Canara Bank provides IMPS fund transfer options to all customers who have availed mobile banking facilities through the Canmobile app or have activated internet banking services for their account. This is one of the fastest fund transfer options available, allowing you to make transfers in less than 30 minutes. But, before transferring funds, you should be aware of the Canara Bank IMPS Charges, which you will be required to pay on every transfer that you make. Let us check Canara Bank IMPS Charges below.
What are Canara Bank IMPS Charges?
Depending upon the amount that you transfer, Canara Bank IMPS Charges are applied as follows:
|Transaction Amount||Transaction Fees|
(Via Mobile Banking and Internet Banking)
|Up to Rs. 5000||No Charges apply|
|Beyond Rs. 5000 up to Rs. 25000||Rs. 5|
|Beyond Rs. 25000 up to Rs. 100000||Rs. 10|
|Beyond Rs. 100000 up to Rs. 200000||Rs. 15|
Get Your Free Credit Report with Monthly Updates Check Now
How to transfer funds using IMPS?
Funds can be transferred using Immediate Payment Service or IMPS with mobile banking and internet banking facilities. You can transfer funds using the following steps:
- Login to your internet banking account or Canmobile App.
- Under funds transfer, choose the “IMPS Transfer” option.
- Enter the Beneficiary’s MMID and Mobile Number or Account Number and IFSC Code and amount to be transferred along with your MMID number.
- In order to complete an IMPS transaction through internet banking, you will have to provide a One Time Password that is sent to the registered mobile number.
- In order to complete an IMPS transaction through the Canmobile App, enter the MPIN provided to you.
- Once the transaction is complete, you will receive a confirmation message on the screen along with a transaction reference number.
- You will receive an SMS to confirm that the amount has been debited from your account and credited into the beneficiary account.
What is an MMID?
An MMID is issued by Canara Bank to every customer who registers for mobile banking. This number, known as the Mobile Money Identifier is unique to the user. Multiple MMIDs can be allotted for multiple accounts.
Your Credit Score and Report is Now Absolutely Free Check Now
How to register for Canara Bank Mobile Banking?
- On the Canmobile App choose the New Registration option and enter the linked mobile number to get your User name and MPIN.
- Login using your User ID and default MPIN to begin with the registration process.
- Accept the terms & conditions
- Validate your mobile by Canara Bank Mobile Banking application and OTP (One Time Password) which you will receive through SMS.
- Next, you will be required to change your MPIN.
- You will be redirected to the activation page where you will be required to provide ATM Card Number, Expiry Date & ATM Card PIN.
- You will get an SMS on the registered mobile number for registering & activating Canara Bank Mobile Banking.
- You can activate mobile banking services using the internet banking account as well.
- You may also visit your nearest branch and fill up a form to activate mobile banking. Submit the form to get your MPIN and User ID.
What is the limit on Canara Bank IMPS?
Why choose Canara Bank IMPS?
IMPS services are extremely useful for the following reasons:
- Using the unique MMID and linked mobile number leaves very little room for error.
- You have the option of transferring money at any time of the day without any restrictions of timings or bank holidays.
- An amount is transferred to the beneficiary within 30 minutes of a successful transaction.
- It is one of the safest options available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the limit for IMPS transfer in Canara Bank?
Rs.2 lakh per day is the IMPS limit for IMPS transfer in Canara Bank.
Q. For what all accounts do the Canara Bank allows IMPS transactions?
Canara Bank allows IMPS transactions to all interbank and intrabank transactions.
Q. Can I transfer money via IMPS on Sunday?
Yes, Canara Bank IMPS is available 24×7 via internet banking and mobile banking channels.