What is Stand-Up India Scheme?
Stand-Up India Scheme provides funding to women entrepreneurs and people who come under SC/ST category of the society. Stand-up India scheme was introduced by Government of India to provide credit services majorly to SC/ST category people. The primary purpose of this scheme is to help banks in offering loans between Rs. 10 lakh and Rs. 1 crore to at least one SC/ST applicant and one women entrepreneur per bank branch in enabling them to set-up their own enterprise.
Download Loan Application Form for Stand Up India Scheme by visiting standupmitra.in or by Clicking here
|Stand-up India Scheme – Interest Rate & Eligibility – 2021|
|Interest Rate||Bank’s MCLR + 3% + tenor premium|
|Repayment tenure||Max. 7 years with moratorium period up to 18 months|
|Min. age criteria||18 years for SC/ST and women entrepreneur|
|Loan amount||Between Rs. 10 lakh and Rs. 1 crore|
|Loans offered for||Only Green Field Projects (first time venture)|
|Shareholding stake||51% for Non-Individual Enterprises|
|Borrower’s financial repayment status||Never defaulted to any bank or NBFC|
|Working Capital Limit||Up to Rs. 10 lakh in form of Cash Credit limit|
Note: The mentioned interest rates are subject to change and depend on the sole discretion of the Stand-up India authority, bank, NBFC and RBI. GST and service tax shall be levied extra on the mentioned charges.
Stand-up India scheme shall be operated by all branches of India’s scheduled commercial banks. The main focus of this scheme is to provide funding to enterprise serving the services, manufacturing and trading sectors. For non-individual enterprises, at least 51% of controlling and shareholding stake could be held by either a women borrower or an individual belonging to SC/ST.
Apply for Business Loan @ 11.90% onwards per annum Apply Now
Features of Stand-up India Scheme
- Interest rate applicable is set by the desired bank for that category that is banks’ not to exceed MCLR + 3% + tenor premium
- Minimum age criteria to get loan under Stand-up scheme is 18 years for SC/ST people and women applicants
- Loans are only offered for Green Field Projects that means for entrepreneurs who are venturing in manufacturing or trading sectors for the first time
- Applicant should not have defaulted before to any bank or NBFC
- Composite loan (that includes term loan and working capital) is offered between Rs. 10 lakh and up to Rs. 1 crore
- Loans may be secured by collateral security or guarantee of Credit Guarantee Fund Scheme, as decided by the banks
- Loans can be used for SC/ST and women entrepreneurs to set up new enterprise only in trading, services and manufacturing sectors
- The repayment period is a maximum up to 7 years with maximum moratorium period up to 18 months
- No subsidy is offered under Stand-up India Scheme
Stand up India Loan details
Loan Amount offered is the 75% of the project cost that is inclusive of term loan or working capital loan. The standup mitra applicant shall not be applicable if borrower’s contribution along with conjunction support from any other scheme surpasses 25% of the project cost.
- Interest Rate: (Base Rate + (MCLR) + 3% + Tenor Premium)
- Loan Amount: Minimum Rs. 10 lakh & Maximum up to Rs. 1 crore
- Repayment Tenure: Up to 7 years, including moratorium period of 18 months
Collateral: Required as primary security or guarantee of Credit Guarantee Scheme for Stand-up India Loans (CGFSIL)
Get Business Loan for Startups at Lowest Interest Rates Apply Now
How to apply for loans under the Stand-Up India Scheme?
To apply for loans under Stand-Up India, applicants need to visit the nearest bank branch and find out whether 1-person quota for SC/ST category or one women entrepreneur per bank branch is available or not. If yes, then he/she can fill in and submit the application form along with required documents to apply for loan under Stand-up India scheme. The application form can be downloaded from standupmitra or standup India portal.
- Minimum age of 18 years for SC/ST or women entrepreneur
- Loan available only for Green Field Projects
- At least 51% of shareholding stake to be held with either SC/ST or women entrepreneur, in case of non-individual enterprise
- Applicant should not have defaulted in any previous loan(s)
- Indian citizen with no criminal records
Steps to register for Stand-up India Scheme
Step 1: Visit Stand-up India’s official website ‘https://www.standupmitra.in/Login/Register’
Step 2: Fill in the registration form by firstly entering the business location that include business address, state, district, village, town, city and pin code.
Step 3: Select whether promoter belongs to women category and holds 51% stake or higher and same applicable to SC/ST category.
Step 4: Next applicant can select the nature of the business planned, desired loan amount, nature and description of business activity, status of space for business and select the drop down of first time entrepreneurs.
Step 5: Further he/she needs to mention his/her past business experience by mentioning business activity, years of experience and nature of business.
Step 6: Next one need to tick the desired hand holding support, as per the need and interest.
Step 7: Last and final step of registration is regarding applicant’s personal information that is name, name of enterprise, user name, mobile number, email and type of constitution.
Step 8: By clicking on register applicant will be able to apply for the Stand-up India scheme with the respective financial institution and their officials will contact for further formalities.
Best Working Capital Loan offers from leading banks Apply Now
- Passport-sized photographs
- Identity Proof: Passport, driving license, voter’s ID card, PAN card, etc.
- Residence Proof: Voter’s ID card, passport, latest electricity and telephone bills, property tax receipt, etc.
- Business address proof
- Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company
- Partnership deed of the partners
- Photocopies of lease deeds
- Rent agreement
- Last 3 years’ balance sheets of association
- Assets and liabilities statement of the promoters and guarantors
Stand-up India has always worked to promote economic empowerment and helped in the creation of employment. The scheme is set to benefit minimum 2.5 lakh borrowers through 1.25 lakh bank branches located nationwide. This scheme provides a digital platform to support entrepreneurs from SC/ST category and women entrepreneurs via credit guarantee, hand holding support and providing information on financing. Additional services offered under this scheme are training, mentorship, guidance and skill development programmes for entrepreneurs.
Stand Up India Bank’s List
FAQs on Stand-up India Scheme
Q. Who is eligible for Stand-Up India?
Ans. SC/ST and or women applicants with minimum 18 years of age are eligible to apply for loans under Stand-up India Scheme.
Q. How can I apply for Stand-Up India?
Ans. You can apply for a loan under Stand-up India scheme by visiting the nearest bank branch and filling and submitting loan application form, along with required documents and photographs.
Q. Is there any subsidy in Stand-Up India?
Ans. No, there is no subsidy offered under this scheme. However, loans up to 75% of the project cost are offered at attractive interest rates from scheduled commercial banks, as well as private and public sector banks.
Q. What is the difference between Startup India and Stand-Up India?
Ans. Startup India is an online entrepreneurship platform for startups that makes them use various tools and resources for their business and allows them to create a network for them to promote and grow their business. Whereas in Stand-Up India it offers loans depending upon the project cost to SC/ST and or women entrepreneurs.