What is Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Yojana?
Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Yojana or PMRY is initiated by Central Government of India to provide sustainable self-employment opportunities to 10 lakh educated unemployed youth and women in India. Launched in 1993, PMRY initiated this cause by offering financial assistance in starting one’s own enterprise in trade, manufacturing, and services sectors.
Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Yojana – Eligibility
PMRY aims in setting up of 7 lakh micro enterprises through inducting service and business venture over a period of 2 years 6 months. Small Scale Industries (SSI) uses its vision to utilize local resources, technologies for productive purposes and exploit the local market at micro level.
Collateral: No collateral required for project up to Rs.1 lakh
|PMRY – Eligibility|
|Age||For all educated unemployed people between 18-35 years|
|Educational Qualification||8th standard – Passed|
|Interest Rate||Normal interest rate shall be charged|
|Repayment Schedule||Between 3 to 7 years after an initial moratorium|
|Family Income||Income of beneficiary along with spouse nor the income of parents shall exceed Rs. 40,000/month|
|Residence||Permanent resident of the area for at least 3 years|
|Defaulter||Should not be a defaulter to any nationalized financial institution / bank / cooperative bank|
|Subsidy and Margin money||Subsidy will be limited to 15% of the project cost subject to ceiling of Rs. 7,500 per borrower|
|Reservation||Weaker sections (SCs/STs), including women|
Apply for Business Loan @ 14.99% onwards per annum Apply Now
Features of Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Yojana:
- Project Cost Covered under PMRY Scheme (Loan Amount)
Sector Project Cost Business Sector Rs. 2 lakh Service Sector Rs. 5 lakh Industry Sector Rs. 5 lakh
- PMRY is a centrally sponsored scheme with repayment tenure from 3 years to 7 years
- Training provided to borrowers for 15-20 days to ensure the setting up of their businesses
- Primary body of this scheme is Development Commissioner (Small-Scale Industries) under Ministry of Small Scale, Rural and Agro, Industries
- Commissioner/Director of Industries implements the scheme at the State level except the four metropolitan cities of the country
- Every quarter, State Level PMRY Committee monitors the progress of the scheme
- Implementing agencies of this scheme are the metropolitan cities of the country
- To expand their coverage areas of small tea gardens, fishing, poultry, piggery and horticulture
- Easy Equated Monthly Instalments (EMIs) for borrower’s business initialization
Relief Norms and Measures for North Eastern Region
- Subsidy component @15% with an upper ceiling of Rs. 15,000
- Assistance Eligibility for project costing up to Rs. 2 lakh
- Margin money may vary from 5% to 12.5% of the project cost
Get Business Loan for Startups at Lowest Interest Rates Apply Now
How to apply for loan under Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Yojana (PMRY)?
Please follow the steps below for a successful registration process and loan apply under Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Yojana online:
Step 1: Visit the official website of Prime Minister’s Rozgar Yojana https://pmrpy.gov.in/
Step 2: Download the application form and fill it with complete details.
Step 3: Submit the duly filled form to the respective bank those which come under PMRY scheme and then the concerned bank will get in touch with you.
List of Documents Required
Copies of the following documents are required to apply for Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Yojana (PMRY):
- Driving License
- EDP Training certificate
- Copy of the Proposed Project Profile
- Experience, qualification, and technical certificates
- Proof of Date of Birth (SSC certificate or TC from school where studied)
- Residence proof for 3 years, ration card or any other proof of residency
- Income certificate issued by MRO (Mandal Revenue Officer)
- Caste certificate issued by MRO, if applicable
Modifications in the PMRY Scheme
- The upper age limit has been raised by 10 years beyond 35 years for SCs/STs and women
- Educational qualifications for eligibility under the scheme has been reduced to 8th class from 10th class
- The upper limit of project cost has also been increased from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 2 lakh
- The scheme will cover agriculture and allied activities and exclude direct agricultural operations, such as manure and its purchase, raising crop, etc.
- Group financing eligibility up to Rs. 5 lakh
- The upper age limit increased up to 40 years in seven North Eastern States of India
FAQs on PMRY
Q. What is the age criteria to enroll for PMRY?
Ans. The minimum age of the applicant should be 18 years and maximum 35 years; in case the applicant is from North-eastern states then the maximum age is 40 years and for people falling in SC/ST category then it is 45 years.
Q. What is the minimum qualification required to enroll under PMRY?
Ans. The applicant should have studied and passed VIII standard to be eligible.
Q. Is there any requirement of collateral to be submitted?
Ans. There is no requirement of collateral for project up to Rs. 1 lakh.
Q. What is the subsidy offered under PMRY?
Ans. The subsidy offered under PMRY is 15% of the project cost, maximum of Rs. 7500.
Q. Are there any income criteria to meet before enrolling for PMRY?
Ans. The annual family income shall not exceed Rs. 40,000 to get enrolled under PMRY.
Q. What is the repayment schedule offered under PMRY?
Ans. The repayment schedule to be followed by the applicant should be between 3 to 7 years after initial moratorium period.
Q. For how long is the training provided to the borrowers?
Ans. The training is provided for 15-20 days to ensure that their businesses get settled and started.
Q. What is the maximum time duration that I need to reside permanently before applying?
Ans. You need to have stayed for at least 3 years at the same location to be eligible for PMRY.
You may be interested in: