which can be used to accept payment.
|Payments||Receive payments by scanning the QR code or using the merchant ID|
|Eligibility||Any merchant, even those that do not have an account with Tamilnad Mercantile Bank|
How to Register for TMB Mobile Banking App?
TMB Mobile Banking Registration
- Download the app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store
- Enter the registered mobile number and MPIN received from the bank
- After entering the details, one will receive an OTP on his/her mobile device, which is to be entered to validate the account
- Once the account is validated, one needs to authenticate his/her account with the credentials for debit card/ TMB internet banking
TMB Mobile Banking Activation
- After authentication, account holder will be redirected to a login page where he/she has to create and confirm the login ID and password
- Once the password is set successfully, account holder can use the app
How to Use TMB mConnect?
Step 1: After installing the app successfully and validating the account, log in to TMB mConnect app using the credentials.
Step 2: After successful login, one can use various banking services of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank.
Step 3: To check details related to savings accounts, loans and deposit accounts, click on “Accounts & Deposits” to complete the process.
Step 4: To upgrade the debit card, update the Aadhar card and more, click on “Services” option in the display list of the app.
Step 5: To open PPF account online, click on “Online PPF”, which will be at the bottom of the app screen.
What are the features of TMB Mobile App?
Following are some of the services that you can use:
- TNEB Bill Payment – Customers can pay their electricity bills to TNEB using TMB mobile banking apps
- Mobile Alerts – TMB account holders can receive information regarding their transactions, the status of their cheques, enquiry of the account balance in the form of SMS on their mobile in the form of alerts or enquiry
- Rewardz – Customers can avail various offers, discounts redeemable reward points via the TMB Rewardz app
- Requests – Customers can use the “Requests” menu in the TMB mConnect app to make various requests like hotlisting a lost debit card, stopping cheque payments, place a request for a new chequebook, etc.
What are the Advantages of TMB Mobile Banking?
TMB mobile banking is convenient for its customers in many ways. Here are few of the benefits:
- User-friendly interface
- Customers can avail various offers, discounts, redeemable reward points that they can use for shopping
- Customers can personalize their digital passbook, maintain a ledger, add remarks on transactions, and filter the transactions and much more, through TMB ePassbook
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How can one add additional accounts to his/her customer ID using mobile banking?
A. All the accounts linked to the customer ID with the bank will be automatically linked to the customer’s mobile banking app.
Q. What is the expected time of refund in case of failed bill payments?
A. The expected time for refunds in case of failed payments is T+2 working days.
Q. Can a customer use an international number to register for mobile banking?
A. No. Only Indian numbers can be registered for mobile banking.
Q. What should a customer do in case he/she wants to change his/her number but still use mobile banking services?
A. One needs to visit the branch and get the new mobile number registered to his/her account.