The Axis Bank Kisan Credit Card Scheme seeks to provide the farming community with a platform through which they can get quick and timely access to funds. With a Kisan Credit Card, farmers can meet their agricultural as well as personal needs without borrowing money from the unorganized sector at high rates of interest.
Axis Bank Kisan Credit Card Benefits
Higher Loan Limit- Applicants under this scheme are eligible for a loan up to the value of ₹ 250 Lakhs.
Affordable Interest Rates- Axis Bank offers its Kisan Credit Card patrons low rate of interest.
Multiple Uses of Loan Amount- The loan can be used for multiple purposes such as:
- Purchase of seeds and other farm inputs
- Investment in agricultural implements, development or preparation of land
- Maintenance and repair of machinery used on the farm
- Household needs of the applicants such as child’s education, family functions, etc.
The cardholder has the flexibility to opt between cash and term loans. The repayment terms are extremely customer-friendly.
Flexible Loan Tenure- Axis Bank decides the loan tenure after taking into consideration the marketing period post harvesting of the crop. There is also an easy renewal process for the loan tenure.
- For cash credit, loan tenure can be up to a period of one year
- For term loans, the tenure can be up to seven years.
Dedicated Relationship Manager- The USP of the Axis Bank Kisan Credit Card is that there is a dedicated relationship manager for each customer.
Hassle-free Application Process- Customers greatly benefit from minimal paperwork, quick sanction and fast disbursement.
Insurance Coverage- Farmers are provided with complimentary accident insurance (up to ₹ 50,000).
Axis Bank Kisan Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
Anyone who meets the below mentioned conditions can apply for Axis Bank Kisan Credit Card.
- The minimum age for application is 18 years.
- The applicant should not be more than 75 years old at the end of the loan’s tenure.
- Applicants who are more than 60 years old, need to mandatorily have a co-borrower who is below that age limit. Also, the co-borrower should be immediate kin or a legal heir. Mere acquaintances cannot be taken as co-borrowers.
- Joint holding (individual or multiple locations) is allowed. Maximum five people can be involved in such joint holdings.
Axis Bank Kisan Credit Card Interest Rate
The below mentioned rate of interest is applied to cardholders under the Kisan Credit Scheme:
- If the facility type is production credit
The minimum rate of interest is 8.25% and the maximum rate is 13%. The mean rate is 11.8%.
- If the facility type is investment credit
The minimum rate of interest is 8.25% and the maximum rate is 13%. The mean rate is 12.26%.
How to apply for Axis Bank Kisan Credit Card
There are two ways through which an eligible person can apply for the Axis Bank Kisan Credit Card.
One can walk into their nearest Axis Bank branch to apply for this card. One needs to fill in the application form and submit the necessary documents. Alternatively, one can download the form from the Axis Bank website and submit the same at the branch along with the required paperwork.
People who do not wish to visit a branch can apply for the card through the bank’s website. They can log on to the Kisan Credit Card page and click on “Apply Now”.