Customer’s who have taken home loan from HDFC Bank can access their home loan statements or interest certificates online through the portal provided by the bank.
An account statement or a bank statement is basically a summary of all the financial transactions which has taken place over a particular period of time in any bank account that are held by a person or any business entity with a particular financial institution. Bank statements are typically one or several pieces of paper on which all the transactions which has taken place in a customer bank account are printed on it. Nowadays, the procedure of receiving the bank statement has changed a bit. Presently, the statements are directly mailed to the customers or even the customer can download their bank statements through net banking. In recent years, providing statement to the customers have shifted towards paperless and electronic mode.
Nowadays, there are ATMs also to provide the facility of account statement to the customers. ATM gives an option to print a condensed version of statement which is usually called as transaction history.
HDFC Home Loan Statement:
HDFC bank being one of the leading banks in the private sector provides its customers with various features, one of them is providing the customer with an online facility wherein the customer can login and access their home loan statements or even their interest certificate statements by simply submitting the necessary information to the portal which has been provided to the customers by the bank.
Key Points to remember while obtaining HDFC bank home Loan statement:
When a customer is looking for a Home Loan Statement or any interest certificate online then they need to know this following information:
- The online portal provided by bank to the customer is just a simple gateway through which a customer can log in and access his/herloan statement.
- The customers can select the method through which they would like to receive their account statement or home loan statement. If the customers wish to receive the statement through email they need to select the appropriate option and provide their email address.In case the customer wants to receive the statement physically or hard copy, then they should select the relevant option.
- All home loan statements or interest certificates of their home loan get delivered to the customer within twoworking days to the address mentioned in the bank account.
- By accessing the home loan account statement online the customer can also get to know other related information like loan number, loan account, tenure etc. They can even get to know their payment history and loan transactions. Other important details like EMI(Equated Monthly Instalments), charges or loan maturity dates can also be obtained through this online service.
- The customers can also get to know the change in interest rates or their schedule of repayment of their home loans.
Procedure for obtaining HDFC bank Home Loan Statement:
Customers or the home loan account holders who want to access their statement for loan account or interest certificate, they can do it by following these procedure:
- The customer has to first visit the official website of the bank i.e. hdfcbank.com.
- Then once they log in to home page they need to scroll down to the bottom of the page wherein a provisional statement link is available and they need to select that link.
- Then the customer will be directed to a page where he/she can obtain the provisional home loan statement or the interest certificate for the financial year they are looking for.
- The customer needs to provide few details or information in the required field provided in the portal. The customer needs to provide information like loan account number in the space given. Then they need to enter the code in the next space provided.
- After the customer has provided the required details they need to click on go to access home loan statement or the interest certificate.
- This online facility also helps the customer to change their details. So if the customer wants to correct or change any information they had entered then they can click on clear to re-enter the correct records.
Purpose of Bank Statement:
Monthly bank statements help a customer, as well as all types of business owners in reconciliation. It basically helps them to find out the cheques which are lost or deposited. They also help to find out that if the bank are charging the customer with excess or unjustified charges. Statements also help to ensure that all the transactions are being posted correctly by the bank. Timely reconciliation can help you to object promptly to your bank regarding any unauthorised or forged cheques, which may have been presented to the bank or paid by the bank. In fact by reconciling monthly bank statements and reviewing the general ledger accounts can help people to make a sound financial decision. Hence, bank statements hold an important part in today’s financial supermarket.