The documents required for a home loan are more or less uniform among various banks and HFCs. A few specific requirements may vary from lender to lender. The home loan documents required might also differ on the basis of your loan scheme, purpose of the loan, individual credit profile, etc. In this post, we have listed common home loan documents that your lender might request at the time of loan application.
Checklist of Documents required for Home Loan:
1. Completed Home Loan Application Form
2. Passport size Photographs
3. Proof of Identification:
- Driving license
- PAN card
- Aadhar card
- Voter’s ID card
4. Proof of Age:
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Birth Certificate
- 10thClass Marksheet
- Bank Passbook
- Driving License
5. Address Proof:
- Bank Passbook
- Voter’s ID
- Ration card
- Utility bills (Telephone Bill, Electricity Bill, Water Bill, Gas Bill)
- LIC Policy Receipt
- Letter from a recognized public authority verifying the customer’s address
6. Income Documents:
Salaried individuals (any one of the following):
- Form 16
- Certified letter from Employer
- Pay slip (Last 2 months)
- Increment or Promotion letter
- IT returns (for 3 years)
Apart from the proof of income of the salaried individual, he would also have to furnish any investment proofs (like fixed deposits, shares, etc) and his passport-size photographs.
Self Employed or businessman (any one of the following):
- Income Tax Returns (ITR) of last 3 years
- Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account Statement of the Company/Firm (duly attested by a C.A.)
- Business License Details (or any other equivalent document)
- License of Professional Practice (For Doctors, Consultants, etc.)
- Registration Certificate of Establishment (For Shops, Factories & Other Establishments)
- Proof of Business Address
7. Property Documents:
- NOC from Society/Builder.
- Detailed estimate of the cost of construction of house.
- Registered Sale Deed, Allotment Letter or Stamped Agreement of Sale with the Builder (original copy).
- Occupancy Certificate (in case of ready-to-move-in properties).
- Property Tax Receipts, Maintenance Bills and Electricity Bills.
- Receipts of the advance payments made towards the purchase of flat (original).
- An approved copy of the building plan (key plan/floor plan in case of purchase of flats).
- Original of the land tax paid receipt and possession certificate as issued by the revenue authority.
- Payment receipt or bank account statements showing payments made to the Builder or Seller.