IndusInd Bank FD Interest Rates Highlights
|Highest slab rate||6.75% p.a. (1 year 6 months to below 61 months)|
|For 1 year||6.25% p.a.|
|For 2 years||6.75% p.a.|
|For 3 years||6.75% p.a.|
|For 4 years||6.75% p.a.|
|For 5 years||6.75% p.a.|
|Tax-Saving FD||6.75% p.a.|
The interest rates are updated as of 12 August 2022
IndusInd Bank FD Interest Rates 2022
IndusInd Bank FD Interest Rates for Domestic/NRO Deposits of less than Rs. 2 crore w.e.f. 12 August 2022
|Tenure||Regular Citizens (%)||Senior Citizens (%)|
|7 days to 14 days||3.50||4.25|
|15 days to 30 days||3.50||4.25|
|31 days to 45 days||4.00||4.75|
|46 days to 60 days||4.00||4.75|
|61 days to 90 days||4.25||5.00|
|91 days to 120 days||4.50||5.25|
|121 days to 180 days||4.75||5.50|
|181 days to 210 days||5.00||5.75|
|211 days to 269 days||5.25||6.00|
|270 days to 354 days||5.50||6.25|
|355 days to 364 days||5.50||6.25|
|1 year to below 1 year 6 months||6.25||7.00|
|1 year 6 months to below 1 year 7 months||6.75||7.50|
|1 year 7 months to below 2 years||6.75||7.50|
|2 years to below 2 years 6 months||6.75||7.50|
|2 years 6 months to below 2 years 9 months||6.75||7.50|
|2 years 9 months to below 3 years||6.75||7.50|
|3 years to below 61 months||6.75||7.50|
|61 months and above||6.25||7.00|
Note: Additional Senior citizens interest rates will not be applicable for NRO Fixed Deposits.
IndusInd Bank Tax Saver Deposit
|Tenure||Regular Citizens||Senior Citizens|
FD Interest Rates for Domestic/NRO Deposits of Rs. 2 crore to less than Rs. 5 crore w.e.f. 12 August 2022
|Tenure||Regular Citizens (% p.a.)|
|7 days to 14 days||4.00|
|15 days to 30 days||4.10|
|31 days to 45 days||4.25|
|46 days to 60 days||4.35|
|61 days to 90 days||4.50|
|91 days to 120 days||5.00|
|121 days to 180 days||5.10|
|181 days to 210 days||5.25|
|211 days to 269 days||5.40|
|270 days to 354 days||5.75|
|355 days to 364 days||6.00|
|1 year to below 1 year 6 months||6.25|
|1 year 6 months to below 1 year 7 months||6.75|
|1 year 7 months to below 2 years||6.75|
|2 years to below 2 years 6 months||6.75|
|2 years 6 months to below 2 years 9 months||6.75|
|2 years 9 months to below 3 years||6.75|
|3 years to below 61 months||6.75|
|61 months and above||6.50|
Note: Additional interest rate benefit to the senior citizen will not be applicable for deposits of Rs. 2 crore to less than Rs. 5 crore
Interest Rates on NRE deposits w.e.f. 8 August 2022
|Tenure||Less than Rs. 2 Crores||Rs. 2 Crores to less than Rs. 5 Crores|
|1 year to below 1 year 6 months||7.25%||7.25%|
|1 year 6 months to below 1 year 7 months||7.25%||7.25%|
|1 year 7 months to below 2 years||7.25%||7.25%|
|2 years to below 2 years 6 months||7.25%||7.25%|
|2 years 6 months to below 2 years 9 months||7.00%||7.00%|
|2 years 9 months to below 3 years||7.00%||7.00%|
|3 years to below 5 years 1 month||7.00%||7.00%|
|5 years 1 month and above||6.00%||6.00%|
Note: The NRE deposit rates are applicable only for tenures of 1 year onwards
Interest Rates on FCNR/RFC* deposits w.e.f. 8 August 2022
|Tenure||Interest Rates (% p.a.)|
|1 year to less than 2 years||4.15||3.20||1.25||–||4.00||3.85|
|2 years to less than 3 years||4.30||3.55||1.70||2.20||4.20||4.30|
|3 years to less than 4 years||3.75||3.10||1.40||1.50||3.75||4.05|
|4 years to less than 5 years||3.60||3.00||1.40||–||3.65||4.05|
*RFC Deposit Rates are available only in USD, GBP & Euro
Types of IndusInd Bank FD Schemes
Regular Fixed Deposit Account
- This term deposit plan comes with hassle-free online booking (especially for IndusInd customers), flexible tenure and multiple interest payment options.
- Tenure: 6 months to 10 years
- Minimum Deposit Amount: Rs. 10,000
- Maximum Deposit Amount: Rs. 10 Lakhs (Rs. 90,000 for new customers)
- Tax Saver FD: The depositor can book an FD of 5 years or above to be eligible for tax benefits under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act
- Interest Payout: These interest payout options for this term deposit product are monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, yearly and at maturity.
IndusInd Deposit Plus Account
- This term deposit plan ensures capital protection while offering the potential of earning higher returns via investing the interest income in Mutual fund Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)
- Tenor: 7 days to 120 months
- Minimum Deposit Amount: Rs. 10,000
- Capital Protection: As principal amount remains invested in an FD, it offers maximum capital protection to any bank FDs
- Interest Payout: The interest earned from IndusInd Deposit Plus will be credited into the savings or current account of the depositor, which is then invested in a mutual fund (chosen by the depositor) through the SIP route. The minimum monthly interest payout should be Rs. 1,000 to be eligible for the Deposit Plus Scheme.
- Overdraft and Premature Withdrawal: Both these facilities are available in the Deposit Plus Account
- Eligibility: Any resident with an IndusInd savings or current account , and any Non resident with an IndusInd NRE or NRO account (excluding minors) can open a Deposit Plus Account
IndusInd Bank Green Fixed Deposit
- It allocates the FD proceeds obtained through the Green Fixed Deposit scheme for financing or refinancing the assets aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (such as energy efficiency, agriculture, renewable energy, forestry, waste management, sustainable foods and greenhouse gas reduction).
- Tenor: The tenor for the Green Fixed Deposit scheme is mentioned below:
|FD Value||FD Tenor|
|More than Rs. 5 crores||344 to 354 days|
|18 to 19 months|
|24 to 61 months|
|Less than Rs. 5 crores||24 to 61 months|
- Additional interest: Any individual aged above 60 years will get additional interest of 0.75% p.a. for a deposit value below Rs. 2 crores (Not applicable for NRO/NRE deposits).
- Insurance: The deposits in this FD are backed by insurance of up to Rs. 5 lakhs.
- Premature withdrawal: The premature withdrawal charges are 1% of the total FD value.
- Green Certificate: The depositors will get a ‘Green Certificate’ along with their regular FD advice.
- Eligibility: The IndusInd Bank Green FD Account can be opened by Individuals, Hindu Undivided Families (HUFs), Sole Proprietors, Partnership firms, Limited Companies, Guardians (on behalf of a minor), Societies, Clubs, Trusts and Associations.
IndusInd Bank Senior Citizens Savings Scheme
- This FD scheme is launched for senior citizens to provide higher interest rates on their term deposits
- Minimum Deposit Amount: Rs. 10,000
- Tenor: 7 days to 120 months
- Interest Rate: 0.75% more than the interest rate on term deposits for regular customers
- Joint Deposits: In case of a joint deposit account under this scheme, the first name should be of a senior citizen.
- Commercial Usage: The deposits under this scheme should not be used as collateral/security for commercial purposes.
- Premature Closure: Premature withdrawal by breaking the FD before the maturity date is permitted under the Senior Citizens Savings Scheme.
IndusInd Sweep In/Sweep Out
- This scheme helps individuals to get higher returns while ensuring liquidity, without incurring any additional costs for it, on their savings or current account either by transferring the excess amount beyond a threshold limit in the term deposits or breaking those deposits in case of insufficient balance in those accounts.
- Minimum Deposit Amount: Applicable as per the underlying current or savings bank account type.
- Tenor: 30 days to 24 months
- Premature Closure: Premature Withdrawal is applicable in the sweep in/sweep out Scheme.
- Eligibility: Individuals or Companies who are getting regular inflow/outflow in their current or savings bank accounts are best suited for this scheme.
NRE Fixed Deposit
- It is a term deposit plan in the Indian Rupee for NRIs and PIOs to make deposits from income earned through foreign sources
- Tenure: 1 – 10 years
- Taxation: The interest earned on NRE FD account is completely exempt from taxation in India
- Interest: The interest for NRE FD is compounded on a quarterly basis. The depositor needs to keep the funds in NRE FD account for minimum 1 year to earn interest on their deposit
- Repatriation of Funds: The deposits in the NRE deposit account (both principal and interest) are fully repatriable
NRO Fixed Deposit
- This Indian Rupee term deposit plan is suitable for NRIs and PIOs who want to invest their income generated in India
- Tenure: 7 days to 10 years
- Taxation: The interest earned on NRO FD account is subject to 30% taxation (plus the applicable surcharge and cess)
- Interest: The interest for NRO FD is compounded on a quarterly basis. The depositor needs to keep the funds in the account for minimum 1 year to earn interest on their deposit
- Repatriation of Funds: RBI permits repatriation of up to US$ 1 million (or an equivalent amount) in a financial year for bonafide purposes
FCNR Deposit for NRI
- This term deposit plan allows NRI depositors hold their overseas earnings in foreign currency without converting them in Indian Rupees to protect from exchange rate risk.
- Tenure: 1 – 5 years
- Taxation: The interest earned on FCNR Deposit for NRI is completely exempt from taxation in India
- Interest: The interest for NRO FD is compounded on a half-yearly basis. The depositor needs to keep the funds in the account for minimum 1 year to earn interest on their deposit
- Repatriation of Funds: The deposits in the FCNR deposit account (both principal and interest) are fully repatriable
IndusInd bank FD Calculator
IndusInd Fixed Deposit Calculator can be used to check the interest and maturity amount that the depositor shall get on maturity. Since IndusInd FD interest rates keep on changing, it is highly advisable to check the maturity amount as per the prevailing interest rates before investing in a fixed deposit. The tool requires minimal information including the deposit amount and tenure for which this amount is to be deposited. Along with these two inputs, customers need to provide the fixed deposit rate too on which the maturity amount will be calculated.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. What is the minimum tenure of the IndusInd Bank Fixed Deposit Scheme?
A. The minimum tenure of the IndusInd Bank Fixed Deposit Scheme is 7 days.
Q. What is the maximum tenure of the IndusInd Bank Fixed Deposit Scheme?
A. The maximum tenure of the IndusInd Bank Fixed Deposit Scheme is 10 years.
Q. Is a premature withdrawal facility available for Indus Tax Saver Deposit Scheme?
A. No, premature withdrawal is not available for Indus Tax Saver Deposit Scheme.
Q. What is the highest interest rate of IndusInd fixed deposit schemes to regular individuals?
A. The highest interest rate of IndusInd Bank’s fixed deposit scheme to regular individuals is 6.75%, for a tenure of 1 year 6 months to below 61 months.
Q. What is the highest interest rate of IndusInd Bank fixed deposit schemes to senior citizens?
A. The highest interest rate of the IndusInd Bank fixed deposit scheme to senior citizens is 7.50%, for a tenure of 1 year 6 months to below 61 months.
Q. Can an account holder apply for IndusInd Bank FD via Internet Banking?
A. Yes, an account holder can easily apply for IndusInd Bank FD via Internet Banking.