Citibank Personal Loan Highlights
|Interest rate||Starting from 9.99% per annum|
|Loan Amount||Up to Rs. 30 Lakh|
|Eligible Applicants Categories|
|Eligibility Age||21 years to 60 years|
|Loan Tenure||Up to 60 months|
|Minimum Eligible Income||Rs. 25,000 per month|
|Processing Fees||Up to 3% of loan sanctioned|
|Foreclosure Charges||Up to 4% of loan principal foreclosed|
Citi Bank personal loan offers an easy way to access funds quickly. You can use the loan for a variety of emergency needs or to fulfill a planned expenditure without affecting your savings or monthly budget. Citibank personal loan are preferred by many due to low interest rate of 9.99% onwards, minimal documentation involved as well as the flexible tenure.
Features of Citi Bank Personal Loan
- Loan Amount: Citibank offers personal loans up to Rs. 30 lakh.
- Quick Disbursal: Loan amount is credited to your account within 48 hours of successful document verification as per the bank’s requirements. Please note that the timeline includes only working days.
- Loan Eligibility: You can know your eligibility for Citi Bank personal loan in just 4 hours.
- Interest Rate: Citibank offers personal loan at a fixed rate for predictable monthly payments.
- Full and Part Prepayment: Full and Partial prepayment of Citi Bank personal loan is allowed after 12 EMIs. Please note that generally the bank allows part prepayment of up to maximum 5 EMIs and minimum 2 EMIs each time.
- Debt Consolidation Loan option: You can avail a debt consolidation loan of up to Rs. 15 lakh. A maximum of 2 credit cards and 2 personal loans can be consolidated via this loan.
Citi Bank Personal Loan Interest Rates
Citi Bank personal loan interest varies between 9.99% and 18.99% per annum. The interest rate applicable to Citi Bank PL depends on key factors such as the applicant’s income, loan amount, tenure, credit score, etc. The following are the different types of personal loans offered by Citi Bank:
|Type of Personal Loan||Interest Rate (p.a.)|
|Citi Bank Personal Loan for Salaried||Starts from 9.99%|
|Citi Bank Personal Loan for Self Employed (Professional)||Starts from 16.00%|
|Citi Bank Personal Loan for Self Employed (Non- Professional)||Starts from 17.49%|
For Salaried Individuals: Depending on the net take-home monthly income and the loan tenure, the interest rate on Citi Bank personal loan for salaried individuals varies as follows:
|Net Take Home Income||Interest Rate for tenure up to 4 years (%)||Interest Rate for tenure exceeding 4 years (%)|
|Less than Rs. 60,000||10.99 onwards||11.24 onwards|
|Rs. 60,000 to 1 lakh||10.50 onwards||10.75 onwards|
|More than Rs. 1 lakh||10.50 onwards||10.75 onwards|
*ROI: Rate of Interest
Citi Bank Personal Loan interest rates for Self Employed Applicants: Depending on the gross annual take-home income, the personal loan interest rate for non-professionals and professionals varies as follows:
|Type of Self Employed Applicant||PL Interest Rate for Gross Take Home Salary up to Rs. 10 lakh (%)||PL Interest Rate for Gross Take Home Salary up to Rs. 10 lakh (%)|
|Non Professionals||17.99% – 18.99%||17.49% – 18.49%|
|Professionals||17.00% – 17.99%||16.00% – 16.99%|
Salaried employees, self-employed professionals and expats can apply for Citibank personal loan provided they meet the eligibility criteria.
|Age||21- 60 years|
|Monthly Income||Rs. 25,000|
Other eligibility criteria for Citi Bank personal loan include the length of employment/ business and credit score, which tends to differ from one applicant to another.
Documents Required for Citi Bank Personal Loan
For Salaried Individuals: Following is the list of documents required by salaried individuals applying for Citibank Personal Loan.
|Proof of Identity||Photograph (mandatory), PAN, Aadhaar Card, Driver’s Licence, Passport, Voter’s ID card, etc|
|Proof of Residence||Driving License, Passport, Voter’s ID Card, Letter from Employer, etc|
|Proof of Age||Birth Certificate, School Leaving Certificate, Passport, etc|
|Length of Employment||Letter from Employer, Old Pay Slip, Form 16, etc|
|Proof of Income||Latest Salary Slip (not older than 3 months), 3 months bank statement, Latest Form 16|
*Any one of the listed documents for each criterion.
For Self-employed Individuals: Following is the list of documents required by self-employed individuals to apply for Citibank Personal Loan.
|Proof of Identity||Photograph (mandatory), PAN, Driver Licence, Passport, Voter’s ID card, etc.|
|Proof of Residence||Utility bill not more than 3 months old with name and address, Passport, Voter’s ID Card, Letter from Employer, etc.|
|Proof of Age||Birth Certificate, School Leaving Certificate, DOB on Tax Return, etc.|
|Continuity of Business||Lease Deed, Ownership Document, Utility Bills, 3 year old bank statement, etc|
|Proof of Income||IT Returns for last 2 years and supplementary documents, P&L Account, Audit Report, etc|
*Any one of the listed documents for each criterion.
For Expats: Following is the list of documents required by Expats to apply for Citibank Personal Loan
|Proof of Identity||Photograph (mandatory), PAN, Valid VISA, etc|
|Proof of Residence||Letter from Employer/ Certificate from Embassy of the Country of Origin, Rent Agreement, Valid Aadhaar Card, etc.|
|Proof of Age||Birth Certificate, Passport, School Leaving Certificate, DOB on Tax Return, etc|
|Continuity of Business||Letter from Employer, Old Pay Slips, HR Check by Designated CPA Resource, etc|
|Proof of Income||Latest Salary Slip (not more than 3 months old), Latest Form 16, etc|
*Any one of the listed documents for each criterion.
How to Apply for Citi Bank PL with Paisabazaar?
Step 1: Fill out the personal loan application form at Paisabazaar.com given at the top of this page.
Step 2: Provide your company details and work experience to see the offers listed as per the chances of approval.
Step 3: Select the best-suited lender or call Paisabazaar for assistance.
Personal Loan Verification Process
The general verification process for approval of a personal loan involves the following steps:
- Personal Loan Application: You submit the duly filled application form to the lender.
- Document Collection: Lender’s representative calls and collects your documents.
- Document Verification: The bank or NBFC verifies your documents.
- Loan Approval: Upon successful verification, the loan is approved.
- Loan Disbursal: The loan amount is disbursed after you sign the loan agreement.
Processing Time for Citi Bank Personal Loan: Citibank personal loan is generally approved in a matter of hours. However, in certain conditions the bank may take longer depending on the applicant’s profile.
Check Citi Bank Personal Loan Application Status
You will receive a unique personal loan application number/ form number when you apply for Citi Bank personal loan. Contact the bank’s phone helpline and provide this number to know the status of your personal loan application.
|Citi Bank Phone Helpline*|
|For India||1860 210 2484 (Subject to local call charges)|
|For Outside India||+91 22 4955 2484 (Subject to applicable charges)|
*The phone helpline for loan-related queries is operational between 9 AM to 7 PM (Monday to Saturday) except on national holidays.
Fees and Other Charges
(deducted at the time of disbursal)
|Up to 3% of the approved loan amount + Taxes|
|Loan Pre-closure Charges||Up to 4% on total principal outstanding at the time of full and final settlement of account + Interest for the ongoing month + Taxes|
|Stamp Duty |
(applicable on the loan agreement)
|As per the prevalent state laws|
|Processing Fee||Up to 3%|
How to Login on Citi Bank Portal?
Step 1: Visit the Citibank online portal.
Step 2: Enter your User ID/ IPIN/ QPIN and password to login.
NOTE: First time users need to generate Citibank user ID to visit the online portal.
Citi Bank Personal Loan Statement
You can check the Citi Bank personal loan account statement through the Citi Bank online portal.
Step 1: Login to the Citibank online portal.
Step 2: Click on the “Personal Loan” tab at the top of the page.
Step 3: Click on the “+” icon to view the personal loan account.
Step 4: Click on the personal loan account link.
Step 5: Click “View Loan Account Statement” at the bottom of the page to view and download the statement.
Step 6: You can also view and download the statement for last 6 months by clicking on “View Statement Details”.
Citi Bank PL EMI Calculation
The following is an example of the EMI calculation for Citi Bank personal loan for various loan principal, interest rate and tenure:
|Loan Amount (Rs.) and Interest Rate|
Monthly EMI Payout (Rs.)
|1-year loan tenure||2-year loan tenure||3-year loan tenure||4-year loan tenure||5-year loan tenure|
|2 lakh @ 13% p.a.||17,863||9,508||6,738||5,365||4,550|
|10 lakh @ 14% p.a.||89,787||48,012||34,177||27,326||23,268|
|4 lakh @ 15% p.a.||36,103||19,394||13,866||11,132||9,515|
Citi Bank Personal Loan TopUp
Citibank offers personal loan top up, that is, you can borrow additional funds over your existing personal loan once you have completed payment of 12 EMIs. However, the approval for the top up loan depends on the applicant’s profile and Citibank’s credit acceptance parameters. Moreover the loan amount, interest rate and tenure in case of a Citi Bank top-up loan varies from one applicant to another. You can contact Citi Bank customer care to know if you qualify for a personal loan top-up on your existing loan.
Comparison of Citi Bank PL vs Other Lenders
The following is a comparison of the key features of a personal loan from Citibank as compared to other lenders.
|Comparison Criteria||Citibank||Axis Bank||HDFC Bank||ICICI Bank||Yes Bank|
|Interest Rate||9.99% onwards||12-24%||10.75-21.30%||11.25-22.00%||10.75% onwards|
|Tenure||12 to 60 months||12 to 60 months||12 to 60 months||12 to 60 months||12 to 60 months|
|Loan amount||Up to Rs. 30 lakh||Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 15 lakh||Upto Rs. 40 lakh||Upto Rs. 20 lakh||Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 40 lakh|
|Processing Fee||Upto 3% of the loan amount||Upto 2% of the loan amount plus GST||Upto 2.50% of the loan amount||Upto 2.25% of loan amount plus GST||Upto 2.5% of the loan amount + taxes|
Citi Bank Customer Care
The customer care department at Citibank can be contacted including phone, email and online as follows:
- Citi Bank Phone Helpline: For loan-related queries, Citi Bank phone helpline is operational between 9 AM to 7 PM (Monday-Saturday) except on national holidays. The following are the helpline numbers (standard calling charges will apply):
|For India||1860 210 2484|
|For Outside India||+91 22 4955 2484|
- E-mail: You can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Virtual Assistant: You can get an instantaneous response to your query using the Citibank Virtual Assistant.
- Login to Citibank Online: You may login to Citi Bank Online to get a personalized response to your query.
Benefits of Applying for Personal Loan at Paisabazaar
There are a number of benefits when you apply for a personal loan with Paisabazaar:
- You need not visit individual banks or NBFC websites to check different personal loan offers you qualify for. Paisabazaar platform allows you to check offers from 30+ lenders at the same time to help you make an informed choice.
- You can know the eligible loan amount through our platform.
- Paisabazaar uses a proprietary algorithm called SmartMatch, which tells you the chances of approval for all the personal loan offers. Your loan offers are arranged according to the chances of approval.
- Our platform helps you plan your monthly finances through its EMI calculator. You can calculate your monthly EMI payout before applying for the loan by just providing the desired loan amount, interest rate and tenure.
- Paisabazaar helps you get an instant conditional e-approval from the chosen lender.
- We are ISO 27001-2013 certified. Hence, all personal details provided as part of your loan application are kept private and safe.
Following are some of the important points that should be kept in mind before applying for Citibank personal loan:
- Eligibility Criteria: Check the bank’s eligibility criteria before applying for the personal loan.
- Credit Score: Maintain a good credit score as it is indicative of your repayment ability. Higher your credit score (closer to 900), more are the chances of loan approval.
- Avoid multiple loan applications: Do not apply for a personal loan with multiple lenders at the same time. This can portray you as credit hungry and adversely affect your credit score.
- EMI to income ratio: Maintain a low EMI to income ratio, ideally less than 50% to help you
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What is the turn-around-time for Citibank personal loan disbursal?
Loan amount is generally credited to your Citibank account within 48 hours of a personal loan application being approved. In case your personal loan is to be disbursed to the savings account of a different bank, it may take a bit longer.
Q2. Can I change the loan tenure or EMI amount once my loan application is approved?
No, you cannot change Citi Bank personal loan tenure or EMI amount once the loan has been sanctioned.
Q3. What is the maximum limit for Citi Bank personal loan?
Currently the maximum limit for a Citi Bank personal loan is Rs. 30 lakh.
Q4. What is Citibank instant personal loan?
Citibank instant personal loan is a pre-approved loan offer available to select individuals where funds are generally credited within 30 minutes of application. It does not require any documentation and the entire procedure of loan approval and disbursal can be completed over phone or through the online banking portal.Read more about Citibank instant personal loan.
Q5. How to use an EMI calculator?
Paisabazaar EMI calculator is an easy-to-use tool, where you can provide the desired loan amount, interest rate and tenure to get the EMI amount.
Q6. How is Citibank personal loan interest rate calculated?
Citibank personal loan interest is calculated using the following formulae:Interest at the time of loan disbursal = (Loan Outstanding x ROI% X number of days remaining in a month) / [365 + (ROI X Number of days remaining in the month)]Interest for every subsequent month = (Loan Outstanding x ROI%) x (Number of days in a month/365 days)Where:ROI – Rate of Interest“365” is replaced by “366” in case of a leap year.
Q7. How does credit score impact my loan application?
Credit score is a 3-digit number that generally ranges from 300-900 and serves as a measure of your repayment ability as well as creditworthiness. It is one of the first things that a lender checks when you apply for a loan. Greater you credit score i.e. closer to 900, better are the chances of loan approval. You can check your credit score for free with Paisabazaar.com.
Q8. How often will I get the Citibank personal loan account statement?
Citibank personal loan account statement is issued annually on the 31st of March and sent via post to your address. Thus, ensure that you have your most recent address updated with the bank.
Q9. Can I get a copy of my Citi Bank personal loan account statement before end of the year?
Yes, you can request a statement of your loan account by contacting CitiPhone helpline or by logging on to your Citibank online banking platform using your Citibank Online IPIN.
Q10. Can I get a top-up loan on my existing Citibank personal loan?
Citibank personal loan top up offers are available only to select individuals who already have a partially paid off personal loan from Citi. You have to log into your online banking account or call up the Citi Bank Helpline in order to check if you qualify for a Citi Bank top-up loan. The interest rate, quantum and tenure in such cases differ from one applicant to another.