Are you looking for ways to check if your name is enlisted on the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana list 2018 – 2019? Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) is a Government initiated scheme and was launched by Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi in June 2015 with an aim to provide affordable housing to weaker and mid-income section of Indian. The scheme proposes to build around 2 crore pucca houses by 2022 with all basic amenities, such as water facility, sanitation and electricity supply. In collaboration with private developers, the government aims to help slum dwellers get urban establishments for themselves. Furthermore, the plan offers credit-linked subsidy to weaker and mid-income sections on loans availed for construction of a new house or renovation of existing ones.
After applying successfully for the scheme, PMAY beneficiaries get application reference number which can be used to check whether their names have appeared in the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List or not. If you too have applied for PMAY scheme but don’t know how to check your name in the PMAY List, read below.
How to Check Names in Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List
PMAY scheme is for both urban and rural areas of India. Even the department concerned releases 2 different Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Lists, one for urban population and another for the rural population. Follow the below mentioned steps to check if your name appears on the PMAY list 2019-2020 or not:
Check PMAY Urban List
- Visit the PMAY official website.
- Select “Search by Name” option from the “Search Beneficiary”drop-down menu.
- Enter the first 3 characters of your name and click on the “Show” button.
- Soon the results will appear on the screen. Check the list to find your name and other details.
PMAY Gramin List or PMAY Rural List
Check PMAY Gramin List with registration number
- If you applied for PMAY-Gramin (Rural) scheme, you would receive a registration number if application is accepted. To search for your name using the PMAY-Gramin registration number, follow these steps:
- Visit the PMAY-Gramin official website.
- Enter the registration number.
- If your registration number is present on the list, you can check the related details.
Check Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna Gramin List without registration number
- Visit the PMAY-Gramin official website.
- Instead of entering the registration number, click on “Advanced Search” button.
- Enter the details as required in the form and click on the “Search” button.
- If your name is present on the list, you can check the details.
Beneficiaries List of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)
Below listed are the prime beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana:
- Scheduled Tribe(STs)
- Scheduled Caste(SCs)
- Women of all caste and religion
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS)
- Group 1 (Medium income)
- Group 2 (Medium income)
- Population belonging to lower income group
Features of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Beneficiaries are offered interest subsidy at 6.5% on housing loan for 15 years [Check Current Home Loan Rates by Top Providers]
- Focusing on differently abled as well as senior citizens, there is a specific allocation preference for ground floor properties
- There is a stern usage of eco-friendly and sustainable technologies for construction of houses
The Government of India would be using SECC 2011 for the identification and selection of beneficiaries on Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana list. Further, a discussion with village panchayats and tehsils are conducted before preparing the final list under the rural housing scheme. Let us look at the points that make you eligible to avail the benefits of the scheme.
- A household managing an overall annual income between ₹6 lakh- ₹18 lakh is eligible to request an application for PMAY. Further, the candidate can include the income statistics of the spouse while requesting for this scheme
- Women who are Indian citizens can also apply
- The receiver is allowed to only purchase a new house for enjoying benefits associated to Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Candidates who already own a house, are not eligible for the PMAY scheme
- Candidates are allowed to construct or buy only new houses. A person cannot enjoy PMAY benefits on houses which are already built
- Moreover, people belonging to low income group, that is, economically weaker and LIG sections are also permitted to apply
- Scheduled castes and tribes are also eligible to avail this facility
Check: How to Apply for PMAY Online
Objectives of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Scheme
According to the recent estimates, the population comprising of urban dwellers across India has increased at a significant rate. Moreover, there are huge expectations pointing out at greater growth rate in the coming years. As per statistics, by 2050 the urban residential population is likely to climb to 814 million! Hence, the chief challenges also cover provisions to provide people different housing options which are affordable. This indeed includes prime concerns such as sanitation together with sustainable development.
- The major objective of Prime Minister Awas Yojana Urban is to give houses that are counted affordable for every eligible candidate by end of 2022
- Accessibility to demographics which are precise such as women, economically challenged sections along with people from minorities like Scheduled Tribes and Schedule Castes.
- The government has also included some of the sections that tend to get ignored like lower-income groups, widows, transgender, etc.
- Senior citizens and differently abled get special preference for ground floor properties
- It is important to register yourself to seek the benefits of the scheme
What are the ways to check the Name in Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List?
What are the valid interest subsidy as well as the loan amount concerned with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
For beneficiaries belonging to economically weaker section together with low income group looking for housing loans are tagged as eligible for availing interest subsidy at 6.5%. This is available for an overall duration of 20 years.
How is the PMAY List of Beneficiaries Prepared?
To identify and choose the PMAY beneficiaries, the government considers the Socio Economic and Caste Census 2011 (SECC 2011). It is the 1st paperless caste-based census conducted in India. The government also involves tehsils and panchayats in finalising the final list. The main objective here is to maintain transparency and provide affordable housing benefits to deserving applicants.
What are the basic income conditions for LIG and EWS categories?
As per the scheme, the income norms concerned with LIG and EWS categories are as follows:
- An annual income of Rs. 3 lakh for EWS households
- An annual income between Rs. 3 lakh and Rs. 6 lakh for LIG households
What are the full forms of EWS, LIG, MIG and HIG?
The full form of EWS is economic weaker section, LIG is lower income group, MIG is Middle income group and HIG is higher income group. These terms used to show income conditions of individuals and generally used for home standards.