|PPF Form A||Account Opening|
|PPF Form B||Contribution|
|PPF Form C||Partial Withdrawal|
|PPF Form D||Loan|
|PPF Form E||Nomination|
|PPF Form F||Change of Nomination|
|PPF Form G||Claim|
|PPF Form H||Extension|
There are specific form for Public Provident fund (PPF) account opening, partial withdrawals, loans, nomination and extension of the PPF account. In this article, we take you through each of them. Some of these forms have become irrelevant/converted to online forms with specific banks. These banks moved some PPF procedures like account opening or contributions, online.
Forms Required for PPF Account Opening
1) PPF Account Opening Form: PPF Form A is used to open a PPF account. On this form, you have to mention your name, address and the amount of the initial cheque to open the PPF account. If you are opening an account for a minor you have to mention the name of the minor, his/her date of birth and your relationship with the minor. You have to give a declaration that you do not have any other PPF account except in the name of a minor. Some banks like ICICI Bank allow you to open a PPF account online. In such a case, you would have to submit these details online.
2) PPF Contribution Form: PPF Form B is needed to make contributions to the PPF account. The subscriber’s name, PPF account number and amount to be credited has to be mentioned. You can use this form to also repay a loan you have taken against the PPF or to pay interest on such a loan. You can also you the form to pay fees or late penalties. Some banks allow online contributions to the PPF account and do not require this form.
3) PPF Partial Withdrawal Form: PPF Form C is required to be submitted to make a partial withdrawal from the PPF account. Details such as PPF account number and amount of money to be withdrawn have to be mentioned on the form. You also have to mention how many years have elapsed since the expiry of the year in which you opened the PPF account. This is because you can only make partial withdrawals, after 6 year expire from the year in which you opened the PPF account. In case, the account is in the name of the minor, additional declaration stating that the amount is required for the use of minor child who is still a minor and is alive. You also have to submit a passbook along with the form.
At the end of the form, you have to mention whether the amount is to be credited to your savings account or credited by demand draft (DD) and affix a revenue stamp to the form.
4) PPF Loan Form: PPF Form D is required to be submitted to avail loan against the PPF account. You have to state your PPF account number and the amount of loan required and give undertaking that the amount will be repaid with interest within three years. You also have to enclose your PPF passbook along with the form.
5) PPF Nomination Form: PPF Form E is used to add a nominee to the PPF account. Nomination can be made at any time during the tenure of account. You have to state your name and the name of your nominee as well the PPF account number. You also have to mention the address of the nominee and the date of birth if the nominee is a minor. Further, if the nominee is a minor, you have to state the name and address of the person who will receive the amount for the nominee, during his minority. If you have more than one nominee, you have to specify the share of each nominee in the PPF account.
6) PPF Change of Nomination Form: PPF Form F is used for change, cancellation or alteration in nomination. You have to mention the date of the original nomination in the cancellation form. You have to state your name and the name of your nominee as well the PPF account number. You also have to mention the address of the nominee and the date of birth if the nominee is a minor. Further, if the nominee is a minor, you have to state the name and address of the person who will receive the amount for the nominee, during his minority. If you have more than one nominee, you have to specify the share of each nominee in the PPF account.
7) PPF Claim Form: PPF Form G is for nominees to make a claim for the PPF account. The nominee has to attach the death certificate, succession certificate, PPF passbook, letter of indemnity, affidavit and letter of disclaimer on the affidavit, along with the PPF form. The nominee also has to sign an acknowledgment of receipt of the PPF amount and affix a Rs 1 revenue stamp to the form. If there is no nominee, the legal heirs can also claim the PPF amount using this form.
8) PPF Extension Form: PPF Form H is used to extend the PPF amount after the maturity period of 15 years. It has to be submitted within 1 year of maturity. Once Form H is submitted, you can continue to contribute towards the PPF account and earn interest on the fresh contributions. The extension is done in blocks of five years at a time. If you fail to submit Form H within 1 year of maturity, you cannot make fresh contributions to the PPF.