PNB Housing Finance FD Interest Rates (p.a.) Highlights 2022
|Highest slab rate||7.30% (for 60 months to 71 months)|
|For 1 year||6.50%|
|For 2 years||6.55%|
|For 3 years||7.25%|
|For 4 years||7.15%|
|For 5 years||7.30%|
The interest rates are updated as of 23 August 2022
|FD Rating of PNB Housing Fixed Deposits|
|Credit Rating Agency||Rating||Outlook|
PNB Housing Finance FD Rates
Fixed Deposit Rates on Domestic deposits of up to Rs 5 crore w.e.f. 10 August 2022
|Tenure (Months)||Interest Rates (% p.a.)|
|Regular Citizens||Senior Citizens|
|12 – 23||6.50||6.75|
|24 – 35||6.55||6.80|
|36 – 47||7.25||7.50|
|48 – 59||7.15||7.40|
|72 – 84||7.25||7.50|
Note: Additional senior citizen special rates (0.25%) are applicable for deposits up to Rs 1 crore.
|Tenure (Months)||Interest Rates (% p.a.)|
|12 – 23||6.31||6.35||6.40||6.50|
|24 – 35||6.36||6.39||6.44||6.55|
|36 – 47||7.02||7.06||7.12||7.25|
|48 – 59||6.92||6.96||7.02||7.15|
|72 – 84||7.02||7.05||7.12||7.25|
Types of PNB Housing Finance FD Schemes
- Minimum deposit amount: Rs 10,000
- The interest earned is credited annually and is paid at the time of maturity along with the principal
- The interest gets compounded annually which helps depositors yield higher returns
- Minimum deposit amount:
- Rs 25,000 for monthly income schemes
- Rs 10,000 for all other schemes
- Monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual interest payout options are available
- Depositors can use regular interest payments to meet daily expenses
Get a lifetime FREE Step UP Credit Card with a credit limit of 100% of your FD
Joint Fixed Deposit – Adding Co-applicants in Deposits
- Depositors can open a joint FD account with a maximum of 3 joint holders
- In the case of non-cumulative deposits, the interest will be paid to the first applicant
- In the case of cumulative deposits, the interest is deemed to be accrued in the name of the first applicant
- The repayment at maturity will be as per the instructions provided in the FD application form
Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) Fixed Deposit
- Eligibility: NRIs and Persons of Indian Origin
- Maximum tenure: 3 years
- The principal amount and the interest earned will be credited to the NRO account of the depositor
- The principal amount and the interest component are not allowed to be transferred back to the country of residence or converted to foreign currency
PNB Housing Loan against FD
- Loan against FD is available against 75% of the deposit
- This facility is available for cumulative and non-cumulative options
- Depositors availing the loan need to pay a 2% higher interest rate than the maximum fixed deposit
Book SBM Bank FD & Get a Lifetime Step UP Credit Card with no annual fees
Premature Withdrawal of Fixed Deposits
- Fixed deposit can be prematurely withdrawn after compulsory lock-in for 3 months. However, the interest rate charged would be lower than the initial agreed about fixed deposit interest rate.
- The interest rate for premature withdrawals, applicable:
- If the FD is withdrawn within 6 months from the date of deposit, interest payable will be at 4% p.a.
- If the FD is withdrawn after 6 months, the interest payable will be at 1% less than the FD interest rate applicable on public FD of the tenure for which the deposit was held
PNB Housing FD Calculator
To ascertain the returns that one may get from investing in a PNB Housing Finance fixed deposit scheme, it is highly advised to go for the PNB FD calculator – a tool available for free at Paisabazaar.com. This tool can be used to calculate the maturity amount for any tenure and deposit amount and can be used multiple times.
Customers need to enter the deposit amount, current PNB Housing Finance FD rates for the respective tenure along with the tenure for which the deposit is to be kept. On submission of the said details, the calculated maturity amount shall be displayed on the page which can be compared with FDs from banks/companies so as to make a well-informed decision.
Q. Is it safe to invest in PNB Housing Finance FD?
A. If credit ratings are checked properly and thorough knowledge is gained on the company one is investing in, investors can have safer experience of putting money in company fixed deposits.
Q. Are PNB Housing Finance FD rates different from PNB FD rates?
A. Yes. FD rates for PNB Housing Finance are usually higher as compared to those offered by Punjab National Bank.
Q. What is the difference between PNB Housing Finance fixed deposits and PNB housing fixed deposits?
A. Fixed deposits by PNB Housing Finance are provided by a company dealing in loans and deposits solely whereas the other one, i.e. FD by Punjab National Bank is forwarded by a nationalized public bank. While the former provides FD of a single type, the latter offers varied fixed deposit options to invest.
Q. What are the highest PNB Housing FD rates available?
A. Currently, the highest interest rate one can fetch on investing in an FD with PNB Housing Finance is 7.30%.
Q. Do senior citizens get any extra benefits on investing in fixed deposits with PNB Housing?
A. Yes, the finance company provides preferential interest rates at 0.25% over the regular rates on deposits up to Rs. 1 crore.