How to Activate HDFC Bank Credit Card through Net Banking
The following steps will help you to easily activate HDFC Bank Credit Card through the HDFC Net Banking:
- Login on the HDFC Net Banking Portal by entering your Customer ID and IPIN
- Now, click on Credit Cards tab and then ‘Credit Card ATM PIN’ in the “Requests” section
- Next, select the credit card you want to set the PIN for and then provide the new PIN
- Confirm the request to successfully set the credit card PIN
|New to Cards?|
Why don’t you check the best credit cards in India, to maximize your savings and rewards? Apply Now to find the right card for you!
How to Activate HDFC Credit Card through ATM
The following steps will guide you to activate HDFC Credit Card through ATM:
- Call phone banking and select the option to set credit card PIN
- You will receive an OTP on registered mobile number
- Now, insert the credit card in an HDFC Bank ATM
- Select “Create new ATM PIN using OTP” option
- Enter OTP received on your registered mobile number
- Enter your registered mobile number
- Set your own 4 digit PIN
Will closing an inactive credit card affect your credit score?
All credit cards are initially active meaning that you can use them for the transactions that do not require PIN. So, the effects of closing an un-activated credit card will be the same as an activated one. If you close the card, your overall credit limit will be reduced which, in turn, will impact your credit score. Even if you are not using a credit card, we recommend that you keep it open as the unused limit will help your score, unless it carries a high annual fee.
Click here to know what happens if you don’t activate your credit card?
What are the basic requirements for a smart phone for downloading and installing the HDFC Bank mobile application?
The HDFC mobile app can be easily used by Android as well as iPhone users. The devices used for this purpose should have at least the following specifications:
- For Android devices – Android version Kitkat 4.4 or any higher version
- For Apple devices – iOS 5 or any version above that
How many users can effectively use the HDFC Mobile application on the same mobile device?
There is no limit on the number of users that can use this application on the same device. The main criteria for being able to use the app is to have the user’s Customer ID and IPIN.
Why is my Net Banking password being rejected?
There could be various reasons for the password to be invalid. Some of them are:
- All passwords are case-sensitive and may not work if not entered correctly
- If the Net Banking facility has not been used for more than 180 days (120 days if you only use the bank’s credit card) it becomes inactive and the password thereby becomes invalid
- If the wrong password is entered for 5 consecutive tries the account will be blocked
Customer can contact the Credit Card Helpline number for assistance with blocked or inactive accounts. The number is (prefix local STD Code)-6160-6161.
What is the process to de-register a credit card from Net Banking service?
To deregister from the credit card net banking service, you may follow the steps listed below:
- Login to your account and select ‘Cards’
- Under Request select ‘Deregister Card’
- Select he card you want to de register and then click on continue
- Confirm the selection
What are the Customer Care contact details of HDFC Bank?
The contact details can be found here along with other channels of communications.