Coir Udyami Yojana (CUY) is a credit-linked subsidy scheme that helps entrepreneurs in setting-up of coir manufacturing units for maximum project cost up to Rs. 10 lakh. The scheme is the mix of subsidy and loan, subject to the small upfront contribution by the owner of the unit. The start-up businessmen who are interested to establish the coir manufacturing unit can avail the benefit of this scheme. They can apply to any coir board of the state or designated institute by the coir board. They can also apply online for availing subsidy and loan under Coir Udyami Yojana by visiting their official website or by clicking this link http://coirservices.gov.in/frm_login.aspx.
Eligibility Criteria for Coir Udyami Yojana (CUY)
|Eligibility Criteria for CUY|
|Age Criteria||Indian Citizen above 18 years of age|
|Income Ceiling||No specific income ceiling capped|
|Scope of Eligible Project||Production of coir fibre, yarn and finished products|
|Eligible Applicants||· Individual (Only one person per family)|
· NGO(Non-Government Organization)
· Self Help Group
· Registered Society
· Charitable Trust
· Joint Liability Group
|Project Profile||If the project has already availed the subsidy under any other scheme of central government or state government, the project is not eligible for CUY|
Documents Required for Coir Udyami Yojana
- Cast certificate issued from the competent authority to avail the benefit under special cast applicants
- In case of applicants other than an individual, the certified copy of bye-laws of the organization has to be appended with the application
- Detailed working of project cost, including capital expenditure, machinery and building
- Detailed report of the working capital cycle and requirement, in case the applicant wishes to avail working capital loan from the bank, without subsidy
- KYC documents of individual applicant: Identification proof and Residential proof
- Appropriate registration documents in case of non-individual applicants
- Property documents of the proposed location for the coir manufacturing unit
- Proof of coir industry experience
- Certificate of EDP (Entrepreneurship Development Program) training
- Industrial establishment certificate (Issued by DIC)
- Plan and Estimate of civil construction work. The plan has to be certified by the Charter Engineer
Features and Benefits of Coir Udyami Yojana (CUY)
- The maximum coir project cost under Coir Udyami Yojana is up to Rs. 10 lakh in which the cost of working capital is not included in the project cost
- The project cost plus one working capital cycle that shall not exceed 25% of the project cost
- The scheme is launched by the Central government to establish micro and small level coir units in the country
- Only 5% of the project cost has to be paid by the applicant, initially
- Applicant can avail the 40% subsidy from the government of the project cost
- Balance 55% of the project cost is granted in the form of a loan at the concessional terms
- The project cost covers every kind of capital purchases. However, working capital is not considered for the purpose of the loan and subsidy
- Companies, Individuals, NGOs, Self-Help Group, Registered Society, Production Co-Operative Society and Charitable Trust can apply for this scheme
|Loan Coverage||· Capital expenditure|
· Working capital is not considered
· If work shed is already available, it is not considered for loan or subsidy amount
|Maximum Repayment Period||Max. up to 7 Years|
|Credit Guarantee||Loan under Coir Udyami Yojana is covered through the CGTMSE scheme under the Ministry of MSME|
How to Apply for Coir Udyami Yojana?
Applying for the Coir Udyami Yojana is extremely simple. You can avail the application form any of the below offices:
- Coir Board Offices
- District Industrial Center
- Coir Project Offices
- Panchayati Raj Institutions
- Nodal offices approved by the coir board
- Coir Board Website (Direct Download)
The duly filled application form along with necessary documents can be submitted to the Coir Board field offices or District Industrial Centres (DICs).
You can also apply for CUY scheme online by visiting its official website http://coirservices.gov.in/.
Choose the scheme and click on ‘Apply Online’. You will see a login window that will require your login details, if you are a registered user. If you are not registered user then click on ‘New Login Registration’. After that you need to enter your basic details like full name, mobile number, email ID, Aadhar number, and security question and user name as per your preference. Finally, you can click on ‘Confirm’ to complete the registration process.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ques. What is the importance of Entrepreneurship Development Certificate?
Ans. Each applicant has to undergo the Entrepreneurship Development Program(EDP) to be eligible for the Coir Udyami Yojana. The applicant must undergo the training and produce the certificate to the competent authority before the coir board recommends the loan to the bank.
Ques. Are there any criteria to purchase the machinery for Coir Udyami Yojana?
Ans. The machinery purchased must meet the criteria and specifications as decided by the Coir Board. Since many coir projects are established in the rural sector, the applicant can also purchase the generator of appropriate capacity to keep the unit up during power shortages in the village.
Ques. How can I market coir products produced under Coir Udyami Yojana?
Ans. The government has allocated a dedicated budget to give widespread awareness of the coir products. Moreover, the coir board spends the budget to participate in the exhibitions to market the coir products. The board will handhold the applicant to market the products at reasonable rates.
PMEGP Loan – Interest Rate, Eligibility, Documents
SIDBI – Schemes, Interest Rates, Eligibility & Steps to Apply for Loan
KVIC – Objective, Functions & Scheme Detail
Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Yojana (PMRY) – Scheme Eligibility, Documents, Implementation
CGTMSE – Loan Eligibility, Fees and Coverage
NABARD Schemes – Interest Rate, Subsidy, Loan & Funds Under Nabard
Mahila Samridhi Yojana – Interest Rate, Eligibility, Documents
MSME Loan – Interest Rate, Eligibility, Documentation
Most Successful Small Business Ideas
Small Business Loans – Eligibility, Interest Rates & Top Providers
Startup Business Loans – Benefits, Eligibility, Types