Muthoot Finance Personal Loan Highlights
|Interest rate||14.50% p.a. onwards|
|Loan Amount||Rs. 50,000 onwards|
|Loan Tenure||Up to 60 months|
|Eligible Applicant Types|
|Processing Fees||Up to 3.5% of loan sanctioned|
|Types of Loans||Personal Loan for Salaried and self-employed, Personal Loan for Muthoot Employees and Personal Loan for Landlords|
Muthoot Finance offers both secured and unsecured personal loans to select categories of applicants. You can avail a personal loan for an amount as low as Rs. 50,000 with minimal documentation and quick disbursal from Muthoot Finance. Moreover, Muthoot Finance personal loan comes with end use flexibility. You can use the funds to meet a variety of expenses, including vacation and wedding expenses or a medical emergency.
Features of Muthoot Personal Loan
- Loan Amount: Muthoot personal loan starts from an amount as low as Rs. 50,000 and can go up to Rs. 10 lakh based on an applicant’s profile.
- Quick Loan Disbursal: These personal loans are known for their short processing times and quick funds disbursal.
- Minimal Documentation: Simple and minimal documents are required to apply for the personal loan.
- Doorstep Service: Bank’s representative will visit your place of residence to get the process of loan application completed, including document collection.
- Affordable Rates: Muthoot personal loan comes with competitive interest rate and charges. Currently, the interest rate starts from 14.50% p.a.
- Repayment Flexibility: Muthoot Finance offers flexible repayment option. This allows you to choose a suitable combination of EMI amount and loan tenure for your personal loan.
Muthoot Personal Loan Interest Rates
Muthoot Finance personal loan interest rate starts from 14.50% p.a. The actual rate applicable to a borrower may vary based on various criteria including the customer’s credit score, monthly income, outstanding debt, amount borrowed, etc.
|Type of Muthoot Finance Personal Loan||Interest Rate|
|Personal Loan for Salaried and Self-Employed||14.50% onwards|
|Personal Loan for Landlord|
|Personal Loan for Muthoot Employees|
Types of Muthoot Finance Personal Loans
Muthoot Finance offers various types of personal loans that are categorized based on the type of applicant. The key ones are:
- Personal Loan for Salaried and Self-Employed: This unsecured loan can be availed by both salaried as well as self-employed individuals at competitive rates starting at 14.50% p.a. This option is available to both new applicants as well as individuals with an existing relationship to Muthoot.
- Personal Loan for Muthoot Employees: Staff of Muthoot Group with at least 5 years of service can avail Muthoot personal loan at 14.50% interest rate for a maximum period of 24 months. Supervisory staff can avail up to Rs. 1 lakh, while the upper limit for non-supervisory employees is Rs. 50,000.
- Personal Loan to Landlords: Owners of premises occupied by Muthoot Finance can get unsecured personal loan from Muthoot. The loan amount can range from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh with repayment tenure of up to 60 months.
Muthoot Finance offers both unsecured and secured personal loans. While a collateral is not needed to avail an unsecured personal loan, an asset needs to be pledged to avail a secured personal loan. Following are the eligibility criteria for both the loan types:
- Unsecured Personal Loan
Who can avail?
Salaried employees of Public Sector Units
Salaried employees of other reputed institutions
Monthly Income Criteria
Other factors which may have a bearing on loan eligibility include your credit history and score, credit utilization ratio, length of employment, continuity of business, employer’s reputation, etc. Please note that the final decision depends on the NBFC’s loan approval parameters.
- Secured Personal Loan: Individuals who are not eligible to avail an unsecured personal loan and are willing to provide 100% collateral security in the form of LIC policies, RBI bonds, NSCs, etc can apply for a secured personal loan.
Documents Required for Muthoot Finance Personal Loan
While the exact list of documents has not been specified by the NBFC, following is the list of documents that are generally required to avail a personal loan:
- Proof of Identity: A copy of Passport/ Aadhaar / Voter ID/ Driving License/ PAN Card
- Proof of Address: A copy of Aadhaar Card/ Registered Lease Agreement/ Property purchase Agreement/ Utility Bill (not more than 3 months old)/ Passport/ Driving License
- Proof of Income: Salary Slip/ Bank Account Statement/ Form 16/ Previous Year ITR/ P&L Statement and Balance Sheet/ Bank Account Statement
- Proof of Business: Certificate of Practice/ Partnership Deed/ GST Registration and Filing Documents/ MOA & AOA/ Shop Act License
How to Apply for Muthoot Finance PL with Paisabazaar?
You can apply for Muthoot Finance personal loan online with Paisabazaar.com in 3 easy steps:
Step 1: Enter key personal details in the Paisabazaar form given at the top of this page to see the loan offers you are eligible for.
Step 2: Select a suitable offer and call Paisabazaar for any assistance.
Step 3: Fill out lender-specific applications and get instant conditional e-approval.
Personal Loan Verification Process
The process of personal loan verification generally involves the following steps:
- Lender receives the completely filled personal loan application form. You will subsequently receive a verification call from the chosen lender’s representative.
- Subsequently, a representative from the lender visits you to collect the required documents.
- The lender verifies your documents and approves the loan accordingly.
- You sign the loan agreement and the loan amount is disbursed.
Check Muthoot Finance Personal Loan Application Status
You can check the status of your personal loan application at Muthoot Finance via any of the following means given below:
Online Method: You can visit the Muthoot Finance loan application tracking page and enter your Mobile Number and Application No. / Date of Birth/ PAN Number to know the status of your loan application online.
Customer Care: You can check the status of your personal loan application at Muthoot Finance by contacting customer care on the following numbers:
- Southern India: 99469 01212
- Gujarat & Maharashtra: +91-8000451451
- Rest of India: 1800 313 1212
Branch Visit: You also have to option of visiting your nearby Muthoot Finance branch to know the status of your application. At present this NBFC does not provide any to check status of personal loan application online.
Fees and Other Charges
Various fees and charges apart from interest that are applicable on Muthoot Finance personal loan are as follows:
|Processing Fee||Up to 3.5% of loan amount plus applicable taxes|
|Stamp Duty||As per applicable state laws|
|Loan Cancellation Charges||Rs.5,000 plus applicable taxes|
|Prepayment Charges||Up to 6% of the outstanding loan amount plus applicable taxes|
|Internal Foreclosure Charges||2.5% of the outstanding loan amount plus applicable taxes|
|Re-Scheduling Charges||1% of the outstanding loan amount plus applicable taxes|
|Late Payment Charges||2% of the outstanding loan amount of the month.|
|Cheque Bounce Charges||Rs.1,000 plus applicable taxes|
|Cheque Swapping Charges||Rs. 750 plus applicable taxes|
How to Login on Muthoot Finance Portal?
Step 1: Visit Muthoot Finance Sign In page to log into your account
Step 2: Enter your username and password then click login to complete the process
Muthoot Finance Personal Loan Statement
The personal loan statement can be obtained from Muthoot Finance via either the online or the offline method:
Online Method: You can log into the online portal of Muthoot finance using your User ID and password. Then you can view/download your personal loan statement from the portal.
Offline Method: You can either call up Muthoot customer care on their support numbers or visit a nearby branch in-person to request your personal loan statement offline.
Muthoot Finance Personal Loan EMI Calculation
The following is a table showing the EMI calculation for Muthoot Finance personal loan for various loan amounts, interest rates and tenures.
|Loan Amount (Rs.) and Interest Rate|
Monthly EMI Payout (Rs.)
|1-year loan tenure||2-year loan tenure||3-year loan tenure||4-year loan tenure||5-year loan tenure|
|2 lakh @ 14.5 p.a.||18,004||9,649||6,884||5,515||4,705|
|10 lakh @ 18 p.a.||91,679||49,924||36,152||29,374||25,393|
|4 lakh @ 16.5 p.a.||36,387||19,680||14,161||11,438||9,833|