In pre-approved home loans, banks and HFCs offer an in-principle approval to eligible customers before the finalization of the residential property. Lenders usually offer such loans to their existing customers on the basis of their income, credit history, employer’s profile, etc. Such loans usually have quicker disbursal and may also be available at lower interest rates.
Key Features & Benefits of Pre-approved Home Loan
Lower Interest Rates: Pre-approved loans are usually offered to individuals with a good credit profile. Hence, such pre-approved individuals have higher chances of availing home loans at lower interest rates. Some of the factors considered while offering pre-approved home loans include the applicant’s income, credit score, employment type, employer’s profile, outstanding loan repayment obligations, etc.
Also Read: Have ‘No’ or ‘Low’ credit score? Know how you can build/rebuild it with Step UP Credit Card, co-branded with SBM Bank India Ltd.
As the home loan rates offered can vary widely across lenders, a brief comparison of the home loan interest rates offered by leading banks and HFCs with the pre-approved home loan rate offered to you might help you in availing the optimum loan offer.
Avail Pre-approved Home Loan at Attractive Interest Rates Click Here
Interest Rates of Pre-approved Home Loan
|Name of Lender||Up to Rs. 30 Lakh||Above Rs. 30 Lakh to Rs. 75 Lakh||Above Rs. 75 Lakh|
|SBI||8.40% - 10.15% p.a.||8.40% - 10.05% p.a.||8.40% - 10.05% p.a.|
|HDFC Bank Limited||8.35% p.a. onwards||8.35% p.a. onwards||8.35% p.a. onwards|
|LIC Housing Finance||8.40% – 10.35% p.a.||8.40% – 10.55% p.a.||8.40% – 10.75% p.a.|
|ICICI Bank||8.75% p.a. onwards||8.75% p.a. onwards||8.75% p.a. onwards
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||8.70% p.a. onwards||8.70% p.a. onwards||8.70% p.a. onwards|
|PNB Housing Finance||8.50% - 14.50% p.a.||8.50% - 14.50% p.a.||8.50%-11.45% p.a.|
|Punjab National Bank||8.45%-10.25% p.a.||8.40%-10.15% p.a.||8.40%-10.15% p.a.|
|Bank of Baroda||8.40% - 10.65% p.a.||8.40% - 10.65% p.a.||8.40% - 10.90% p.a.
|Union Bank of India||8.40% – 10.80% p.a.||8.40% – 10.95% p.a.||8.40% – 10.95% p.a.|
|IDFC First Bank||8.75% p.a. onwards||8.75% p.a. onwards||8.75% p.a. onwards|
|L&T Finance Limited||8.60% p.a. onwards||8.60% p.a. onwards||8.60% p.a. onwards|
|Bajaj Housing Finance||8.50% p.a. onwards||8.50% p.a. onwards||8.50% p.a. onwards|
|Tata Capital Housing Finance||8.70% p.a. onwards||8.70% p.a. onwards||8.70% p.a. onwards|
|Federal Bank||8.80% p.a. onwards||8.80% p.a. onwards||8.80% p.a. onwards|
Note: Interest rates as of 6 December 2023
Apply for Pre-approved Home Loan at Attractive Interest Rates Click Here
- Assured eligible loan amount: In the “in-principle” approval letter, lenders state the eligible loan amount as per the prevailing home loan interest rate. This helps the prospective home buyers get a clearer picture regarding their affordability and eligibility for home loan. Such in-principal approvals are valid only for a pre-determined period. Moreover, the final loan amount would also depend on the features of the selected property.
- Quicker disbursal: Such loans have lower processing time as the applicants already meet most of the eligibility criteria set for the home loan. Once all the property is identified and verified, the home loan could be approved and disbursed quicker than other home loan applicants.
What Are the Important Things to Consider While Applying for a Pre-approved Home Loan?
- Pre-approved loans are valid only for a certain period of time, therefore, customer need to apply in the specified time frame to be eligible for the offer
- Before availing the offer, enquire lender about all the applicable charges like processing fee, pre-payment charges and pre-closure charges, etc.
- Remember to compare other available pre-approved home loan offers as well as home loan offers available from other lenders
Get Pre-approved Home Loan at Attractive Interest Rates Click Here
1. What is the validity period of a sanction letter?
Ans. The “in-principal” sanction letter is valid for a period of up to 6 months. However, this number may vary from lender to lender. The borrower must finalize a property before the expiry date mentioned in the letter.
Check Also: What are the steps of the home loan process?
2. How do banks decide the eligibility for a Pre-approved Home Loan?
Ans. Various factors such as income, liabilities, repayment capacity, credit score, etc. are taken into account for deciding upon the eligibility of a customer.
3. Does a pre-approved home loan offer guarantee loan disbursal?
Ans. No, a pre-approved offer does not guarantee loan disbursal. For example, if the features of the property purchased by you do not meet the eligibility criteria set by your lender, the lender can reject your loan application despite your pre-approval home loan letter.
4. What are the common documents required to avail a pre-approved home loan?
Ans. As most pre-approved home loans are offered to existing customers, no additional documents are required as the lender already has details regarding your income, KYC, etc. in their database. However, in some cases such as when a pre-approved loan is offered to a new customer, lenders may require the following documents:
- Income proof
- Address proof
- ID proof
Moreover, after the property is identified, the lender may require property related documents for verification.