HSBC Platinum credit card is a premium card offered by HSBC India, the Indian subsidiary of Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation, a leading global financial conglomerate in India. This card is accredited with the best offerings from the banking giant as it is loaded with shopping and lifestyle benefits across a wide range of categories. Card holder also gets access to a host of other premium services from the bank including concierge services, zero lost card liability and emergency card replacement.
HSBC Platinum Credit Card Features
- One can use this credit card for fuel at no extra cost. Fuel surcharge waiver of 1% is applicable when you use your card to refuel your vehicle. This benefit is capped at Rs. 250 per calendar month for transactions ranging between Rs. 400 and Rs. 4,000.
- Card holder can enjoy discounts of up to 15% at HSBC partner restaurants in India as part of the HSBC Dining Privileges package.
- Customers also get access to VISA concierge services that can be used for flight bookings, dining and movie reservations, flower and gift deliveries and much more.
- The HSBC Platinum Visa credit card offers zero lost card liability cover for transactions of up to Rs. 3,00,000 that might have occurred up to 24 hours before the card was reported stolen.
HSBC Platinum Credit Card Benefits
- Card holder gets 2 reward points on every spending of Rs. 150 while 3x rewards are offered when you use your card for dining, telecom and hotel expenditures.
- Extra reward points can be accumulated by card holder if the spending crosses Rs. 4,00,000 during the calendar year. You can earn 5X reward points when you cross this spending limit till you reach Rs 10,00,000.
- Accumulated reward points can be redeemed in lieu of reward merchandise and gift vouchers of key stores. The reward points earned are valid for a period of up to 3 years.
- Customer gets movie vouchers worth Rs. 500 every month when their spending crosses Rs. 50,000 during the billing month. The maximum value of movie ticket vouchers you can receive in a year when using the HSBC Platinum Credit Card is capped at Rs. 3,000.
HSBC Platinum Credit Card Welcome Benefits
You are eligible to get cash back of 10% on all expenditures provided the cumulative expenditure exceeds Rs 10,000 during the first 90 days of issue of the card.
HSBC Platinum Credit Card Fees and Charges
There are no annual or joining fees for the HSBC Platinum Credit Card.
|Add-on Fee (per annum)||Nil|
|Finance Charges||3.3% p.m. (39.6%* p.a.) computed from the date of transaction|
|Interest Free Credit Period||Up to 52 days|
|Minimum Payment Due (MPD) on extended credit usage||5% of the total payment due of the statement plus greater of past due or overlimit due (if any), subject to a minimum of `100. Interest will be charged on the extended credit as per terms and conditions|
|Duplicate Statement Request||Rs. 100 per statement (beyond last 3 months)|
|Charge in case of cheque bounce, standing instruction dishonoured or unsuccessful payment through ECS||Rs. 350|
|Transaction fee for cash advances against your credit card account at branches and ATMs||2.5% of transaction amount (subject to a minimum of Rs. 300)|
|Overlimit Fee||Rs. 500 per month|
How to Apply for HSBC Platinum Credit Card
You can apply this credit card at our web portal. Browse through the credit card section and look for this credit card among the available list. Check your eligibility and provide personal details as required by the online application form. Click on the “Apply” button in order to submit your online credit card application.
HSBC Platinum Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
An applicant must be Indian national over the age of 21 years to apply for this card. Other eligibility criteria may include income level, place of residence, employment/business history etc. that tend to change from time to time at the discretion of HSBC Bank and RBI regulations. The applicant would be required to furnish key documents such as income proof, residence proof, identity proof, copy of PAN card as well as other documents for verification at a later stage in order to complete the application process.