Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) is a placement-linked Skill Training Initiative of the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) that is initiated by the Government of India. This Yojana was formed under MoRD which works to transform rural youth into the economically independent sections of society. DDU-GKY is considered a part of the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM) which focuses on adding diversity to the incomes of rural poor families. It also caters to the career and employment objectives of rural youth in India.
This yojana mainly works for the youth belonging to poor families and are aged between 15 -35 years. DDU-GKY supports Government’s social and economic programs, such as Smart Cities and Start-Up India, Make in India, Digital India, and Stand-Up India campaigns. Its partners are supported through capacity building, strategies for retention, investment, technology support for training purposes, and linkages to international placement.
- Applicant’s age should be between 15 – 35 years
- All Indian Women are eligible
- Persons with disabilities (PWDs)
- Transgender and other special groups
- 50% funds reserved for SCs and STs
- 15% for Minority Groups
- 3% for people with Disabilities
- 33% to be women in each training programs
- People belonging to Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs)
Appy for Business Loan @ low interest rate Apply Now
Eligibility to be a Training Partner with DDU-GKY
- Any registered organization that should not be a sole proprietorship or partnership firms are eligible to become training partners
- Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs) are eligible to become training partners
- Registered partners of National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) are also eligible
DDU-GKY Features & Benefits
- DDU-GKY works with skill partners, regulating organizations, educations institutions, and private and public organizations to ensure positive change for rural youth and their families
- Offers dedicated training hours for basic computers, spoken English and soft skills in residential and non-residential campuses with adequate technology matching the industry standards
- Efforts to place at least 70% of project target trainees with a minimum monthly salary of Rs. 6000
- Maintains minimum training on soft skills for at least 160 hours
- Organizes work readiness training program to ensure that candidates start performing, as soon as they join any organization
- Trainee’s benefits include free uniform, course material, and even lodging and boarding in case of the residential program
- Post-placement salary top-ups every month for 2-6 months depending on the location of placement
- Provides a Tablet PC per candidate at training centers
- Manages computer labs and provides e-learning at training centers
Steps to Register under DDU-GKY
Firstly, the applicants need to get enrolled with his/her Gram Panchayat or Gram Rozgar Sewak, further, they will get recommendations regarding nearby training centers.
Secondly, the applicants need to find and contact a nearby training center.
Thirdly, applicants need to find a trade that he/she wants to learn and the contact information of the training centre teaching that trade.
Lastly, applicants can register by visiting the official website of Kaushal Panjee or by clicking here and further clicking on candidate registration.
Under this section, there are three categories that can be accessed by the applicants for various purposes, such as Fresh/New Registrations, Incomplete registration forms, and registered candidates.
By selecting Fresh/New Registration and clicking on the below tab ‘Next’ a new page will open that will require all related information.
Applicants are required to fill in all the information which should be correct as per their knowledge and click on ‘Save and Proceed’. In this way the applicant can register under DDU-GKY.
Get Business Loan for Startups at Lowest Interest Rates Apply Now
State Skill Development Missions – 2023
|State Skill Development Missions|
|States||SRLMs (State Rural Livelihood Missions)|
|Bihar||Bihar Rural Livelihoods Promotion Society|
|Chhattisgarh||Chhattisgarh State Rural Livelihoods Mission|
|Gujarat||Gujarat Livelihood Promotion Company (GLPC)|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Himayat Mission Management Unit, Jammu & Kashmir State Rural Livelihoods Mission (JKSRLM)|
|Jharkhand||Jharkhand State Livelihood Promotion Society (JSLPS)|
|Madhya Pradesh||MP State Rural Livelihood Mission|
|Maharashtra||Maharashtra State Rural Livelihoods Mission|
|Odisha||Odisha Rural Development and Marketing Society (ORMAS)|
|Punjab||Punjab Skill Development Mission|
|Tamil Nadu||Tamilnadu Corporation for Development of Women Ltd.|
|Tripura||Tripura Rural Livelihoods Mission Society|
|Uttar Pradesh||Uttar Pradesh Skill Development Mission (UPSDM)|
|West Bengal||Paschim Banga Society for Skill Development (PBSSD)|
Also Read: What is the Stand up India Scheme?
- Voter’s ID card
- Aadhaar Card or Photo ID card issued by Govt. of India
- BPL Card of self or your household (with names mentioned)
- Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) card
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) or BPL PDS card
- NRLM-Self Help Group identification or certificate for any member of your household
- MGNREGA worker card of any member of your household, with a minimum of 15 days of completed work
Age Limit reservation or relaxation proof
- SC/ST Certificate issued by the competent authority
- Disability Certificate issued by Registered Medical Practitioner
DDU-GKY helps people in getting employment by organizing skilled-training programs which further assist people in making a better livelihood and enhancing the scope of career development. The skilled training programs learned by people are not only meant to gain employment but also broaden business opportunities. Trained people can initiate a start-up business considering their skill set and knowledge. To make it more easy and simple, the Government of India has launched various schemes in tie-ups with banks and NBFCs in which they provide funding support to customers. The loan amount offered ranges from Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 10 lakh depending on business requirements and the interest rate is low with flexible repayment options in form of affordable EMIs.
DDU-GKY – Details
|Target (Till March 2023)||Trained||Placed||Assessed||Certified|
Source: http://ddugky.gov.in/ (Data provided as on 10 Oct 2022) Last updated on Jan 2023.
Placement under DDU-GKY
Under DDU-GKY, its training partners are required to place at least 75% of the successful candidates in jobs. The placed candidates are supposed to get Rs. 6000, as their monthly salary. This shall be the total salary in which the accommodation, meals and transport cost shall be included.
Project Funding of DDU-GKY
To become a partner, an applicant should have a positive net worth in at least two of the last three financial years. Its annual turnover should be at least 25% of the size of the proposed project cost.
Rural Skills Division,
Ministry of Rural Development,
7th Floor, NDCC-II Building,
Jai Singh Road, New Delhi-110001
Office Time: 9:30 A.M. – 5:30 P.M.
[Monday to Friday Except Gazetted Holiday]
Get Business Loan with Minimum Documentation Apply Now
Q. What is DDU-GKY?
Ans. DDU-GKY is a placement-linked skill training initiative by the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India (MoRD), primarily focussed at rural poor youth of age between 15 and 35 years to create income opportunities for poor families and support rural youth in realizing their career aspirations.
Q. How much does DDU-GKY help?
Ans. DDU-GKY can help you in getting trained on various courses and helping you in getting jobs related to the courses. The scheme offers training programs in over 82 sectors covering approximately 450 types of jobs or trades.
Q. Which sectors are involved?
Ans. There are approximately 82 sectors involved in training programs by partners.
Q. Are the classes full time or part time?
Ans. The classes organized are of various types, such as six day week classes, weekend classes and part time classes, as per the training projects.
Q. Is there a training fee?
Ans. No training fee and no registration charges. This yojana subsidizes 100% of the cost of skill training of candidates at its approved training centres.
Q. What would be the duration of the training?
Ans. The duration of the training programs varies from course to course and are offered in 3-month, 6-month, 9-month and 12-month training courses. The duration of these month batches are 576 hours, 1152 hours, 1728 hours and 2304 hours, respectively.