|Yatra SBI Card Rating|
|Reward Points ★★|
Travel Benefits ★★★
Annual Fee ★★★
Welcome Benefits ★★★
Additional Benefits ★★
|Overall Rating ★★★|
SBI Card in collaboration with travel portal Yatra.com offers unmatched benefits on your travel ranging from reward points to great discounts at Yatra.com. Not only this, with a minimal fee of just Rs. 499, you also get additional benefits in the form of welcome offers, a fuel surcharge waiver, and a complimentary air accident cover. Below is the complete review of this card.
Key Highlights of Yatra SBI Credit Card
|Best Suited For|
Vouchers worth Rs. 8,250 from Yatra.com
Get a discount of Rs. 1,000 when you book a domestic flight for a minimum of Rs. 5,000 & discount of Rs. 4,000 when you book an international flight of Rs. 40,000 or more
6X reward points on departmental stores, grocery, dining, movies, entertainment, and international spends
Fuel surcharge waiver, complimentary air accident cover
|Paisabazaar’s Rating||★★★ (3/5)|
Unmatched Welcome Benefits
As soon as you enroll with this travel card, you get Yatra.com vouchers worth Rs. 8,250 as a welcome onboarding gift:
- 2 vouchers worth Rs.500 each for Domestic Travel
- 2 vouchers worth Rs.1,000 each for International Travel
- 1 voucher worth Rs.750 for Hotel Bookings
- 1 voucher worth Rs.1,500 for Domestic Holidays
- 1 voucher worth Rs.3,000 for International Holiday
Welcome benefits on SBI Yatra Card make it more enticing and you should definitely consider them when looking to apply for this credit card to save on your travel expenses.
This card promises low-cost travel with amazing benefits in the following ways:
- Rs.1,000 Off on Domestic Flight booking with a minimum booking amount of Rs.5,000
- Rs.4,000 Off on International Flight booking with a minimum booking amount of Rs.40,000
- Flat 20% Off (Max Rs.2,000) on Domestic Hotel booking with min. booking amount of Rs.3,000
- You can use the promo code 6 times during a calendar year
- The offer can be used on any of the 3 products in any combination i.e. 2 times on domestic flights, 2 times on international flights, etc.
If you are interested in saving on your domestic and international flight bookings, this card could be the right choice for you. Another positive aspect is that it helps you save on domestic hotel bookings as well.
Must Read: Best Travel Credit Cards for 2022
Up to 6X Reward Points
Yatra SBI Card allows you to earn points on various categories. Take a look at how you can earn the reward points:
- 6 Reward Points on every Rs.100 spent on departmental stores, groceries, dining, movies, entertainment, and international spends
- 1 Reward Point on every Rs.100 spent on all other categories
- The rate of reward is 1 Reward Point = 25 Paisa
Even though the SBI Yatra credit card is essentially a travel credit card, it is not just limited to travel savings. It also offers a wide range of opportunities to earn reward points for spending on various categories. The reward points are redeemable against Yatra vouchers. In case you spend 1,000 reward points, you will get vouchers worth Rs. 250 which is not a bad deal considering the annual fee of this card. Not only this, the rewards earning rate of this card is pretty decent when comparing it to other SBI credit cards.
Annual Fee as Low as Rs. 499
- As a welcome gift, you get Rs. 8,250 worth of Yatra.com vouchers, which is way more than your joining fee
- If you spend a minimum of Rs. 90.000 annually then your annual fee will be waived off
This basically means that Yatra SBI Card will come to you free of cost when you meet the above-mentioned conditions.
Consider Reading: Top Credit Cards with annual fees as low as 500
This card also offers a host of additional benefits-
- Fuel Benefits – 1% Fuel Surcharge Waiver across all petrol pumps. Maximum surcharge waiver of Rs.100 monthly, per card account. Transactions between Rs.500 and Rs.3,000.
- Complimentary Air Accidental – Rs.50 Lakhs Air Accidental Cover for Primary cardholder when a ticket is booked on Yatra using Yatra SBI Card
- Anniversary Benefits -Get an annual membership fee reversal from the second year on annual spending of Rs.1,00,000 in the previous year
- Cash Withdrawal Facility- Withdraw cash from over 1 million Visa or MasterCard ATMs across the globe
Drawbacks of Yatra SBI Card
While this card totally makes up for the annual fee it charges, there are some limitations to this card as given below:
- The rate of reward earning could be a little better
- Unlike most other travel cards, there is no complimentary airport lounge access
Credit Cards Similar to Yatra SBI Card
Take a look at credit cards available in the market that are similar to Yatra SBI Card:
|Credit Card||Annual Fee||Key Features|
|MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Signature Credit Card||NIL (Second Year Onwards)||Rs. 1500 worth My Cash; MMTBLACK exclusive membership|
|Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card||Rs. 500 (waived off on spending Rs. 2 lakh in the previous year)||4% cashback for spending on preferred merchants on Cleartrip along with other merchants such as Uber, Swiggy, PVR, Curefit, Tata Sky, Tata 1MG|
|Standard Chartered Digismart Credit Card||Rs. 49 (monthly fee which waived off on spending Rs. 5,000 in a calendar month)||20% discount at Yatra.com on a domestic flight up to Rs. 750 and 10% discount on international flights up to Rs. 10,000. 25% discount (up to Rs. 4,000) on domestic hotel bookings|
|IRCTC SBI Card Premier||Rs. 1,499||10% value-back on AC1, AC2, AC3, and AC CC as reward points for your ticket purchases via IRCTC mobile app or website (for Android only)(terms & conditions applied)|
Yatra SBI Card is accepted globally and undoubtedly can help you save money on flight bookings, hotel bookings, etc. through Yatra.com. So, if you are an avid traveler this card is one of the best options for you. Since Yatra SBI Card packs a plethora of valuable benefits, you must compare it with similar credit cards in the market to see if it offers the maximum value back for your travel. What do you think about this card? Do let us know in the comments.