Compare Home Loan Interest Rate Offered by Various Banks & HFCs in Kollam
|Name of Lender||Up to Rs. 30 Lakh||Above Rs. 30 Lakh to Rs. 75 Lakh||Above Rs. 75 Lakh|
|SBI||8.50% - 10.15%||8.50% - 10.05%||8.50% - 10.05%|
|HDFC||8.50% - 10.35%||8.50% - 10.60%||8.50% - 10.70%|
|LIC Housing Finance||8.45% – 10.35%||8.45% – 10.55%||8.45% – 10.75%|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||8.85% onwards||8.85% onwards||8.85% onwards|
|PNB Housing Finance||8.75% - 14.50%||8.75% - 13.00%||8.75%-11.35%|
|Punjab National Bank||8.65%-9.60%||8.60%-9.50%||8.60%-9.50%|
|Bank of Baroda||8.60% - 10.65%||8.60% - 10.65%||8.60% - 10.90%
|Union Bank of India||8.50% – 10.75%||8.50% – 10.95%||8.50% – 10.95%|
|IDFC First Bank||8.85% onwards||8.85% onwards||8.85% onwards|
|L&T Housing Finance||8.60% onwards||8.60% onwards||8.60% onwards|
|Bajaj Housing Finance||8.50% onwards||8.50% onwards||8.50% onwards|
|Tata Capital||8.60% onwards||8.60% onwards||8.60% onwards|
Note: Interest rates as of 18th May 2023
Features of Home Loan in Kollam
Common features of home loan are mentioned below:
- The home loan interest rates usually start at 8% p.a.
- The repayment tenures of home loans offered by most lenders are flexible and go up to 30 years
- Lenders usually set the LTV ratio of their housing loans for up to 90% of the mortgaged property’s value. The final LTV ratio set by lenders for their home loan applicants depends on the loan amounts and credit profile. The home loan amounts and their corresponding LTV ratio are as follows:
|Home Loan Amount||LTV Ratio|
|Up to Rs 30 lakh||Up to 90% of total cost of property|
|Above Rs 30 lakh and up to Rs 75 lakh||Up to 80% of total cost of property|
|Above Rs 75 lakh||Up to 75% of the total cost of property|
- Existing borrowers can make use of the home loan balance transfer facility to transfer their housing loan to another lender at lower interest rates.
- Home loan customers looking for additional funding to finance their personal/professional expenses can opt for home loan top-up.
- Banks, HFCs and NBFCs offering home loans in Kollam can also provide pre-approved home loans to select existing customers depending on their income, credit scores, occupation profile, etc.
- The RBI does not permit banks/HFCs/NBFCs to levy any fees on prepayment of home loans with floating interest rates. However, lenders can levy home loan prepayment charges on housing loans with fixed interest rates. They can also provide total or partial waiver on prepayment charges on home loans with fixed interest rates.
Minimum Income Requirement for Availing Home Loan in Kollam
- For Salaried Applicants: At least Rs 15,000 p.m.
- For self-employed individuals with annual income starting from Rs 1 lakh.
Eligibility Criteria for Home Loans in Kollam
The home loan eligibility criteria set by most lenders for availing home loan is as follows:
- Age: Minimum- 21 years; Maximum- Up to 70 years at the time of loan maturity
- Nationality: Indian Resident, NRI, PIO
- Credit Score: CIBIL/Credit score should be 750 and above for increased chances of availing home loan and at lower interest rates
- Job Profile:
- Salaried applicants employed in private entities, public sector units and government bodies.
- Self-employed professionals like accountants, lawyers, doctors, engineers, CS, architects, etc. and non-professionals like contractors, commission agents, traders, etc.
- Work experience: For Salaried- At least 3 years of work experience For Self-Employed– At least 3 years of business continuity
Documents Required for Home Loan in Kollam
Common home loan documents required for availing home loans are mentioned below:
For Salaried Applicants
- KYC documents: Driving license, passport, PAN card, voter ID, Aadhaar Card, etc.
- Proof of Employment: Appointment letter, letter of promotion/increment, employment contract, etc.
- Income proof: Form 16, Last 3 month salary certificates, last 6 months bank statement showing salary credits, etc.
- Bank statements showing repayment of any ongoing loans Property related documents
- Processing fee cheque in favor of the home loan provider
- Proof of own contribution
Additional Documents for Self-Employed Applicants
- Balance sheet and P&L account of last 3 years attested by a chartered accountant (CA)
- Last 3 years ITR with income calculation
- Savings account statement of loan applicant & current account statement of the business entity of last 6 months
- Business address proof
- Business profile of the home loan applicant
- Latest form 26AS
Note: Along with the above-mentioned documents, lenders may also ask for additional documents based on the home loan applicants profile.