The central government has deactivated around 11.44 lakh fake PAN cards by 27 Jul, 2017, according to reports. As per the rules, no person or an entity can have two PAN (Permanent Account Number) cards. The list of deactivated PAN cards also contains those PAN cards that were allotted to non-existent individuals or entities.
A Good Credit Score can help in getting Loan Approvals Easily Check Now
The Income Tax Department has, however, made provisions under which people can check whether their PAN card is still active or not. You can find out whether your PAN is active or not by following these simple steps:
- Visit http://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in website and click on “Know Your PAN” option under “Services” section.
- Fill in the details like your name, status, date of birth, gender and mobile number.
- When you submit the form, a pin is sent to your mobile number for verification. Enter the OTP and click on the validate button.
- In case there are multiple PAN cards registered under you details, a notice is shown mentioning that there are multiple records for the query and that the user has to provide additional information to check the status of his PAN. Enter the details and click on the submit button.
- On the next page, the user will be able to see the validity of his existing PAN card and its jurisdiction.