Bank of Baroda, one of India’s leading public sector banks, offers an impressive range of fixed deposit accounts. These fixed deposit accounts are like a saving account that pays the account holder a fixed rate of interest on the savings which are invested for a stipulated duration that is decided beforehand. Bank of Baroda offers short, medium, and long term tenors at attractive interest rates that are subject to change, based on market conditions and the bank’s liquidity requirements.
Loans against your Bank of Baroda Fixed Deposit
Bank of Baroda offers its customers the option to take a loan against their fixed deposit accounts. By providing funds up to 95% of the value of their fixed deposit, it allows the customers to fulfill their financial requirements without having to liquidate their fixed deposit accounts. These loans are granted as demand loans or as overdrafts against the deposits.
- Type of loan– Demand loan/ Overdraft against deposit
- Loan or overdraft amount –
- Minimum amount: Rs. 25,000
- Maximum amount: No ceiling
- The Applicable Rate of Interest – Based on the loan amount, the interest is generally around 1 – 4% over the fixed deposit rate
- The loan may be for any tenure just as long as the time period does not exceed fixed deposits’ tenure.
- Available to self and third party individuals.
- Helps in liquidity management, as these loans can help you get money for your financial requirements without having to break your FDs
- Lower rates of interest as compared to personal loans as unlike personal loans, loans against FDs are secured loans with the underlying deposit in your account.
- Bank of Baroda offers loans against FD up to 95% of the total value of the fixed deposit account.
- Access to the loan amount with cheque book, ATM and internet banking.
The process to avail a loan against a fixed deposit account at Bank of Baroda can take as little as a day of processing time, provided that the applicant satisfies the following eligibility requirements.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India
- The applicant should be able to produce a valid Bank of Baroda Fixed Deposit account